Restore your travel confidence with the extraordinary Qantas Airways refund policy. Have faith in Australia’s most reliable airline to prioritize your needs, ensuring every journey is met with ease. Their commitment to outstanding service extends beyond the skies, providing you with support in every move.
How To Apply For A Refund Of Qantas Ticket?
Follow the below-given steps to apply for a refund on the website of the air carrier.
- Visit the official website of Qantas by typing www.qantas.com on your favorite search engine.
- Enter your booking reference and last name, then select “Continue” to retrieve your booking details.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the “Refund” option.
- A form will be displayed on your screen where you can complete the remainder of the information.
- Click on the “Submit” button post filling out the form.
- Lastly, you will receive a confirmation email and all the refund details to your registered email address.
Note: Keep in mind that you need to submit a separate Qantas Airways refund request per person.
Types Of Refunds With Qantas
This air carrier provides two ways to get a refund. One is Automated and the other is a Manual refund. Let us discuss these types in detail.
These can be submitted automatically through your technology partner. But provided that your ticket is:
- Issued by an IATA ticketing location within the same branch, in the same currency and country of original ticket issue,
- Submitted for refund within 13 months from the date of issue,
- Unused or partially used,
- Coupons to be refunded are “open” status, and
- Any future flight segments are canceled.
Automated Refund Errors
If an error occurs when processing an automated refund, then you can request:
Reversal: refund can be voided provided this is completed on the same day as the refund is processed.
Adjustment: the carrier can investigate adjustments once you report the refund, generally two weeks after the transaction. Please note that service will apply to all corrections made by Qantas.
Note: If the requested refund amount is less or more than the actual one. Then, you can email BSPRefunds@qantas.com.au. Write “Automated Refund Error” in the subject line with full details of the error including calculation or re-calculation of the refund.
You can select this method of refund if you are not able to process your request as an automated refund. These include:
- Tickets are to be refunded against a Qantas Agency Connect or commercial policy authority.
- Adjustment refund, agency credit memo, child issued as an adult ticket in error.
- Death or grave illness, involuntary downgrade, duplicate tickets, EMD refund, Mismatch tickets.
- Residual unused tickets, residual value refunds, schedule changes, tickets, or coupons uplifted in error.
- Refusal of visa, unused QF channel fee, multiple forms of payment.
Note: This type of refund can be requested when all travel is completed and any future flight segments have been canceled.
In order to submit a manual refund form, you must:
- Submit it online through the BSP link. You can check the BSP links homepages for further instructions.
- Present the refund against the ticket number of the last one issued in the sequence, the ticket that has open coupons.
- Indicate the ticket number and coupons applicable for refunds for reissued tickets.
- Provide the reason for the refund in the comments field, copies of supporting documentation, and contact details.
Policy Of Refund On Qantas Airways
There are a few key terms and conditions that you should be aware of under the Qantas Airways refund policy.
- You will get the refund amount to the original form of payment for which the ticket was issued.
- The refund request takes approx 15 business days to process. It might take longer during periods of major disruption and global events.
- If no portion of the ticket has been used, the refund will be the full amount of the fare paid. Any applicable penalty or service fees will be deducted only.
- All manual refund amounts are calculated by Qantas and you can view them online. The result will provide you with a complete breakdown of the refund including fare, ticket taxes, and any cancellation or service fees.
How much does Qantas charge for a manual refund?
Generally, Qantas Airways charges around $30 as a fee for manual refunds. But, do keep in mind that it is for the only ones that could have been processed as automated refunds. The same amount will be charged in the countries that use USD.
Will I get a refund if Qantas cancels my international flight?
If your existing booking for an international flight is canceled by Qantas Airways. Then, the air carrier will contact you and provide you with a number of options, including a refund for any flights. Don’t take any action and wait to hear from them about the options available to you.