Opt for peace of mind by crafting your journey to perfection. With Hong Kong Airlines seat selection, your flight experience becomes a personalized adventure. Whether you crave breathtaking window views, quick aisle access, or the tranquility of a quiet corner, this carrier has got you covered. So, elevate your travel, enhance your comfort, and embark on a flight that is uniquely yours.
Seat Selection Manual Of Hong Kong Airlines
Seat selection can be done via different channels and at different times on this air carrier. You can choose from two types of seats in Economy Class for your journey.
Preferred Seat: This category gives you the option to select from window, center, or aisle seats. You can also choose a front-row seat according to the availability.
Extra Legroom Seat: This is the best seat to select if you want more personal space and legroom during the flight. You can also be one of the first to disembark the plane after arriving at your destination. Seat selection in this category also gives the privilege of priority check-in and complimentary bottled water for the flight.
Selecting A Seat At The Time Of Reservation
You can select seats on Hong Kong Airlines while you are booking your flight via the website, mobile application, or WeChat. The steps to follow in this process are:
- Type www.hongkongairlines.com on your search engine to land on the official website of the airline.
- Under the “Flights” section, enter your from and to airports first.
- Then, choose your trip type and your travel dates.
- Add the number of passengers and also choose your cabin class in the next step.
- You can add a promo code (if any) to acquire its benefits.
- Click on the “Search” button to move forward with your booking.
- A new page will open up with a list of flights available on your travel dates.
- Select the flight according to your preference and on the next page, add your personal information.
- Verify your personal details and then select your favorite seat in the next step from the interactive Hong Kong Airlines seat map.
- You purchase any add-ons for your fight journey after the seat selection.
- Lastly, you have to add your payment details to confirm your flight and selected seat.
- The carrier will issue you a flight ticket and send its details to your given contact information.
Seat Selection After The Booking
You can select your seat after purchasing your flight ticket through the website of the carrier. Stick to the steps mentioned below to complete your seat selection process.
- On the homepage of the carrier’s website, select the “Manage Booking” tab displayed at the top.
- Enter the order or e-ticket number along with your name and click on the “Manage Booking” button.
- In your retrieved flight information, choose your seat from the available options on the seat map.
- Pay the required amount as the Hong Kong Airlines seat selection fee and click on the “Confirm” button.
- The system will generate a new flight itinerary including your selected seat information.
- You will soon receive an email from the carrier to your registered email address.
Seat Selection During Online Check-In
You can complete the seat selection procedure when you check in for your flight on the online platform. This process can be carried out from 48 hours and up to 1.5 hours prior to the departure of your flight. You can follow these steps in order to select your seat at this time.
- On the website of the airline, select the “Check-in” tab and input your name, and ticket number.
- Select your departing flight and read the notice of this procedure carefully.
- Add the details of your travel documents in the next step.
- Choose your favorite seat and click on the “Confirm” button.
- You can review your check-in summary and download your self-printed boarding pass or send the mobile boarding pass via SMS.
Seat Selection Through The Customer Service Center
Seats on this carrier can also be selected by contacting the customer service center. Do note that you will be charged an additional service fee of $6 per passenger in this process.
You can call the number +1 800 380 6541 and connect with one of the representatives of the airline. Once your call is picked up, ask the agent for the available seat option.
Choose the seat from the given options and proceed with its payment. You will receive the seat confirmation to your given contact details within a short interval.
Fees Related To Seat Selection On Hong Kong Airlines
The price you have to pay for your selected seat depends on your purchased fare, seat type, and the method you used. It is also based on whether you booked your flight through the website or a travel agent.
You can have a look at the tables below that we have inserted in this article for your reference.
|WAY OF SEAT SELECTION||PREFERRED SEAT||EXTRA LEGROOM SEAT|
|FARE TYPE||Basic and Main||Basic, Main, Flexi Plus|
|Ticket Booking||From $6||From $17.88|
|Manage Booking||From $7||From $20|
|Online Check-In||From $7.66||From $22.99|
|Customer Service Center||From $13||From $26.82|
Note: The selection of a preferred seat on your Flexi fare is free of cost for both the website and travel agency-bought flight tickets. The seat selection in ticket booking for a ticket purchased via a travel agent is not applicable.
Seat Selection Terms And Conditions
Go through the terms below that you should be aware of while selecting your seat with this airline on your flight.
- Your seat selection price is subject to currency fluctuation and is based on individual sector per passenger.
- The seats are totally subject to availability and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Seat selection is not available for special or code-share flights.
- You cannot transfer or get a refund for your selected seat on this carrier.
- Your seat selection will not be completed or accepted by the airline until your payment has been received.
Exit Row Seat Conditions
Mostly, the extra legroom seats are placed in the emergency exit rows on this carrier. So, you must meet the safety requirements if you wish to select these seats.
- Your age must be at least 18 years old on the date of your first flight.
- You should not be pregnant or seated with an infant.
- You must not be under the influence of drugs, alcohol, and intoxicating substances.
- You should not require the use of a seat belt extender.
- You should be able to understand and follow the instructions given by the cabin crew.
- You should not require the use of a wheelchair, postural support equipment, medical oxygen tank, or portable electronic device.
Why can’t I pick my seat when checking in online with Hong Kong Airlines?
The seating options might be limited during this time and will not be available for you if:
1. You require a wheelchair or medical assistance.
2. You are an unaccompanied minor or are traveling with an infant.
3. Your flight ticket number does not begin with 851 or your flight is not operated by the carrier. You have purchased a ticket in I or E class or have a US connecting flight.
How can I get a refund for extra legroom seats on Hong Kong Airlines?
As mentioned above in the article, selected seats are non-refundable, apart from some cases. For example:
1. Your flight is disrupted or canceled by the airline.
2. You missed your flight because of the re-routing of an inbound or outbound flight operated by the carrier.
3. There are no extra legroom seats available on the new flight when the airline changes the aircraft. It can be due to some operational reasons.