After cancelling your WestJet flight, explore the refund policy of this airline and get the refund you deserve. No matter what refund-claiming method you choose, the airline will always support and guide you to complete the process.
Overview of Westjet Airlines Refund Policy
If you have cancelled your WestJet flight and want to claim a refund, then you must have some firm knowledge about its refund policy to avoid any unwanted chaos;
- Only refundable tickets are eligible for a refund.
- You cannot claim a refund for a non-refundable ticket.
- You can only get a full refund only if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking.
- In case, your flight gets cancelled by the airline due to some reason within their control then you will get compensation.
- You cannot claim a refund in case of a no-show situation at the airport.
- If your flight gets delayed by the airline and you cancel your flight, then you might not get a refund.
Different Ways to Claim a Refund
After cancelling a Westjet flight, you can claim a refund by using various ways;
Online Refund Claiming Procedure
Read and follow the below-given steps very carefully for a smooth refund-claiming procedure;
- Go to the WestJet website and try to log in to your account.
- Then the website will take you to the next page. There you will have to click on the “My Trips” tab.
- Click on the “Refunds” link under the “Manage My Trip” section.
- Fill out the Westjet Airlines refund form.
- Select the flight you want to refund.
- Enter your reason for the refund.
- Attach any supporting documents, such as a boarding pass or other relevant documents.
- Then tap on the “Submit Refund Request” button.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your refund request.
- Soon after the completion, the airline will process your refund within 30 days.
Westjet Airlines Refund Request At the Airport
You can also visit your nearest airport, from where your flight was going to depart. Once you go there, find the WestJet ticket counter. There you will find an agent to assist you. Show your original flight confirmation and any other relevant documentation, such as a boarding pass or proof of purchase to the agent. Tell him/her that you want a refund, and if needed explain why.
Then, the customer service agent will review your flight ticket and its terms and conditions. If you are eligible for a refund, the agent will process your refund request and issue you a refund voucher. You can use the refund voucher to book a new flight with WestJet or to receive a refund to your original form of payment.
Claim Refund Via a Third-Party Agency
In case you cancel your WestJet ticket booked by a third-party agency, then you will have to claim a refund through that agency only. The airline will not help you get a refund.
In the below-given points, you will see the steps that you are required to follow while talking with the agency representative to claim a refund;
- Contact the third-party agency that you booked your flight through. You can contact them via their online website or their customer service department.
- Once you get connected with them, you will need to provide them with your flight information, including the flight number, reservation code, and ticket number.
- Explain why you are requesting a refund. If your flight was cancelled or delayed, you may be entitled to a refund under WestJet’s terms and conditions.
- The third-party agency will then process your refund request and will contact you once it has been processed.
- The agency may charge you some refund processing fee.
Can I get a refund if I cancel my flight due to a medical illness?
Yes, if you face any misfortune or health issues and cancel your flight, then you can surely ask for a refund for your flight from the airline. However, the refundable amount may vary depending on the flight type and terms and conditions applied to your ticket.
What is WestJet premium fares’ refund policy?
WestJet Premium fares are refundable within 24 hours of booking for a full refund in the original form of payment. After 24 hours, a refund fee of approx $300 to $400 CAD/USD (plus tax, per person) can be charged and the remaining funds will be returned to you in the form of a travel credit.