Experience the ultimate travel assurance with the Cathay Pacific refund policy. With this air carrier, your investment is safeguarded, giving you peace of mind. The devoted team stands ready to assist in every step of the refund procedure. So, don’t let anything hold you back from exploring the world, even if your plans change unexpectedly.
Details of Cathay Pacific’s Refund Policy
Below is the guide to getting a refund with this air carrier:
Steps For Cathay Pacific Refunds
The easiest way to get your refund for the flight ticket from this airline is through the website, mobile app, or customer care.
Refund Through The Website
Follow the below-mentioned steps to receive your refund for the eligible flight ticket.
- Type www.cathaypacific.com on your preferred browser to land on the official website of the air carrier.
- Scroll down a bit on the homepage and click on the “Manage Booking” tab.
- On the new page, enter your last name and reference code to retrieve your booking.
- The reservation details will appear on your screen where you can select to cancel your flight.
- Give reason for the the cancellation and click on “Confirm.”
- Then, pay the required fee to complete your cancellation.
- Now, you can see the amount that will be refunded to you.
- A Cathay Pacific refund form will be displayed which you need to fill out.
- Once you have completed it, your refund processing will begin.
Refund By Call
You can request to get a refund for your flight ticker by calling the customer care department of this air carrier. Dial the number +1 (833) 933-2244 on your mobile device.
Give your flight reservation details correctly to the official. They will first cancel your ticket and then tell you about the amount you will receive. After the confirmation, your refund procedure will be started shortly.
Note: If you bought a ticket from some travel agency. Then, please contact them directly to process your refund. Because these bookings are unable to be processed for a refund by the airline.
Cathay Pacific Refunds Rules
There are some points you need to consider under the Cathay Pacific refund policy.
- The eligibility for your refund depends on the rules related to your initially purchased fare.
- If your partially used ticket qualifies. Then, the amount will be refunded to the credit card or the bank account charged to the original ticket.
- You can check the status of your refund for the past 90 days by logging into “Manage Booking.”
- You can request a refund for an e-ticket through the reservation office in the US.
- If you make a refund request for a printed ticket. Then, you have to surrender all unused customer coupons.
24 Hours Refund
This airline has a pretty straightforward 24-hour process in which you might or not be eligible to get a full refund for your flight ticket. Below is a detailed description of this procedure.
Your directly purchased ticket with the airline will give you a refund in case:
- You added your Cathay membership number within 24 hours of your flight booking.
- You made a reservation more than eight days before the departure of your flight.
- You paid for your booking either with cash or with miles and cash combined.
- You requested a refund via “Manage Booking” within 24 hours of booking your flight.
- You can also get a refund of taxes and fuel surcharges during this time period.
- Purchase of additional services like seats, baggage, or lounge pass will also be qualified for a refund by filling out the online form.
Cathay Pacific will be unable to give you a refund for the flight booking if:
- Your flight departs within eight days of your reservation and there are less than 192 hours before departure.
- You have previously used, held, reissued, or rebooked the flight ticket.
- You have used the “Hold Your Fare” service.
- You separated one or more passengers from the original booking and now hold a split booking.
- You make a Cathay Pacific refund request through customer care, mobile app, or live chat.
- You request a refund after the 24 hours of free cancellation timeframe.
- Your booking includes Asia Miles awards, hotel reservations, land and sea transportation, travel insurance, packages, etc.
- You have a group, meeting, incentive, conference, or exhibition booking.
How long will it take to process a Cathay Pacific flight refund?
It will take around 7 working days for the air carrier to process your refund request. It might take longer if your booking includes interline flights or services. Or if the carrier needs more information like the credit card you used for purchase has expired and your bank details are needed instead.
Can I get a refund for a Cathay Pacific flight paid with miles?
Yes, you can surely get a refund for your fight if you paid with Asia Miles. But, there is a service fee of $120 or 17,000 Asia Miles for canceling your flight ticker. And it should be done prior to the ticket expiry date. The remaining miles will be refunded to your membership account.