After spending a handful of money on flight tickets, we do not want it to go into veins and Volaris Airlines refund policy understands this very well. This airline offers a flexible refund-claiming policy and procedure. Let’s delve into this article and check out all the details.
Information About Volaris Refund Policy
After cancelling a flight, getting the refund money back can give you stress. To lessen your that stress, we have gathered some information regarding the refund policy;
- You can get a full refund if you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking regardless of the flight ticket.
- The airline only allows refundable ticket holders to claim a full refund minus the refund fees.
- Nonrefundable tickets will not get any refund for flight cancellation from the airline.
- To get a refund, you must cancel your flight at least 7 days before the departure time.
Procedure to Claim a Flight Refund
If you want to claim your refund but are confused about which method would be the best option for you? If not, then check the below-given section, carefully and determine the method you want to go with.
Online Refund Claiming Method
If you do not want to waste your energy by running here and there to get your refund, then you must choose the online booking option. This is not only convenient to use but offers various perks as well.
- Open your browser and head straight to Volaris’ official website.
- Then enter your credentials to log in to your account.
- After you get logged in, you will have to navigate yourself to the “My Trips” or “Manage Reservations” section.
- There you will have to fill Volaris Airlines refund form.
- Select the booking for which you want to claim the refund.
- Look for the option to request a refund. This might be listed as “Refund” or something alike depending on Volaris’ website design at the time.
- Follow the prompts to initiate the refund process. You might need to provide reasons for the refund, and you may be asked to confirm the cancellation.
- Review the details and confirm your refund request.
- After submitting the request, you should receive an email or on-screen confirmation acknowledging your refund request.
- Then you will have to wait for the processing. The airline will process your refund request. The processing time may vary based on their policies and the payment method you used.
- Once the refund is processed, check the original payment method or your Volaris account for the refunded amount.
Proceed With Volaris Airlines Refund Request
In case you encounter any trouble in understanding the online process, then no worries. Here is the second option. You just have to call the airline’s customer care department, to get your refund effortlessly. The steps to deal with them are given below;
- Gather your booking details, reservation number, and any relevant information before calling.
- Look for the customer service phone number for Volaris Airlines on their official website.
- Select the calling number according to your state.
- Then dial the customer service number and follow the prompts to connect to a representative.
- Once you get connected, you are required to provide your booking details, reservation number, and the reason for requesting a refund.
- Listen to the representative’s instructions on the refund process.
- Confirm all the information provided to ensure accuracy.
- Then the representative will tell you whether you are eligible for a refund or not.
- If you are eligible, then the representative will proceed ahead.
- In case, the representative assigns a reference number to your refund request, make sure to note it down.
- Inquire about the expected timeline for processing the refund.
- Thank the representative for their assistance and confirm any follow-up steps, if necessary.
Visit the Airport Counter to Get the Refund
If you are unable to follow any of the above-mentioned methods and steps, then you can get your refund by using this last method, visiting the airport.
The steps to do so are given below;
- Arrive at the airport on time and visit the Volaris help desk counter.
- Make sure to have all the required information ready with you before you approach the agent present at the counter.
- Then, let the agent know that you are seeking a refund for your flight. Be polite and provide them with all the required information.
- The agent may ask for your booking confirmation, identification (such as a passport or driver’s license), and any other relevant documents to verify your booking and identity.
- Clearly explain the reason for requesting a refund. This could be due to flight cancellation, schedule changes, or any other eligible reason according to Volaris Airlines refund policy.
- The Volaris agent will guide you through the process. They might have specific forms to fill out or steps to follow based on their refund procedures.
- While claiming a refund always, keep in mind that this is a time taking process, especially if there are other customers in the queue. So it is advisable to be patient and stay persistent with your request for a refund.
- Take note of the agent’s name, the date and time of your visit, and any reference numbers provided during the process. These notes can be useful for future follow-up.
- Ask the agent for an estimated timeframe for the refund to be processed and how you will be notified once it’s completed. Doing so will surely help you track down the progress of your refund.
- If you do not receive the refund within the specified timeframe or if you encounter any issues, reach out to Volaris’ customer service through their official channels. You can use your documentation from the airport visit to assist in the follow-up process.
Does Volaris offer a refund for additional services?
Yes, this airline offers refunds for additional services, such as seat selection, checked bags, and priority boarding. The refund policy for additional services depends on the reason for the refund. For instance, if you cancel your flight for any reason, you will be eligible for a refund of the ticket price, including the cost of any additional services.
How long does Volaris take to refund?
If you made your payment for ticket purchasing via credit or debit card then your refund will be credited to your account within 7 working days. Whereas for other methods of payment, the airline may take a bit extra time. The refund will be given within 20 working days.