Experience hassle-free travel planning with the comprehensive Etihad Airways refund policy. Embrace life’s unpredictability with flexible refund options for qualifying bookings. Your journey is important and this air carrier understands that plans can change. So, without any stress make the most of your journey with the airline.
Key Points Related To Etihad Airways Refund Policy
There are a few terms that you should be aware of if you wish to receive a refund for your flight.
- Your refund will be based on the ticket fare that you purchased originally.
- If you have bought multiple fares, then the most restrictive fare rule will apply for the refund.
- The airline processes the refunds automatically to the same card you used for the initial flight reservation.
- You are prohibited from getting a refund of ancillaries or global service fees.
- The refund will appear on your card or bank statement in between 14 to 30 working days.
- You might be able to make an Etihad Airways refund request up to 2 hours prior to the flight’s departure.
Procedure Of Refund On Etihad
The carrier allows you to get a refund online as well as offline methods. We are going to discuss both of them in detail below.
Refund via Online Platform
You can follow the steps mentioned below if you want to receive a refund by going through the process on its online portal.
- Visit the official website of the airline i.e. www.etihad.com on your preferred search engine.
- Now, you need to cancel your flight first in order to get a refund. And for that, you have to select the “Manage” tab from the homepage.
- Enter your booking reference or ticket number along with your last name and click on the “Find My Booking” button.
- Once the information on your flight is retrieved, search for the “Flight Cancellation” option.
- Click on “cancel flight” and any fees related to it will appear on your screen.
- Pay the charges and confirm your cancellation for the specific flight.
- If you have a refundable fare, then the page will show you the exact amount you are going to receive back after the deductions.
- Click on the “Confirm” button and the carrier will process your Etihad Airways refund request.
Offline Process For Refund
You can easily get in touch with one of the agents of the carrier and ask them to process your refund. But do note, that a service fee of $30 will be charged for a refund.
Dial the number +1 877 690 0767 on your mobile device and press the key that will connect you to the representative. Give your flight information to the agent present on the call and they will verify your details.
If you are eligible for a refund, they will cancel the flight from your side and tell you the amount that will be given back. You can then confirm the value and they will begin the processing of the refund.
How can I get a full refund on Etihad Airways?
A full refund of your flight ticket is only possible if you are traveling in the US. Your flight should have at least 7 days to depart and must be canceled within 24 hours of its purchase. You can request a refund by calling the contact center or visiting an office of the airline near you.
How can I follow up on my refund request on Etihad Airways?
In case you want to follow up on the request you made for the refund. Then, you can send an email to GBSSRefunds@etihad.ae. Include all the necessary information in your email and once the carrier receives it, they will get back to you with your refund details shortly.