Discover the transparent and traveler-friendly Aer Lingus refund policy. Life is full of surprises, but your travel experience should not be complicated. With flexibility and your needs at the forefront, this policy is designed to provide you peace of mind. So, spread your wings with assurance – this air carrier is here to ensure that your journey soars above the ordinary.
Important Information Regarding Aer Lingus Refunds
Before you dive into the process of the refund with this carrier, you must know a few guidelines that affect the policy.
- The refunds are processed on the basis of your purchased fare and they might be subject to a refund administration fee.
- You cannot reinstate your booking after canceling your flight.
- You can check whether you are eligible for a refund or not by selecting the “Am I eligible for a refund?” option on the form.
- The details you provided while the initial reservation should match exactly on your refund form.
- You will be notified by email of the refund and receive it in your original payment method.
Types Of Refunds On Aer Lingus
The carrier provides you with around three types of refunds once you cancel your flight. Below is a brief description of them.
You might be entitled to receive a full refund of your bought fare and any additional amenities in the form of cash.
Procedure Of Cash Refund
If you are wishing to get a cash refund, follow the steps given below for your convenience.
- Open up your favorite browser and type www.aerlingus.com to land on the official website of the airline.
- Choose the “Manage Trip” tab from the homepage and add your booking reference along with your family name in the given boxes.
- Your flight information will be retrieved on the screen where you can make a flight cancellation.
- If you are eligible for a refund, then an Aer Lingus refund form will be shown.
- Fill in all the information required to process your refund and upload the relevant documents.
- Click on the “submit” button after completing the application accurately.
- The carrier will review your request and confirm the refund via email.
Note: The documents you will upload in the form should be in PDF or JPG format. Word documents are not accepted by the carrier.
In some cases, it is possible that you can request a refund in the form of a voucher. It will include your fare, taxes, charges, and extra product fees. You can redeem this voucher at any time within 5 years.
You must cancel your flight and make an Aer Lingus refund request in this case at least 2 hours before the departure of your flight.
You cannot get a voucher refund if:
- If you have purchased a flight ticket from a travel agent, online agency, or another airline. You should call them directly to know your refund options.
- If you have any kind of AerClub reward booking or purchased a Saver or Plus fare.
- In case your booking consists of a round-trip but you wish to cancel only one leg of the trip.
- In case you have a group booking, contact the groups department of the carrier.
Working Of Voucher Refunds
First, you should make sure that your flight is eligible for this type of refund. And then, at the official website of this airline, you can go to the Refund Voucher Request Form.
- You need to fill out your flight details and contact information in order to submit your request.
- Your request will be analyzed by the airline and it will send you an acknowledgment receipt.
- You will receive your refund voucher in the form of an email which will be followed by a PIN email.
- The refund vouchers that are issued to you will be in the same currency as your original flight reservation.
This carrier provides a refund of government taxes and charges if you miss or cancel your flight. You can claim these refunds within 30 days of your last flight.
Do note that this refund will not include any seat or bag fees that you paid. If your refund is confirmed, then you will receive it in the same card or payment mode that you used to buy the ticket in the first place.
1. Can I get a refund by calling Aer Lingus?
You are permitted to request a refund for your flight by contacting the carrier via call. The number that will connect you with its reservations department is (516) 622-4222. The representative will check your refund eligibility and tell you about the available options for it.
How much will I be charged to get a refund on Aer Lingus?
The carrier charges a refund administration fee of approx 12 Euros or Pounds if you are traveling within Europe or the United Kingdom. But there is no fee for flights around the US and Canada. You will be shown the exact amount of this fee on the official website of the airline when you are carrying out the refund process.