Embark on a journey of unparalleled comfort and personalized travel experiences with Malaysia Airlines seat selection options. Your seat is more than just a place to sit; it’s your window to the world, a haven of relaxation, and a gateway to memorable journeys. With our carefully curated seat selection process, we empower you to take control of your in-flight experience like never before.
Whether you crave extra legroom, prefer a window seat with breathtaking views, or desire proximity to the cabin crew, our seat selection service ensures that every moment of your flight is tailored to your preferences. Let’s explore the options mentioned in the article below.
Overview of Malaysia Airlines Seat Selection Policy
To be at ease throughout the flight journey, you must select a seat as per your preference. But if you are flying with this airline for the first time or if you are not aware of the seating classes, or the seat selection procedure then you must check out the details written below.
Types of Seats Offered By Malaysia Airlines
Malaysia Airlines offers three cabin classes: Business Suite, Business Class, and Economy Class. Each cabin class offers a variety of seat types to choose from, depending on your needs and preferences.
Business Suite: The Business Suite is Malaysia Airlines’ most premium cabin class, offering the ultimate in privacy and luxury. Each suite features a sliding door for complete privacy, a fully lie-flat bed, a personal 23-inch TV, and a mini-bar. Business Suite passengers also enjoy priority check-in, boarding, and baggage handling, as well as access to Malaysia Airlines’ Golden Lounge.
Business Class: This class passengers enjoy a more spacious and comfortable travel experience than Economy Class passengers. Business Class seats offer more legroom, wider seats, and a greater recline angle. Business Class passengers also enjoy access to Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge, priority check-in, boarding, and baggage handling, and a wider selection of in-flight meals and drinks.
Economy Class: This is Malaysia Airlines’ most affordable cabin class. Economy Class seats are comfortable and spacious, with plenty of legroom and recline. Economy Class passengers enjoy a variety of in-flight entertainment options, as well as a selection of complimentary meals and drinks.
The types of seats that you will get to choose from are given below;
- Extra Legroom Seats: These seats offer up to 4 inches of extra legroom, making them ideal for taller passengers or passengers who need more space to spread out.
- Bulkhead Seats: These seats are located in front of a bulkhead, which means they have no seat in front of them. This gives passengers more legroom and the ability to stretch out their legs.
- Exit Row Seats: These seats are located next to an emergency exit. They offer more legroom than other Economy Class seats, but passengers must be able to meet certain requirements, such as being able to lift 40 pounds and assist with opening the emergency exit door in the event of an emergency.
- Preferred Seats: These seats are located in the first few rows of the Economy Class cabin. They offer easy access to the washrooms and galleys, and they are often the first seats to be boarded and deplaned.
Various Methods to Select a Malaysia Airlines Seat
Check out the various methods and times to select your Malaysia seat given below;
To get a seat as per your choice and to get more seat options, it is advisable to select your seat during the booking procedure. The rest of the details can be checked below;
To select your seat on Malaysia Airlines during online booking, follow these general steps:
- Start by going to the official Malaysia Airlines website (www.malaysiaairlines.com).
- Enter your departure and destination cities, travel dates, and the number of passengers. Click on the “Search” or “Find Flights” button to see available flights.
- Choose your preferred flight from the list of available options.
- During the booking process, you will have the option to select your seat. This may vary depending on the booking platform used, but generally, you will see a seat selection screen after selecting your flight.
- You will be presented with a seat map of the aircraft. This Malaysia Airlines seat map will show all available seats and their associated costs (if applicable). It will also indicate which seats are already occupied.
- Click on the seat you want to reserve. The seat should change color or have a checkmark to indicate that it’s selected.
- Review your seat selection to ensure it’s correct, and then proceed to the payment and booking confirmation steps.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your booking, including entering passenger information, payment details, and any other required information.
- After completing the booking and payment, you will receive a confirmation email or booking reference. Make sure to save this information for your records.
Note: You cannot select a seat for MASwings connecting flights and code share flights.
Select Seats on Malaysia Airlines by Calling the Airline
To select seats on Malaysia Airlines by calling the airline during the flight booking process, follow these steps:
- Call the Malaysia Airlines customer service or reservations department. You can usually find their contact information on the official Malaysia Airlines website.
