Elevate your travel plans with China Airlines’ refund policy, where flexibility meets tranquillity. Seamlessly request refunds, and sail through uncertainties effortlessly, all while experiencing a customer-first approach. Count on this carrier to stand by you as more than just an airline, but a reliable travel companion.
How To Get A Refund On China Airlines?
The carrier allows you to get a refund for the flight ticket with the method you made the initial reservation. Have a look at the processes below related to refunds.
The ticket you bought via the carrier’s website, call center, ticketing office, and airport ticket counter offers you a seamless refund process. Follow these steps if you wish to get a refund for the flight.
- Type www.china-airlines.com on your browser and land on the official website of the carrier.
- Move your cursor on the “Manage” tab on the homepage and a drop-down menu will appear.
- From there, select the “Refund Tickets” option displayed under the “Manage Booking” section.
- The system will direct you to a new page where you must enter your booking information.
- Fill in your name and ticket number in the given spaces and also enter the verification code appearing on the screen.
- Recheck the information you added and click on the “Next” button.
- Your flight details will appear on the screen. Find the “Cancel Flight” option and follow the instructions to complete the cancellation.
- In the next step, make the China Airlines refund request by clicking on the “Apply Refund” button.
- The carrier will soon send you an email regarding the flight cancellation and refund details to your email address.
Refund Via Call
You can connect with the service center of the carrier to get a refund for the partially used flight ticket. Because this type of ticket is not valid for online refund.
The customer service call center number with which you can reach out to the carrier’s agent is 1-800-227-5118. Dial it and follow the IVR prompts carefully. You will be connected with the personnel in a short while to whom you can give your flight information.
Tell them to cancel your flight and request for a refund. They will complete your cancellation process and send you the details about the refund to your given contact.
You can check out the contact number of the branch office near you on the official website of the airline. Select the “Contact Us” tab and all the numbers will be displayed on the page. Choose the number accordingly and carry out your refund process on call.
Rules Related To Refund On China Airlines
Go through some of the terms and conditions under the China Airlines refund policy. This will help you understand the process of refunding with the carrier.
- You can apply for a refund with this carrier on the next day and within 2 years of the purchase date.
- A ticket bought with a credit card will be refunded to the same account number within 7 days after you apply for it.
- If you purchased the ticket with cash or other payment tools, then the carrier will contact you to offer a bank account for a refund.
- You are advised to contact the travel agency directly for the flight ticket purchased through them.
- You will get a full refund without any service charges if you request within 48 hours of its purchase for flights to and from the USA. But, your reservation should be for a flight that has 7 or more days to depart.
- A refund for the unused sector of a partially flown flight will be recalculated according to the used sector.
Award Tickets Refund
Award tickets are usually given to the frequent flyer members of the carrier. You can request the award ticket refund by logging in to your account. Some points to note for the refund of such flight tickets are given below.
- If you request a refund for the flight that you did not board or cancel will be charged a No-show fee. The fee can range between $50 to $100 according to the route of your flight.
- You can apply for the refund online or via the branch office. Airport ticketing counters are not available for award ticket refunds.
- A handling fee of TWD1,500 or an equivalent amount in local currency will be charged to get a refund of a fully unused award ticket.
- You will get a refund of only unused taxes for an award ticket that you used partially. No handling fee will be charged in such cases.
Can I get a refund of the seat selection fee on China Airlines?
Once you make a paid seat selection, it becomes non-refundable. But, there might be a possibility of a selected seat refund for involuntary reasons. These reasons include:
1. Cancellation or delay in flight by the carrier and any type of change in aircraft.
2. You do not meet emergency exit seat requirements and your seat needs to be changed.
3. There is a missed connection to flights because of a delay in the previous flight operated by this carrier.
You can get a refund for a duplicate payment of the itinerary or a seat change. However, if the new seat is free of cost, then no refund is possible.
Will my travel insurance be refunded on China Airlines?
When you booked your flight ticket on the carrier’s website and also purchased the Chubb travel insurance product. It is advised that you contact the insurance company directly and request a refund. You can search for the contact number of Chubb Insurance on the website of this air carrier.