Scandinavian Airlines’ refund policy is your safety net in the ever-changing world of travel. The carrier has designed this policy with you in mind, ensuring a hassle-free and transparent refund process. Your trust is valued and the airline’s commitment to providing clear guidelines and support makes your experience straightforward. When you choose this airline, you are not just booking a ticket, you are securing the promise of flexibility and reliability.
Guide To Scandinavian Airlines Refund Policy
Your inability to travel and canceling your scheduled flight might entitle you to get a refund for it. In this article, we are going to discuss all the prospects related to refunds with this airline.
Process Of Applying For A Refund
You can carry out the refund process in both, online as well offline methods. The type of fare you purchased and the time of applying for a refund will determine the amount you will get back.
Online Refund Procedure
You can stick to the points given below if you want to get your flight’s refund from the online portal.
- To land on the official website of the airline, type www.flysas.com on your favorite browser.
- Click on the “My Bookings” section on the header of the page and enter your booking reference and last name. You may also log in to your EuroBonus account.
- On the page of your flight itinerary, click on the “Cancel and Refund” option.
- Now, you have to select the flights and passengers for which you want the refund.
- Click on the “Continue” button and the system will begin your cancellation process first.
- Then, your Scandinavian Airlines refund request will be processed by the airline.
- Soon, the carrier will send you an email that will include the refund notice, helping you know about the amount that will be refunded.
Note: You will get the refund amount processed to your original form of payment. It can take up to seven business days for the refund to appear in your statement from the time you received the notice.
Offline Process For Refund
The refund process can be completed without any hassle via the offline method too. If for some reason, you are not able to apply for the refund online, then you can follow this method.
The contact numbers you can use to connect with one of the representatives are +1 800 221 2350 and +1 201 896 3600.
Your call will be answered once you follow the IVR prompts and the agent will happily assist you in the refund process.
You first need to give your flight details to the representative. They will verify your given information and let you know about the refund rules related to your ticket on the call.
You must agree to the rules so that the agent can cancel your flight and apply for a refund on your behalf. You will be informed about the flight cancellation and refund amount in detail through an email.
The airline has an amazing flexible booking policy in which you will get the whole ticket amount refunded. But, in this, you have to cancel your flight within 24 hours of its purchase.
If you made a reservation for a flight that leaves in less than 24 hours. Then also you can cancel your ticket 12 hours before the departure to get your money back.
Until this time period, the carrier does not charge the amount but only reserves it. The amount is released immediately as soon as you cancel your flight. In case the amount is deducted, it will be credited back to the card that you used to pay and reflected in it within 3-5 business days.
A full refund is also possible when you buy the following flight tickets for your journey:
- SAS Go Pro
- SAS Plus Pro
- SAS Business Pro
These ticket fares will give you a full refund except for the flights to and from China.
Any type of ticket can be fully refunded within this policy. Some other points regarding the validity of your flight ticket are:
- You can get a refund for the tickets you bought on the airline’s website, mobile app, or through customer service.
- The guaranteed refund is only possible if you cancel your entire trip and the flight is booked 24 hours before the departure.
- Flight change within 24 hours after buying it has some different rules. They depend on the type of ticket that you purchased.
- Changing your flight first and then canceling it within this time period will provide you with a refund of the price of the ticket and not the price of the change.
Terms And Conditions Related To Refund
You should be aware of the important terms and conditions that affect the refund process on this air carrier.
- The amount you will be refunded totally depends on the ticket type you bought. You might have to pay a service fee to process the refund.
- You cannot get a refund if you bought any travel extras like seat selection, meals, lounge access, etc.
- It is advised that you directly request a refund for a flight booked through a travel agent. You can also fill out the Scandinavian Airlines refund form by clicking on this link Agent Refund Form.
- The fare of the ticket and surcharges are not refunded on SAS Go Light and SAS Go Smart tickets. You will get a refund of only taxes by buying these tickets.
- In case you want a refund for a one-way flight on a round-trip reservation, then you will receive it after completing your trip. The ticket rules for the unused part of the reservation will affect your refund.
How will I get a refund if my flight is canceled by Scandinavian Airlines?
In the event of a flight cancellation by the carrier itself, you get the option of either getting a refund in the form of money or a travel voucher. You can even choose to rebook yourself on another flight. If you select the refund as a travel voucher, then you can use it for travel to all destinations operated by the airline. The voucher is valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
Is a family member’s death eligible for a Scandinavian Airlines refund?
The airline will surely provide you with a refund in case of an immediate family member’s death. It includes spouse, parent, sibling, child, grandparent, etc. You can cancel your trip hassle-free and refund your tickets with the carrier. To complete this process, you can click on this Refund Form link and upload the death certificate. Your reservation should have been made before the occurrence of death in order to receive a refund. If your flight is within the next 7 days, then you need to call the customer service for a refund.