Elevate your experience with Sun Country Airlines Refund Policy. No matter under which situation, you have cancelled your flight, just entrust all your flight-related worries to the shoulder of this air carrier and leave the rest. This airline will do its best to provide you with the refund that you deserve.
Information About Sun Country Airlines Refund Policy
If you want to get a refund for your cancelled flight but are traveling with this airline and know nothing about its policy, then the below-given information can be beneficial for you.
- Cancel your flight within 24 hours of reservation booking and get a 100% refund.
- To become eligible for Sun Country refund policy, you must book your reservation at least 168 hours that is 7 days in advance.
- The airline will credit your refund to the original form of payment.
- You can claim a refund for an unused ticket portion.
- If your flight gets cancelled by the airline due to some disrupted situation then you will either get compensation or a refund.
- If you purchased your flight ticket by using a credit card, then you will receive your refund within 7 working days.
- In case you bought your ticket through cash, your refund will be credited within 20 working days.
- If you purchased your ticket through Sun Country reward points then the refunded points will be transferred to your rewards account.
Claim Your Refund Through Various Official Ways
The airline allows you to get a refund for the cancelled flight. However, you can only proceed with it if you have a Sun Country ticket that was purchased either through the official website or through the airline’s customer care center.
If your ticket falls under this condition, then check out the below-mentioned refund claiming modes and their steps;
Fill Out the Sun Country Airlines Refund Form Online
After cancelling your flight, you can claim an online refund by following the below-given steps;
- Visit Sun Country’s Website: Go to the official website of this airline. Navigate to the “Manage Travel” or “My Trips” section.
- Retrieve Your Booking: Enter your booking details, which typically include your reservation number or confirmation code along with your last name. To get this information, it is advisable to check your booking confirmation email.
- View Your Booking Details: Once you have accessed your booking, you should see the details of your cancelled flight.
- Request Refund: Look for an option that allows you to request a refund for the canceled flight. This might be labeled as “Request Refund” or “Submit Refund Request.”
- Fill out the Refund Form: You will likely need to fill out a refund request form. In that refund form, you may have to enter some essential details like your contact information, the reason for claiming a refund, and some additional documentation related to the cancellation.
- Submit Form: After completing the form, review the information to ensure accuracy. Then, submit the form online.
- Confirmation and Processing: After submitting the refund request, you should receive a confirmation email acknowledging your request. The processing time for refunds can vary, but you might receive the refund to your original payment method within a few weeks.
Sun Country Airlines Refund Request Offline
To claim a refund for a cancelled flight via the airline’s customer care department, the first thing that you will have to do is find the connecting number. Once you successfully do that, follow the below-written pointers step by step to complete the process;
- Take your phone and gather all the required and relevant flight documents. Then dial the found number. Wait patiently for a representative to answer your call.
- Once connected, explain that you are calling to claim a refund for your cancelled flight. Provide your booking reference number, flight details, and any other relevant information they might ask for.
- Be ready to provide the reason for the flight cancellation, whether it was due to the airline’s decision, bad weather, or any other personal reason. This will help the customer care representative/agent understand your situation better.
- Politely request a refund for the cancelled flight. Explain that you are qualified to get a refund according to the airline’s policies and regulations.
- After listening to your side, the assigned agent will guide you through the process. During the procedure, the agent might ask for additional details or documentation, such as your booking confirmation email, government-authorized ID, and other relevant travel documents.
- Depending on the call volume and complexity of your case, the process may take some extra time than usual. Stay patient, polite, and cooperative throughout the conversation.
- Before ending the call, make sure to confirm the steps you need to take next. This might include sending in any required documents or forms via email or through the airline’s website or paying refund charges.
Contact the Third Party Agency
In case you are not allowed to claim a refund through the official site because you booked your initial booking through a third-party agency/website then no worries. You can still get your refund, just contact your booking agent.
The steps to make your procedure easier are;
- Call the agent.
- Provide the assigned agent with your flight information. And then, present your wish to claim a refund.
- After that, the agent will inspect your ticket to check your eligibility.
- If you are eligible, the airline will proceed to provide you with a refund.
- However, to complete the procedure the agent may charge you a refund fee.
- Once you pay for the charges, the agent proceeds with the process and you will get your refund within a few days.
- If you don’t then you may call them again for follow-up.