Discover the tranquility of Hawaiian Airlines’ refund policy. It is designed with your convenience in mind, whenever your travel plans take an unexpected turn. Easily modify or cancel your ticket and get your eligible funds back. Whether it is a domestic or international flight, learn everything about this policy in the article below.
Refund Procedure Of Hawaiian Airlines
Follow the steps mentioned below if you wish to get a refund from the air carrier.
- To land on its official website, type www.hawaiianairlines.com on your preferred search engine.
- Then, on the homepage, select the “Manage Fligths” tab displayed at the header.
- A drop-down menu will appear from where you have to select the “My Trips” option.
- A new page will open to add your confirmation code or ticket number along with your last name.
- Once you click on the “Search” button, your flight reservation will be retrieved.
- An option of “cancel flight” will be under your flight details. Click on it, and you will be able to see the amount that will be refunded.
- Fill out the Hawaiian Airlines refund form, and pay any service charges. Your process will begin shortly once you submit the form.
- The airline will send you a confirmation email of your canceled flight and the refund amount you will get.
Hawaiian Airlines Guidelines For Refund
The air carrier has many terms and conditions before it offers you a refund for your flight ticket. Here is a detailed description of refunds.
These refunds are offered by the air carrier if:
- There are flight delays, cancellations, changes, or aircraft changes.
- The reason for you not traveling is not your fault.
- Your child or infant is not accepted or there is a refusal of transport.
- You give the unused portion of the ticket to the airline.
Unused Ticket Involuntary Refund
You will get a refund of an amount equal to the fare of your original ticket if you haven’t used any portion of your ticket.
Partially Used Ticket Involuntary Refund
You are entitled to get a refund if you have used some portion of your ticket for an equal amount of the difference in fare and the applicable charges. Or the fare and charges applicable to your original flight ticket.
The airline will not provide you with a refund if your origin and destination airports include SFO, OAK, and SJC. And it might also be for any interline flight obligations.
The refund mainly depends on the type of fare you purchase from the airline for your journey. As per the eligibility of your ticket, it will accept your Hawaiian Airlines refund request according to the following terms.
Hawaiian Issued Tickets Only
Your ticket must have been issued on Hawaiian Ticket Stock. It means your ticket number should include Hawaiian’s carrier code (173).
The amount which will be given back to you will totally depend on the usage of your ticket. It will include your fare and the charges applicable.
If you surrender your ticket to the airline after 12 months of the original issue date of the ticket. Then, no money will be refunded.
Unless you choose to accept a refund as travel credit for future flights. Or your fare states otherwise in its terms. You will be charged service on any refunded ticket.
- $25 for travel only within the state of Hawaii.
- $100 if you are traveling wholly within the Continental USA. The same amount will be charged for your travel between the state of Hawaii and the US.
Note: In case your ticket includes any military or government fares. Then you will be charged with no service fees.
Time To Issue Refunds
Once you meet the above requirements, the air carrier will issue refunds for the eligible ticket within seven days if you purchased it with a credit card. And for tickets bought with cash, check, or other payment modes, it will take around 20 business days to issue the refund.
Person To Whom Refund Is Made
The airline will send the refund only to the particular who purchased the original ticket for the flight.
- Under the Universal Air Travel Plan, the amount will be sent to the subscriber against whose account the ticket was charged.
- In case the transport request is made by a government agency (other than the US), the refund will be made to them. And the request made by the U.S. Government Agency will receive a refund with a check payable to the “Treasurer of the United States.”
- Your ticket amount will be refunded to the same credit card with which you paid in the first place.
- In scenarios where cash is accepted for payment by the airline. You will get a refund either by check or through ACH bank transfer.
- If you bought a flight ticket from a travel agency. Then, once the refund is authorized, the travel agency will process the applicable refund to you.
A change in your paid seat or your class upgrade is downgraded. The airline will refund the amount that will suit as per the changes made by them. You will get back the upgrade fee or the difference between the fare you paid and the applicable fare of that particular class.
How can I request refundable fares refund on Hawaiian Airlines?
Refundable fares of this air carrier are fully refundable at any time. But they are non-transferable. And the Hawaiian Airlines refund request must be made through their reservation center. The number to connect with Hawaiian Airlines reservations is +1 (800) 367-5320. The representatives are available 24 hours throughout the week.
Can I get a Hawaiian Airlines refund if I have a medical emergency?
You can surely get a refund for your flight from Hawaiian Airlines. But, first, you need to cancel your flight, fill out Medical Waiver Request Form on its official website and submit it to HawaiianAirlines.com/CAO. Once it is approved, a change fee will be refunded to you in around 30 days.