Hassle-free refunds are made simple with Copa Airlines’ refund policy. This air carrier believes in making travel experiences seamless, even when plans change. Whether it is a cancellation or modification, it has got you covered. Fly without any worries knowing you can easily claim refunds for qualifying situations.
Copa Airlines Refund Policy Details
You will get a refund for your flight ticket according to the following conditions under the Copa Airlines refund policy.
- Your refund is subject to the rules of the rate. And it is only applicable in the country where you bought the ticket.
- The refund will be sent to the original payment method and the same currency which you used to buy the initial flight ticket.
- It is possible that some taxes, airport fees, and charges cannot be refunded depending on the country.
- You might be charged extra for the processing of your refund.
- You can only make a refund until the time your flight ticket is valid i.e. up to one year from the date of issue.
- You can get a refund for a partially used ticket according to the fare rules.
- In case your flight is canceled or delayed for more than 4 hours by the airline itself. Then, you are eligible for a refund. But, some countries qualify for exceptions.
- In the event of the death of a passenger, the refund will be granted as per the policy for such cases. It is important that you present a death certificate of the concerned person for the Copa Airlines refund request.
- If you bought an optional product and service like seats or luggage. Then, do note that they are non-refundable. And they are also subject to the terms and conditions of the purchase.
- Your car rental or travel insurance purchased from a third party should be asked for a refund directly from them.
Process Of Refund With Copa Airlines
The ticket you purchased directly with the airline via the website, app, airport, call center, or sales office can provide you with a refund easily. Let us discuss some of these procedures thoroughly.
Below are the steps you should follow to get a refund for your flight ticket.
- Visit the official website of the airline by typing www.copaair.com on your favorite search engine.
- Now, on the homepage, select the “My Trips” tab appearing at the header.
- A new page will open where you need to enter your reservation code and last name.
- By clicking on the “Find Reservation” button, your flight details will be retrieved.
- Select it and follow the prompts to cancel your flight.
- Once your flight is canceled, fill out the Copa Airlines refund form.
- As per your eligibility, the amount will be refunded to your payment method.
Refund Via Phone Call
In case you wish to get a refund by talking with a live agent of the carrier. Then, you can dial the number +1 786 840 COPA (2672) on your mobile device. Follow the IVR instructions and click on the right number.
The representative will ask for your flight details to confirm your eligibility for a refund. They will cancel the ticket on your behalf and complete the refund form. Your refund will be processed within some time and the amount will be credited back to your card or bank account.
Note: If you purchased a flight ticket from a travel agency. Then, it is recommended that you contact them directly in order to request a refund.
Time Taken For Completion Of Refund
The time to complete your refund request totally depends on the form of your payment method.
Credit Card: After your refund is processed, you will be able to see the amount in one of the next two credit card account statements. But, it will also depend on the billing cycle of your credit card company.
Cash: If you bought your ticket via cash, then you will get the refund immediately.
Check: As you paid through a check for your flight ticket, the amount will be refunded in the same manner. It will be granted usually within 10 business days.
Refund Request Via Bank Transfer
In cases where a bank transfer is necessary to complete the refund of your flight ticket. Then, Copa Airlines requires the following information:
- A copy of your passport or government identity card. If more people are included in your reservation, then their documents are also needed.
- The certification of your bank.
- Copy of a voided check or savings certification.
- A complete bank transfer payment requirements form.
You can get additional information at the official website of the carrier.
How can I check the status of my Copa Airlines refund request?
You can review the status of your refund request on the official website of the airline. You have to add a case number that you can find in the email sent by Copa along with your surname. After that, click on the “Find Request” button and you will be able to check your request regarding the refund.
When will I be denied a refund from Copa Airlines?
The conditions under which Copa Airlines can deny providing you with a refund are:
1. If the validity of your ticket has expired.
2. In case you request a refund outside the country of your residency and do not present documents of your permanent address.