Get a chance to discover the boundless horizons of adventure with the WestJet Change Flight Policy. Unravel the tapestry of possibility and take off on a journey of transformation. Let curiosity guide you as destinations call from beyond the horizon. During your trip with this airline, even if you witness a small change in your travel plans, you can still enjoy the flexibility to alter your flight bookings.
When Can I Use WestJet Change Flight Policy?
In case you have any booking with the airline and now your plan is witnessing any unexpected changes, then this policy comes into play. By using this policy, the passenger can tailor the bookings. However, the policy may differ depending on the fare type and time of change.
Regardless of fare type, the airline allows passengers to change flights within 24 hours of booking. By doing so, passengers can alter their reservation without paying any extra money to the airline. However, the passenger changing the flight is accepted to pay the fare difference between the original booking and the new booking. Apart from this, passengers are expected to change the flight 24 hours prior to the departure of the flight.
To check the terms and conditions of all the fares offered by the airline, you can scroll down and continue reading.
Change Flight Policy for Different Fares
Below is a brief about the WestJet change flight process applicable to all the fares offered by the airline.
Fares with Flexibility to Change
- Passengers having EconoFlex, PremimumFlex and BusinessFlex are eligible to change flights without any charges. However, as per the flight change policy of the airline, the fare difference will be applicable.
- Passengers with Econo, Premium and Business fares can change flights for an additional fee.
- If you’re seeking the most budget-friendly option, Basic fare provides the best value for travellers who are confident they won’t need any modifications to their booking. However, it’s essential to be aware that this fare does not allow any changes once booked.
- The airline may charge a fee for changing the flight booked with reward points. However, the fee will depend on the fare type and time of change. In addition to the change fee, the airline will also charge the fare difference.
Change Flight with these Steps
Skipping the old-fashioned and traditional method of changing flights from the airport, this airline has brought flexibility to passengers. Accessing the airline’s main website is the most convenient and easy way to change flights. Apart from the online method, there are other offline methods, like changing flights on phone calls.
- You can open the official website of the airline.
- Search and click on the option “Manage Trips.”
- Once you click on the option, a drop-down menu appears on the screen. From all the options, choose “Manage Flights.”
- Now get access to your trip by entering your reservation code and your last name.
- After filling in the details, when you press the search button, all your flights appear on the screen.
- Look out for the change flight option. Once you click the option, the airline will showcase the list of available flight seats.
- Choose the flight that fits with your travel plans.
- Pay the applicable change fees and fare difference (if any).
- Call on the WestJet change flight phone number at 1-888-937-8538.
- Once you connect with the airline’s agent, ask them to cancel your booked flight.
- The agent will ask about the details of the bookings and share all the details.
- Check for the available flight options and select the one that suits your the best.
- Pay for any applicable change fees or fare differences to confirm the booking.
- After paying for the changed flight, the airline will share the new itinerary with you.
Charges to Change Flight with WestJet
The charges applied for changing the flight will depend on your fare type, route and time when you make the changes to your flight.
To make the charges without paying extra money, make changes within 24 hours of booking. Any applicable change fee will be waived. You will be treated as a No-Show if you don’t change or cancel your flight before departure. All ticket value will be forfeited.
For all the bookings made on or after Sept 1, 2022:
|Change fee for||Econo||EconoFlex||Premium||Business|
|Flight within Canada||100-118 CAD||No fee||100-118 CAD||100-118 CAD|
|The Flight between Canada and all destinations(except Europe & Asia)||100-118 CAD||No fee||100-118 CAD||100-118 CAD|
|The Flight between Canada and Europe||150-177 CAD99 EUR83 GBP||No fee||300-354 CAD228 EUR192 GBP||500-590 CAD381 EUR321 GBP|
|Flight between Canada and Asia||150-177 CAD15,794 JPY||No fee||300-354 CAD31,587 JPY||500-590 CAD52,645 JPY|
WestJet Same Day Changes
A same-day change refers to the option of requesting a confirmed flight change within 24 hours before departure, where the only difference is the departure time. This means that if an earlier or later flight is available on the same day and it meets certain conditions, you can make the change by paying a fee. You can do this either at the airport or by calling the airline. The requirements for availing of a same-day change are as follows:
- The flight must have the same origin and destination.
- The flight must be on the same calendar day as the original departure.
- The flight must be operated by this airline, including WestJet Encore and WestJet Link by Pacific Coastal.
- You must have purchased one of the eligible fares: Econo, EconoFlex, Premium, PremiumFlex, Business, BusinessFlex, or Member Exclusive (Economy, Premium, or Business).
- There should be a seat in the same cabin class as originally booked.
- It’s important to note that same-day changes only apply to the flight portion for reservations made as part of a WestJet Vacations package. Same-day changes do not cover any other activities or reservations, such as transfers, hotels, or excursions.
However, there are situations when a same-day change is not available. These include
- If you purchased a Basic fare.
- If you are travelling on a charter flight.
- If there is only one departure scheduled for that day.
- If there are no remaining departures, you are on the day’s last flight.
In such cases, regular change and cancellation rules and applicable fees will apply to your reservation.
Can I change my flight to an earlier flight with WestJet?
Yes, it is possible to change your flight by opting for an earlier departure time. The airline offers you the convenience of modifying your flight schedule through three flexible options: the online platform, a phone call to their customer service, or simply visiting the airport in person
Can I change my flight 2 days before the departure with WestJet?
You can modify your flight up to 2 days before your departure. This can be done through the website, the app, or by contacting customer service. However, it’s important to note that if you decide to switch to a higher fare, you’ll need to cover the difference in fare.