If the refund-claiming procedure distresses you or gives you a headache then you are at the right place. This article will help you to proceed with the Flair Airlines refund request procedure. All the details and steps to claim your refund are written in the article below.
Terms and Conditions About Flair Airlines Refund Policy
The refund policy of Flair is very flexible. The airline values the importance of your mental peace and money. Let’s discuss the refund policy of this airline in detail.
- If you have a non-refundable ticket then you will not get any refund from the airline.
- In case you bought a refundable ticket, then the amount of your ticket will be refunded. However, the refund processing charge will be applied.
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of booking then the airline will provide you with a refund. Whether it be a non-refundable ticket or a refundable ticket, you will surely get your refund.
- The airline will not refund any charges paid during the flight cancellation, refund, or other processes.
- In case you cancel your flight due to some uncontrollable and unfortunate situations, the airline will provide you with a refund. However, you have to prove your statement/claim.
Procedures to Claim Refund
After failing to board the flight due to flight cancellation, you can claim a refund by following any of the two modes; Online and Offline. The steps to proceed are;
Steps to Claim Online Refund
After knowing the fact that you are eligible for a Flair refund, you can follow the steps given below;
- Visit the Flair Airlines website and search the account login option to log in to your account.
- To proceed with the login, you will have to enter your name and passcode.
- Then the site will take you straight to the main page, where you will see the “My Bookings” option. Simply just tap on it.
- Then on your screen, all the flights will flash. You are required to select the flight that you want to cancel.
- Once you select the flight, you will have to click on the “Cancel Flight” option.
- After that, you might have to enter your reason for cancellation.
- Once you do that, you will be shown the cancelled flight details. Here you will have to choose, whether you want a refund or credit voucher.
- Once you tap on the refund option, you will receive a confirmation email with details about your refund.
Offline Flair Airlines Refund Request
The airline offers two offline ways to claim your refund.
The first offline method is calling the airline’s customer service. Search the number through which you can get connected with the airline’s representative. Once you get the number, dial it on your phone and listen to the IVR menu carefully, as it will take you to the representative.
Soon after you proceed according to the prompted IVR menu, an agent/ representative will get connected to you. Tell him/her the reason for your approach. Ask them to help you with the refund claiming process.
Provide the agent with your flight details. Then the agent will review the policy applied to your ticket and will proceed accordingly.
Note: During the phone call, it is advisable to take note of everything told by the agent for future perspective. This will help in follow-up.
Via Visiting the Airport
The second method that you can use is visiting a Flair Airlines ticket office at the nearby airport or the airport from where you are going to board your flight. Once you reach the airport counter, show the assigned agent your proof of purchase, such as your flight confirmation email or a printed ticket. Then explain why you are requesting a refund. Fill out the Flair Airlines refund form. Pay a processing fee (if any). Then the agent will provide you with the refund details.
Flair Airlines Compensation
The airline will provide you with compensation for various reasons. The details regarding the compensation are written below;
In case your flight gets delayed by the airline due to other reasons but safety, and the airline representative informed you 14 days or less before the original time of flight departure then you will get the minimum compensation mentioned below;
- If your arrival flight is late to reach the destination for 3 hours but less than 6 hours then you will get compensation of $125 CAD.
- In case your flight gets delayed by 6 or more hours and less than 9 hours then you will be allotted compensation of approx $250 CAD.
- If the arrival flight gets delayed by 9 hours or more, then the airline will compensate you with $500 CAD.
If your flight gets cancelled by the airline and they inform you about it at least 14 days or less before the scheduled flight day, then you will get the minimum compensation of $125 CAD from the airline.
Denied Boarding Compensation
If the airline denies your boarding for some reason which is not related to safety, then you will receive the minimum compensation. Check out the delays below;
- If the airline denies your boarding less than 6 hours before your flight then you will get $900 CAD as compensation.
- Approx $1800 CAD will be given to you as compensation by the airline if your boarding gets denied more than 6 hours before your scheduled flight departure.
- In case you cannot hop on your designated arrival flight more than 9 hours before the flight departure time because of the airline, you will get $2400 CAD.
Note: When it is operationally possible, the airline will provide you with compensation as quickly as possible, but no later than 48 hours following the time of the denied boarding request.
Eligibility for Flair Compensation
Passengers of Flair Airlines may be eligible for compensation if their flight is delayed or cancelled for reasons within the airline’s control.
The compensation amount solely depends on the length of the delay and whether the passenger was informed by the airline about the delay less than 14 days before departure time or not.
The following are the eligibility criteria for Flair’s compensation:
- The flight must be operated by Flair Airlines.
- The flight must be departing from, arriving in, or transiting through Canada.
- The delay or cancellation must be within Flair’s control and not due to safety reasons or extraordinary circumstances such as bad weather, strikes, or political unrest.
What are the steps to claim Flair’s compensation?
To claim compensation, go to Flair’s official website and click on the “Flight Disruption Claims” link. Then, click on the “Submit a Claim” button. After that your screen will show a claim form, you are required to fill out that form and attach any essential supporting documentation, for instance, your flight itinerary and boarding pass. Once you submit the claim form, just wait for the airline to process your claim.
How to contact Flair Airlines to get information about the refund?
If you are eligible for a Flair refund and want to get connected with the airline to get information about the refund, then you will have to go to Flair’s customer service page. There you will get the chatbot option. This option helps you to chat with the airline’s customer representative. This is a very reliable option, as you can continue this session as long as you want and you will get instant responses.