Scandinavian Airlines seat selection is your ticket to a world of travel tailored to your desires. Immerse yourself in the panoramic views from window seats or enjoy unrestricted access to the aisle for easy movement. The air carrier offers a spectrum of seating options, from spacious and tranquil to intimate and cozy. The ergonomic designs ensure optimal comfort, while in-flight entertainment keeps you engaged throughout your journey. So, make your next trip unforgettable with this airline, where your seat is just the beginning of your journey’s story.
Seat Selection Manual Of Scandinavian Airlines
The carrier allows you to select your seats in advance to fly conveniently to your destination. There are different seat types available that you can choose from on the aircraft of this airline.
Preferred Seats: You get a variety of options in the preferred seating type. You can select the seats from the front cabin, back cabin, aisle, window, middle, and extra legroom options.
Extra Seats: This is the option in which you can select an extra seat adjacent to yours. It will provide you with more comfort and space to relax. These seats can also be selected at your departure airport.
Guaranteed Extra Seat: You can select an additional seat next to you that will remain empty for sure. It is the best option if you are carrying a musical instrument or have a medical condition. You have to select the guaranteed extra seat at the same time when you book your ticket. And it is only possible through the customer service center of the carrier or your travel agency.
Process Of Seat Selection On Scandinavian Airlines
You are entitled to select seats on Scandinavian Airlines at different time periods and in different ways. It can be done at the time of your initial reservation, after booking your flight, and online or via offline methods. Let us explain all these processes in detail through this article to you.
Seat Selection During Online Booking
Selecting your seat when you are buying your flight ticket is actually the best time. Because you get plenty of options to choose from and might even select it at a low price. The prompts you can follow in this process are given below.
- Head to the official website of the airline by typing www.flysas.com on your preferred search engine.
- On the left-hand side of the homepage, you will see a flight booking section.
- Firstly, you can choose your trip type and the number of people traveling with you.
- Then, add your from and to airports from the list.
- When you click on the travel dates button, a calendar will appear pop up where you can choose the dates accordingly.
- Now, click on the “Search Flights” button in order to proceed further.
- A list of flights available on your dates will be provided to you on the next page.
- Select the flight that suits your comfort and budget the best and click on it.
- In the next step, you have to enter your personal information in the specified fields. Don’t forget to add the info in the mandatory ones.
- After this, the Scandinavian Airlines seat map will be shown where you can make the selection.
- The next page will show you the “Extras” available to purchase for your flight journey. Choose any if you want to and click on the “Continue” button.
- Once you have selected everything, you need to select your mode of payment and enter its details correctly.
- Review your payment details and click on the “Confirm” button.
- As soon as your payment is completed, the confirmation page will show your flight itinerary.
- The airline will also send your e-ticket and selected seat details to your registered email address.
Selecting A Seat Online After Booking
You can make a seat selection even after you have bought your flight ticket. This process can be completed at the website of the carrier. You can have a look at the steps you need to follow below.
- Once you land on the official website of the airline, select the “My Bookings” tab displayed at the header of the homepage.
- Now, enter your booking reference along with your last name and click on the “Search” button.
- Your flight information will be retrieved by the system. It will also display the seat map.
- Select your favorite seat from the available options and proceed to the payment section.
- Pay the required fee for the seat and you will receive the confirmation email of your selected seat within some time.
Seat Selection Via Customer Service
The agents at SAS Customer Service are readily available to complete the process of seat selection on your behalf.
You can call the numbers +1 800 221 2350 or +1 201 896 3600 and speak to one of the staff members.
The hours when you can make a call on these telephone numbers are 9 am to 7 pm, Monday to Friday. On Saturdays and Sundays, the operating hours of the customer service center are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please follow the Eastern Standard Time Zone while making the call.
Once your call is picked up by the representative, you can make a new reservation and select your seat. Or you can give your flight information to them and request to select your seat for the journey.
The agent will provide you with the available seating options and will ask you to pay the charges for the one you want to select. After paying the price, they will select a seat for you and will send its details to your given contact information.
Prices For Seat Selection On Scandinavian Airlines
The Scandinavian Airlines seat selection fee is based on the type of fare you purchased, the route of your flight, and which seat you prefer.
- You can select seats free of cost on your SAS Plus or SAS Business ticket. Free seat selection is also given as a benefit to EuroBonus Diamond and Gold members.
- In case you buy an SAS Go Smart ticket, then you can select a seat without paying any charges at the time of check-in. It usually begins 30 hours prior to the departure time of your flight.
- Seat selection is not included in the SAS Go Light ticket. You can select one beforehand with a fee.
- The Extra Legroom seats can be selected with a payment starting from around $69.
- You select the preferred seats in front or back of the cabin by paying around $45.
- To select a window or an aisle seat, the price you need to pay for them can start from $29.
- Middle seat selection can be made with a payment of approximately $19.
- Selecting an extra seat for your journey requires you to pay a price starting from around $91 for flights to and from the USA. You can buy up to two extra seats and the check-in is only available at the airport if you select extra seats.
- As mentioned above, the guaranteed extra seats can be selected only at the time of booking and through customer service. You need to pay around $169 to confirm your guaranteed extra seat.
Terms And Conditions Related To Seat Selection
You must keep the important points in mind that affect the process of seat selection for your journey.
- You will be assigned a seat free of cost on board if you don’t select one in advance and no changes can be made to it.
- You get access to a seating category in the service class specified on your ticket when you make a seat selection.
- Rebooking your ticket transfers your pre-selected seat to the new SAS flight. But it is only possible if the route of your flight is the same and the seat category is unchanged.
- No seat selection fee amount will be refunded if you cancel your flight ticket.
- The extra seat fee is non-refundable in the event of rebooking or cancellation. They are also non-transferable to a new flight.
- You must fulfill the security requirements of the carrier when you make a selection of the exit row seats.
1. Can I select a seat on the mobile application of Scandinavian Airlines?
Yes, you are permitted to make a seat selection on the SAS App. But, there are chances that you can only select and buy extra seats for your flight on the mobile application. You can call the customer service or visit the official website for more information on this topic.
2. What is the Scandinavian Airlines seat selection process for group booking?
When you travel with a group on this air carrier, you are entitled to take advantage of a number of benefits all along the journey. Once all the names of group members are given to the airline, you will be assigned complimentary seats. But you also have the option of choosing preferred seats for your entire group with an additional fee.