Embark on a journey like no other with Kenya Airways, where your comfort and convenience take center stage. They understand that choosing the perfect seat is an essential part of your travel experience, and that’s why they are committed to making seat selection an effortless and enjoyable process for you.
Whether you are seeking extra legroom, a window with a view, or proximity to the cabin crew, Kenya Airways seat selection options have been thoughtfully designed to cater to your preferences. Join the airline as they explore the many choices you have for your upcoming flight, ensuring that your time in the sky with Kenya Airways is nothing short of extraordinary.
All About Kenya Airways Seat Selection Policy
This airline allows its passengers to select their seats in advance on all flights operated by the airline. Seat selection is subject to availability at the time of request, and some seats may not be available for selection due to operational and safety reasons.
You can select your seat as soon as you purchase your ticket, or at any time up to 24 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart. To select your seat, you can log in to your Kenya Airways account online or call the airline’s customer service center. Let’s discuss these points in detail below;
Types of Seats Offered By Kenya Airways
Check out the different types of seats offered by the airline;
- Economy Class: This is the most basic class of service, with the most affordable seats. Economy Class seats are typically located in the back of the plane and have less legroom than other classes. However, they still offer a comfortable and enjoyable flight experience.
- Economy Comfort Class: Economy Comfort Class is a step up from Economy Class, with more legroom and other amenities. Economy Comfort Class seats are typically located in the front of the Economy Class cabin and offer more reclining.
- Business Class: Business Class is the premium class of service, with the most spacious and comfortable seats. Business Class seats are typically located in the front of the plane and offer more legroom, recline, and other amenities, such as lie-flat seats, direct aisle access, and in-seat entertainment.
In addition to these three main classes of service, Kenya Airways also offers a number of other types of seats, including:
- Extra Legroom Seats: These seats are located throughout the Economy Class cabin and offer more legroom than standard Economy Class seats.
- Preferred Seats: These seats are located in the front of the Economy Class cabin and offer early boarding, priority baggage handling, and other amenities.
- Exit Row Seats: These seats offer more legroom than standard Economy Class seats, but there are some restrictions on who can sit in them. Passengers must be over 18 years old and able to assist the crew in an emergency.
Various Methods to Select a Kenya Seat
You can easily select your preferred seat anytime through various ways. To know the details check out the details given below;
To get better seat options you must select your seat while you proceed with the booking procedure. No matter what mode you have chosen book your flight and select your seat. You can easily proceed further. The steps for different modes are given below;
The online seat selection steps are;
- Go to the Kenya Airways website and click on the “Book Flights” button.
- Enter your travel details, including your departure and arrival airports, travel dates, and number of passengers.
- Click on the “Search Flights” button.
- On the results page, select your preferred flight.
- On the flight details page, scroll down to the “Seat Selection” section.
- Click on the desired seat to select it.
- Continue with the booking process and pay for your flight.
Select Seats on Kenya Airways by Calling the Airline
To select a seat on a flight to Kenya by calling the airline representative, follow these steps:
- Contact the airline’s customer service phone number, which can usually be found on their official website or on your booking confirmation.
- When you reach a representative, provide your booking reference or ticket number to verify your reservation.
- Clearly express your preference for selecting a seat on the flight to Kenya. You can specify your seat preference, such as window, aisle, or a specific row, if you have one.
- Inquire about seat availability and ask if there are any additional charges for seat selection. Some Airways offer free seat selection, while others may charge a fee for preferred seats.
- If the representative confirms seat availability and any associated charges, proceed to select your desired seat. They will guide you through the process and may ask for your preferences based on the available options.
- Review the seat assignment details with the representative to ensure they match your preferences and flight information.
- Provide the necessary personal and payment information if there are charges for seat selection. Be sure to ask for a confirmation of your seat assignment and any payment receipts.
- Thank the airline representative for their assistance and make a note of your selected seat for your upcoming flight to Kenya.
If you did not select your preferred seat, then no worries, it’s not too late. You can select flight seats even after some time of booking, but keep in mind the date gap between the “manage booking” procedure and flight departure day.
Check out the online seat selection steps below;
- Visit the airline’s website.
- Log in to your booking.
- Find the “Seat Selection” or “Manage Booking” option.
- Choose your desired seat on the seat map.
- Review and confirm your selection.
- Pay any applicable Kenya Airways seat selection fee.
- Receive a confirmation of your seat assignment.
- Print or save your boarding pass.
- Check-in online or at the airport on the day of your flight to confirm your seat.
During Flight Check-in
You can also select your seat during check-in. The details are given below;
If you are applying online to select your seat during flight check-in then you must check out and follow the steps given below carefully;
- Access the airline’s website or mobile app and log in to your booking using your reservation details.
- Locate the “Check-In” or “Online Check-In” option and click on it.
- Follow the prompts to verify your personal and flight information.
- When prompted to select a seat, you will likely see a Kenya Airways seat map displaying available seats. Click on your preferred seat.
- Review your seat choice, and if it meets your preferences, confirm it.
- Complete the online check-in process, which may include printing your boarding pass or saving it digitally.
- Keep in mind that seat availability during online check-in may be limited, so it’s a good idea to check in as early as possible to secure your preferred seat.
At the Airport
If you are at the airport and going to proceed with the check-in, then you can select your seat during the procedure by following the steps written below;
- Arrive at the airport well in advance of your flight’s departure time.
- Locate the airline’s check-in counters or kiosks in the airport terminal.
- Queue up at the appropriate counter or use a self-service kiosk if available.
- Provide your booking details, passport, or identification to the airline representative or enter it into the kiosk as prompted.
- Ask the airline representative or use the kiosk to request your preferred seat. If available, they will assign it to you.
- Review your boarding pass to confirm your seat assignment, along with other flight details.
- Proceed to security screening and your departure gate after completing the check-in process.