Indulge in a seamless experience with the Lufthansa Airlines refund policy. This air carrier prioritizes your satisfaction ensuring timely refunds for eligible bookings. Count on them to safeguard your travel investment, with flexible policies that cater to your needs. And gives you the confidence to plan ahead.
Process Of Refund With Lufthansa Airlines
You can cancel your ticket and request a refund by following a few simple steps.
- Navigate the official website of the airline at www.lufthansa.com.
- Click on the “My Bookings” tab displayed at the right top corner of the site.
- Fill in your credentials to log in and retrieve your booking.
- Under the “Flight Details” option, click on “cancel” and request a refund for your flight.
- This air carrier will process your refund to the same payment that you used for the booking.
In case you are unable to go through this procedure. Then, you can also fill out a Lufthansa Airlines refund form given on the website. In this way, your request will be processed manually by the service centers.
Terms And Conditions For Refunds
Refunds can be made in accordance with fare conditions. The restrictions are applied with regard to the refundability of your purchased fare. For the non-refundable fares, only taxes and fees can be refunded.
A complete refund is only possible in the following circumstances:
- Your flight was canceled and you were given no replacement.
- The scheduled departure time of your flight was brought forward by more than 1 hour. Or it was delayed by at least 2 hours.
- The actual departure time was changed on the current day or the following day by more than 5 hours. It is in the event of short-term flight disruptions.
- The scheduled arrival time at your destination is delayed by 2 hours or more.
Note: You can check whether your ticket is refundable and under which terms in your booking confirmation email. It will be given in the “Fare Conditions.”
Important Information Regarding Refunds
If you are done with your Lufthansa Airlines refund request, check out these important terms for refunds.
- Your eligible ticket will be refunded within 7 days if you purchased your flight ticket with a credit card.
- In case you bought your ticket with cash or check. Then you will get your money back in around 20 days. But, it might take longer due to heavy backlogs.
- Your partially used tickets will be refunded in proportion to the unused value of your ticket.
- For your canceled flight award ticket, miles will be credited back to your mileage account. Miles cannot be refunded with reduced flight awards.
How can I get a refund for Lufthansa tickets purchased from a travel agency?
If you booked your Lufthansa flight ticket via a travel agency. Then, it is recommended that you contact them directly. But, if you require a quicker response or have any other reason. You can contact the airline for refund processing at +1 (800) 645-3880.
Can I get a refund if there was a Lufthansa flight disruption due to bad weather?
Flight disruption is possible due to adverse weather conditions. You can select the topic “Flight irregularities” in the contact form, complete it, and upload your supporting documents as an attachment. The air carrier agent will check your claim for a refund and will get back to you as soon as possible.