Elevate your air journey with British Airways seat selection. Benefit from the convenience of pre-selecting seats and enjoy a stress-free flight. This air carrier invites you to embrace a new level of travel satisfaction with exceptional seating options. Immerse yourself in a world of relaxation and experience impeccable services on board.
British Airways Seat Selection Overview
Below is all guide for seat selection for British Airways:
Policy Regarding British Seat Selection
This airline recommends you choose your seats as early as possible to get the one you want under the seat selection policy. A few other highlights of this policy are:
- The seat selection depends on availability. You can choose them when the seats are available.
- Except for the basic fares, you can select seats on British Airways at any time.
- With the basic fares, you can choose seats at the time of booking till the check-in opens. But, if the seats are assigned by the airlines, you cannot make changes to them.
- The changing of seats might be chargeable if the fare difference is higher.
Steps of Seat Selection
Below are the steps:
Seat selection is very easy to do. You can follow this procedure at the time of booking your flight or afterward too.
If you have a booking, follow these simple seats:
- Go to the official website of British Airways i.e. www.britishairways.com.
- You will see the tab “Manage” on the left side of the homepage. Click on it to proceed further.
- Enter your booking reference and surname in the given spaces. And then select, find my booking button.
- Under “Your Booking Details”, click on your flight number.
- Now, select the “Seating” icon and hit on the “View or change seats for this flight” option.
- Choose your preferred seats from the British Airways seat map and follow the instructions on the screen.
- In case there are any charges, pay for them and finish your seat.
Through British Airways Customer Service
In order to make a selection of your seat, you can call the customer service department of the airline. Provide all the important travel details like your name, contact, and flight information.
The Air carrier customer service number is (800) 247-9297. You can reach out at this number any day of the week from 7 am to 1 am, Eastern Standard Time.
Express your wish to choose the preferred and the personnel will help you with the same. After providing your preferences, the representative will provide the available seats and prices. Details before proceeding with your Seat selection.
Price For Seat Selection
Whether your seat is free to select or costs extra depends on various factors. It includes the type of ticket you purchase, your class of travel, and your personal circumstances.
There is no British Airways seat selection fee unless you have booked a Basic ticket. You can choose your seat once the check-in opens which is mostly 24 hours before the departure.
With the Basic ticket, you can either,
- Pay to choose your seat from the moment you book until the check-in opens, or
- The Air carrier will allocate you a seat when check-in starts. You can pay to change the assigned seat but be aware that your options might be limited.
Can I select a seat with British Airways at the Airport?
In case you didn’t make a seat selection at the online portal or before your flight’s departure. You can easily go to the ticket counter at the airport and ask the representative for the available seats. As per the availability, choose your preferred seat and fly conveniently to your destination.
Which seat is best on British Airways?
There are many options under the best seats with this air carrier. You can select an exit row seat as it has more space than the others. Apart from this, you also select front row, aisle, or window seats according to your choice. It is recommended that you select your seats as early as possible to travel on your favorite one.
How do I get my seats together on British Airways?
The seats are assigned free of cost when you are traveling with your group. The airline tries its best to make your group sit together, but it’s not always guaranteed. To ensure your group sits together or you would like to select specific seats, you can pay a fee to reserve your group’s seats in advance. Please note that is available for groups booked in the UK and Ireland only.