Elevate your confidence in travel with the Air New Zealand refund policy. Discover its transparent process that is designed to accommodate various scenarios. From flight alterations to unexpected events, this policy ensures your needs are met with simplicity. Undoubtedly, your travel plans are in capable hands with this air carrier.
Process Of Refund On Air New Zealand
A refund is only possible when you cancel your flight ticket first. So, in order to receive a refund, you can follow the online or offline method. We have mentioned both these processes in detail below.
Refund Through The Website
You can get a refund from the carrier’s website only if you have an electronic ticket for your flight. Follow the steps given underneath in this procedure.
- Type www.airnewzealand.com on your favorite browser and navigate to the official website of the airline.
- Select the “Manage Booking” tab from the home screen and you will be directed to a new page.
- There, you need to enter your booking reference along with your family name.
- After adding these details, click on the “Continue” button.
- Once your flight information is retrieved, locate the “Cancel Flight” option.
- Confirm your flight cancellation and pay any fee related to it.
- In the next step, you must fill out the Air New Zealand refund form.
- Add all the necessary details in the given spaces and click on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive an email from the carrier to your address in a short interval including the cancellation and refund details.
- The leftover amount will be refunded to you once your cancellation for the flight is completely processed.
Refund Via Call
The refund process can also be done by calling the reservation department of the airline. Dial the number 1-800-262-1234 on your mobile device. An agent will connect with you after you press the right key by listening to the IVR instructions.
Provide the agent with your family name and booking reference so that they can access your flight booking. Tell them that you wish to cancel your flight and request a refund.
The agent will first verify your details and then carry out the cancellation process. Your flight will be canceled shortly and you will be told about the amount that you are going to receive as a refund.
Conditions For Air New Zealand Refund
Your Air New Zealand refund request is processed on the basis of your initially bought fare. A few terms in the refund policy that you should be aware of are given below.
Value Fare: This fare is available in the Economy class of the carrier. And it is non-refundable at all times. But you can get a refund if you have bought this fare for an infant.
Flexible Fare: You can purchase this fare for Economy as well as Premium Economy class. These fares are refundable but you will be charged $300 and $400 respectively as a cancellation fee.
Business Fare: In case you purchased a fare in the business class of the airline. Then, you can get a refund after a deduction of $500 as charges for flight cancellation.
Make sure to cancel your flight prior to its departure date so you can receive a refund to your original payment mode.
Does Air New Zealand refund taxes and other charges?
As your ticket includes taxes and airport charges for the travel, you can surely get a refund for them even for a non-refundable fare. But your ticket should be unused at all costs. And if you are holding a flight ticket in credit, then, you cannot receive a refund of taxes and other charges.
Can I get an Air New Zealand refund for a flight canceled within 24 hours?
Yes, you can definitely secure a full refund from the carrier if you cancel your flight ticket within 24 hours of its purchase. But you should also note that a full refund will only be given if your flight has at least 7 days to depart. And this feature is applicable for all kinds of fares available on this airline.