After cancelling your plan, you can easily claim your flight refund with Avianca Airlines refund policy. With this airline, you can explore various easy and convenient refund-claiming methods. So, without thinking twice let’s dive into this article together and explore every detail carefully.
Overview of Avianca Airlines Refund Policy
The airline understands that due to many uncertain and misfortunate reasons, you may request a refund. And that’s why it tries its best to provide you with the correct solution.
Some of the situations, terms, and conditions are given below;
- If you own a refundable ticket, then you can get your ticket refund from the airline.
- In case, you bought a non-refundable ticket, the airline may not provide you with any refund.
- If you claim a refund within 24 hours of booking, you will get a full refund.
- After your refund confirmation, you cannot cancel the transaction.
- In the case of a lack in the banking process, your claimed refund may take 30 days to reflect in your account.
- If you want to request a refund for your LifeMiles ticket, you will have to connect with the airline’s customer care service or visit their sales offices.
- In case, you bought your Avianca ticket from a third-party travel agency, then you are required to contact them to claim a refund.
- You can claim a refund for your taxes.
- In case, you want to claim a refund for a minor, then the airline will give the refund to the parent or guardian. But for that, you will have to provide the document that proves that the minor is legally represented to get a cash refund.
- In case of an itinerary change by the airline, you can choose a re-accommodation offer or a refund offer.
- You cannot claim a refund for ticket issuance fees.
- You can get your refund in cash.
- You cannot claim a refund for XS, S, and M fares. Only L and XXL fares are eligible for a refund.
- In case you received a refund on an Avianca UATP Card, then you can request the airline to provide that refund to your original payment method. However, this facility is not applicable for refund requests in Colombia made before July 1, 2023.
Reasons to Ask for a Refund
A list of reasons under which you can ask for a refund from the airline is given below;
- If the passenger has some personal reasons not to board the flight
- Cancellation of the journey
- Due to some changes to the itineraries
- Due to fewer people
- Delay in flight departure from the airline’s side
- In case the airline charged double collection of departure taxes and airport charges
- Duplicate banknotes
- If the passenger will not be able to board due to Illness (medical certificate to be attached)
- In case the passenger, loss the connection caused by the airline
- You decided not to use an additional service
Claim Your Avianca Flight Refund
The procedures to claim a refund for your Avianca flight are;
The steps to complete the online refund claiming procedure are mentioned below;
- Visit Avianca’s Official Website: Go to Avianca’s official website using your preferred web browser. Just make sure you have an excellent internet connection.
- Navigate to “Manage Your Booking”: Look for the “Manage Your Booking” or similar labeled option on the homepage and click on it.
- Enter Booking Details: Enter your booking reference or reservation code, along with your last name as it appears on the reservation. Cross-check the details.
- Access Your Booking: Once you enter the required details, you will be able to access your booking information.
- Find Refund Options: Then, look for the refund or cancellation options within your booking details. This is generally found under the “Change/Cancel” section.
- Initiate Refund Process: Select the option to request a refund. Avianca’s online system will guide you through the steps.
- Avianca Airlines refund form: Fill out the refund request form carefully.
- Provide Reason for Refund: You might need to specify the reason for your refund request. Choose the most appropriate reason from the available options.
- Confirm Refund Request: Review your refund request details to ensure accuracy. Then, confirm your request.
- Submit Contact Information: In some cases, you might be required to provide your contact information for further communication regarding the refund process.
- Check for Confirmation: After submitting your request, the system will provide you with a confirmation message. This might include a reference number for your refund request.
- Wait for Processing: Avianca’s team will process your refund request. The processing time can vary based on the airline’s policies and workload.
- Check for Refund Updates: Keep an eye on your email inbox or the Avianca website for updates regarding your refund request. They might contact you for additional information if needed.
- Receive Refund: Once your refund is approved and processed, you should receive the refund amount through the original payment method used for booking.
- Confirm Refund Amount: Double-check your bank or credit card statement to ensure that the correct refund amount has been credited.
Calling the Airline
Check out any follow the below-given steps and get your refund.
- Get your booking code and last name ready before you start the process.
- Then, search for Avianca’s customer service number on the official website.
- Dial the customer service number.
- Share booking details and request a refund.
- Explain why you need a refund.
- Listen and follow the agent’s guidance.
- Verify your contact information.
- Get a refund request confirmation.
- Inquire about refund processing time.
- If no updates, call again for status.
- Wait for the refund approval from the airline.
- Confirm the approved refund amount.
- After a few working days, your refund will be sent to the original payment mode.
Avianca Airlines Refund Request At the Airport
To get a flight refund, go to the Avianca check-in counter at the nearest airport. Look for an Avianca agent. Show your valid identification and your original ticket to the agent. Then explain to the agent why you are requesting a refund.
After that, he/she will check the refund policies for your ticket and let you know if you are eligible for a refund. If you are eligible for a refund, the agent will process the refund and issue you a refund voucher. It will take a few days to reflect in your bank statement, but you may receive a refund request confirmation mail on your registered e-mail id.
Steps to Claim a Refund for Additional Services
In case, your flight got cancelled, rescheduled, or changed, then you can request a refund for your additional services, for instance, additional baggage, seat selection, extra luggage, priority boarding, Avianca lounges, etc. from the airline.
You can claim the refund by following the four easy steps;
- Go to the official website of Avianca, then search for their refund policy.
- Once you go there, tap on the “request refund” option.
- Then choose the Ticket number or additional service (EMD).
- After that, fill in all the required information. And you are done.
Note: Your additional services get issues on the EMD (Electronic Miscellaneous Document) is the document. Both EMD and your ticket number are different. Typically you receive this in a PDF form during your initial booking purchases.
Some additional points that you must keep in mind before requesting a refund for additional services are;
- According to the Avianca Airlines Refund Policy, from June 1, 2023, you can claim a refund for your additional services only if you have L or XXL fares.
- The airline will provide you with a refund for all fares if you fail to use additional services due to the airline’s fault.
- You cannot transfer your additional service to a third party.
How can I check the progress of the Avianca flight refund request?
To check the progress of your flight refund request, you will have to visit the legally approved portals of the airline (you may find the Refund Inquiry tab on the official website) or connect with the customer service department. For both processes, you will have to provide your booking confirmation code, reference number, and last name of the passenger you are claiming the refund for.
Within how many days will I get my Avianca refund back?
Generally, the airline will give you, your refund within 3 to 4 days of request. But in some cases, it may take some additional time depending on the terms and conditions applied to your fare ticket and the payment mode you used during the initial booking.