- When you speak to a customer service representative, provide them with your flight details, including the departure and destination cities, travel dates, and the number of passengers. If you have a booking reference or ticket number, have it ready as well.
- Inform the customer service representative that you would like to select seats for your flight. They will guide you through the available seat options and help you choose the seats that best fit your preferences.
- Let the representative know your seat preferences, such as window seats, aisle seats, or specific seat rows if you have any preferences. They will do their best to accommodate your requests based on availability.
- Once you have selected your seats with the assistance of the customer service representative, they will confirm your choices and provide you with any additional information, such as seat assignment fees, if applicable.
- If you are satisfied with your seat selections and the overall booking details, the representative will guide you through the payment process and finalize your flight booking.
- After completing the booking, you should receive a confirmation email or booking reference. Be sure to save this information for your records.
To select your Malaysia Airlines seat online a few days after booking, follow these steps:
- Visit Malaysia Airlines Website: Begin by going to the Malaysia Airlines official website.
- Log In or Retrieve Booking: If you have an account, log in using your credentials. If not, retrieve your booking by entering your booking reference number and the last name of the passenger.
- Access Your Booking: Once logged in or after retrieving your booking, you will see your flight details displayed.
- Select Seat: Look for an option such as “Manage Booking” or “View/Change Seats” and click on it.
- Choose Your Seat: A seat map for your flight will appear. Click on your preferred seat choice. Different seats may have varying fees or amenities.
- Confirm Your Selection: Review your chosen seat to ensure it’s correct. If satisfied, proceed to the next steps.
- Payment (if applicable): If there’s a fee for the seat you selected, you may be prompted to make a payment online. Follow the instructions to complete the payment.
- Confirmation: After completing the seat selection and, if necessary, the payment, you should receive a confirmation email with your updated flight details, including your chosen seat.
During Flight Check-in
If you did not book your seat during or after a few days of booking then no worries, you can complete the seat selection procedure on the day of flight boarding during flight check-in.
If you are going to complete the flight check-in procedure online then you are advised to select your seat during the procedure.
- Visit Malaysia Airlines Website: Start by visiting the official Malaysia Airlines website.
- Log In or Retrieve Booking: Log in to your account if you have one. If not, retrieve your booking by entering your booking reference number and the last name of the passenger.
- Access Online Check-In: Find and click on the “Online Check-In” or “Check-In” option. This is typically located on the airline’s homepage or in the “Manage Booking” section.
- Enter Flight Information: Provide the required flight information, including your booking reference or e-ticket number, and follow the prompts to begin the check-in process.
- Select Your Seat: During the check-in process, you will have the option to select your seat. You will likely see a seat map displaying available seats. Click on your preferred seat.
- Confirm Selection: Review your chosen seat to ensure it’s correct. If you’re satisfied, proceed with the check-in process.
- Payment (if applicable): If there’s a fee associated with the seat you selected, you may be prompted to make a payment online. Follow the instructions to complete the payment.
- Finish Check-In: After selecting your seat and completing any necessary payment, finish the online check-in process by following the on-screen instructions.
- Boarding Pass: Once you’ve successfully checked in, you’ll receive your boarding pass electronically. You can either print it or save it on your mobile device.
- Arrive at the Airport: On the day of your flight, arrive at the airport with your printed or electronic boarding pass and any required travel documents.
At the Airport
If you are at the airport, then also you can select your seat at the Malaysia Airlines check-in counter.
Reach the airport on time, then head straight to the Malaysia check-in counter. This counter is usually located in the airport’s departure area. Then Join the queue at the Malaysia Airlines check-in counter. There will likely be several lines, so make sure you choose the one that corresponds to your flight or class of service. When it’s your turn, approach the check-in counter and present your travel documents, which typically include your passport, flight booking reference (PNR), and any relevant visa or identification.
After that, tell the respective agent about your seat preference. You can request a specific seat or ask for their recommendation based on your preferences (e.g., window or aisle seat, front or rear of the aircraft, etc.). Then complete your check-in procedure and pay the Malaysia Airlines seat selection fee and you are ready to fly.