If you are looking out for a budget-friendly airline, then choose Ethiopian as your air carrier for your next vacation. Apart from pocket-friendly fares the airline also takes care of passenger’s needs and demands, even if it’s about the selection of preferred seats. To fulfill the demand of providing the demand for favorable seats, the Ethiopian Airlines Seat Selection process has been made by the airline. By using this passenger-friendly process passengers can find the seat that suits them the best.
What are the Terms and Conditions of the Ethiopian Airlines Seat Selection Process?
The seat selection process of the airline can be helpful but only if all the associated terms and conditions are followed by the passenger. All the passengers having booked with this airline can refer to the below-mentioned terms and conditions for the seat selection process.
- If you have already paid for your seat and now want to reschedule your trip then you won’t be able to change to another seat.
- The airline holds the authority to change your seat if any unexpected situation arises.
- In case of flight changes the airline doesn’t guarantee you to provide the same seat. However, it will try its best to accommodate you with similar seat preferences.
- As per the policy of the airline, seat reservations are subject to change up to the departure of the flight.
- The airline doesn’t guarantee seat preference for travellers with infants. Although if seats are empty after boarding, then the first priority will go to passengers with infants.
- It is important to know that the amount paid for the seat selection is non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-exchange. However, in some cases, like involuntary changes, the refund can be claimed by the airline. In the following cases, passengers are eligible for a refund
- Premium seat re-seated on a Regular
- Exit Row with extra legroom re-seated on a regular basis.
Types of Seating Classes available with Ethiopian Airlines
The low-cost airline may not have much to offer, but it fulfils the seating demand of every passenger booking a flight with them. The airline provides seats with extra legroom, a window seat for mesmerising views, and an aisle seat for the passenger to relax and move around. To learn more about the seat assignment, you can also visit the Ethiopian Airlines Seat Map.
The two main seating classes offered by the airline are:
Economy Class Seat Recline
For a cheaper experience, passengers can purchase seats in economy class. However, the amount of reclining in these seats depends on the type of aircraft. For instance, on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, the recline is approximately 6 inches. But on the other side on Boeing 777-200 it’s 5 inches.
Cloud Nine Seat Recline Flat Bed
The seats in the cloud nine class are fully lie-flat seats. These seats are available on the Boeing 777 and Boeing 787, and Airbus A350 aircraft. Apart from having a lie-flat seat, there are other facilities like the availability of the footrest, privacy screen, personal storage compartment, power outlet, and USB port for charging.
Eligibility for Seat Selection refund on Ethiopian Airlines
The airline considers passengers eligible for seat selection refund only if:
- Travelling in a higher cabin class through voluntary or involuntary upgrade.
- Opting for a lower value seat despite initially purchasing a higher value seat.
- Adding their Sheba miles membership to the reservation after booking their seats.
- Making voluntary flight changes to their itinerary, which may include altering flight dates, inbound or outbound destinations, or switching to a different airline for their changed flight.
Conditions for exit row seats
The exit row seats have enough legroom for the passenger to stretch out. But on the same side, the airline allows the allocation of these seats after checking certain requirements:
The airline restricts passengers with reduced mobility, blind passenger, young travellers below 12 years of age, passengers with infants, and prisoners with escort and deportees.
- Passengers must be willing to assist in emergency situations.
- Passengers with no pre-existing conditions like physical or psychological.
- Passengers must be able to speak well and instruct the other passengers onboard.
Steps to Select a Seat on Ethiopian Airlines
With Ethiopian, passengers can select a seat either when booking a flight or after booking the flight. Passengers can follow the below-mentioned steps to select a seat.
Seat Selection at the time of Booking
- For this, first, you have to start by booking a flight with the airline by using the official website.
- Select a suitable flight for your journey and provide all your personal details for the itinerary.
- Once you are done filling in all the details, the airline will redirect to you a seat map page where you can find the availability of seats. This seat map gives you an idea of choosing the right seat for yourself.
- Select the seat according to your preference and make the payment for it.
- The airline will only hold the seat for you if you pay for Ethiopian Airlines seat selection fee.
Seat Selection after the Booking
- Access the main website of the airline.
- Search for the option “Manage Booking.”
- To retrieve your booking, fill in all the details required, like the confirmation code and the last name of the passenger that is on the itinerary.
- Check the availability of seats.
- Select the seat, and make the payment to the airline.
- Once done, the airline will share the confirmation for selected seats on your contact details.
How to pay for preferred seats on Ethiopian Airlines?
The airline makes it flexible for the passengers by accepting several methods of payment like credit/debit cards, cash, and even bank/wire transfer.
Is preferred seat selection free for loyalty program members?
Yes, all the passengers flying with Ethiopian have to pay for seat selection. However, there are some exceptions like Sheba Miles members. Sheba Miles members can enjoy the service for free.
Do I have to pay to choose my seats on code-share flights?
The airline only allows seat selection for the flights operated under them. They won’t hold any responsibility for the seat selection process of flights operated by other airlines. So it’s better to connect with the agent of that specific airline.
Can I select a seat on a phone call with Ethiopian Airlines?
Yes, passengers can change their flight by connecting with the agent on a phone call. To change flights by phone call, passengers can call on 1 (800) 445-2733.