Want to claim a refund for your cancelled flight? If yes, then scroll down the page and indulge yourself in this article and get all the details about the Air Transat Refund Policy, which will guide you to complete the process without facing a mess.
What is the Air Transat Refund Policy?
To understand the refund policy of Air Transat, you will have to take a look at the below-given points with full concentration. Doing so will help you to proceed with a refund policy smoothly without any problem.
- You are only entitled to a refund only if you own a refundable Air Transat ticket.
- The airline will give you a partial refund only if you have not used the whole ticket. A refund will be provided for certain taxes and additional fees.
- You will not be able to get a refund for your cancelled ticket if the amount of the ticket is less on the date of the flight cancellation.
- You will receive a refund within 30 days from the date you submitted your request.
- The airline will not provide you with a refund for your prepaid checked baggage and for cancelling the selected seat.
- If the airline moves you or one of your reservation members due to a lack of standard safety criteria, then you will not get a refund.
- If you request an alternative seat, and the airline fails to provide you with your preferred seat, then the airline will give you a refund.
- If you booked a package with Option Flex Extra, then you will get a refund for your flight if you cancelled it 24 hours before the flight departure time.
- You are required to cancel your flight ticket at least 2 hours before the flight departure time to claim a refund.
Various Methods to Get Air Transat Refund
If you have booked your initial flight through some third party agency then you will have to contact them directly to get a refund for your cancelled flight.
However, if you booked your flight through the official website of Air Transat, then you can get your refund by using any of the three below-mentioned modes.
Fill Air Transat Refund Form Online To Claim a Refund
Before you proceed to get a refund for your cancelled flight, you need to make sure that you are eligible to claim it. Once you are sure about it, you can follow the below-given steps;
- Open your web browser and go to the official Air Transat website.
- Look for a section on the website that allows you to manage your booking or reservations. This is often labeled as “Manage My Booking”.
- You will likely need to enter your booking reference number and the last name of the passenger to proceed ahead. These details are usually found in your booking confirmation email.
- Once you enter the required information, you should be able to access your booking details.
- Within the booking management interface, look for an option related to refunds or cancellations. This might be labeled as “Request Refund” or “Cancel Booking.” Click on this option.
- The website will guide you through the refund request process. You will have to fill out the Air Transat Request Refund Form.
- You may need to provide information such as the flights you want to refund and the reason for the refund.
- Provide any additional information or documentation as requested. This could include your contact information, flight details, and reasons for the refund.
- Cross-check the details, and after confirming the information, submit your refund request.
- Then after submitting your refund request, you should receive an on-screen confirmation. Additionally, you might receive a confirmation email with details of your refund request.
- Once the refund is processed, the refunded amount will typically be returned to the original payment method. Check your account or statement to confirm the refund.
Proceed With Air Transat Refund Request Via Calling the Airline
To call the customer care department of the airline, you will have to follow the below-given points;
- Check out your booking confirmation mail or ticket, to find out the number of Air Transat customer care department.
- Once you find the number, dial it.
- After dialing the number, you will have to listen to the IVR menu carefully.
- Follow the instructions prompted over the phone to reach the agent/representative.
- Once connected to a customer service representative, provide them with your booking reference number and flight details.
- After that, explain that your flight was canceled and you would like a refund for the fare.
- Customer service representatives are there to assist you, but sometimes the process can take time. Stay polite and patient throughout the conversation.
- Depending on your location and the circumstances of the cancellation, there might be regulations and policies that entitle you to a refund. Familiarize yourself with these regulations before the call so you can reference them if needed.
- Inquire about the available refund options. The airline may offer a full refund, a voucher for future travel, or the option to rebook on a different flight. If your preference is a refund, state it clearly.
- Ask the representative about the process for obtaining a refund. They might require certain forms to be filled out or specific documentation.
- Take note of the representative’s name, the date and time of the call, and any reference numbers they provide. This can be useful for reference in case of any issues later on.
- If you are told that a refund will be processed, inquire about the expected timeline for receiving the refund. Follow up if the refund doesn’t arrive within the specified time frame.
- Once the refund has been processed, keep an eye on your bank account or credit card statement to ensure the funds have been returned.