Swiss passengers get the chance to discover freedom and fly with peace of mind! The airline treats the passenger’s journey as a priority. Apart from the onboard journey the airline also ensures to provide flexibility to the passenger when it comes to cancelling the booked flight due to some unexpected occurrence. So if you have made your bookings and now want to cancel the flight, just follow the Swiss Air cancellation policy and you can make a hassle-free cancellation.
What are the terms and conditions of the Swiss Air Cancellation Policy?
Undoubtedly the cancellation policy of the airline comes with many perks but still, there are certain terms and conditions associated that the passenger has to take care of. Below is a brief about all the terms and conditions that comes with the cancellation policy of the airline.
- The cancellation policy of the airline can be used by the passenger who has directly purchased fares from the airline, irrespective of the channel of purchase.
- The refund for the flights canceled with the airline is applicable on one-way, round-trip, multi-trip, and open-jaw fares.
- The refunds associated with the cancellation of the flight are only applicable to confirmed tickets starting with 724.
- The airline allows the passenger to cancel the flight 2 hours prior to the departure of the flight.
Steps to Cancel a Swiss Flight
To ensure proper comfort and convenience for the passenger the airline has made the cancellation policy available on various channels like an online website, on a phone call, or even at the airport.
The steps to cancel the flight from these channels are mentioned below for your reference.
Flight Cancellation Online
To cancel the flight through the online portal you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Swiss Airlines at https://www.swiss.com/in/en/homepage
- On the top of the home page, you will see the option of “Book and Manage.”
- Once you click on the option, a drop-down menu appears on the screen.
- Click on the option “Manage my Bookings.”
- Now retrieve your booking either using your Travel ID or with your Booking Code.
- Once you retrieve your bookings, choose the flight you want to cancel and select the option of “Cancel Flight.”
- All the information related to the fare rules and refunds will appear on your screen.
- Once you go through all the details, click on the confirm button to proceed further with the Swiss Air cancel flight process.
- The airline will share the confirmation of cancellation on your registered email address.
Flight Cancellation on a Phone Call
In case you feel the online portal is confusing then, you can follow the below-mentioned steps. The agent of the airline will cancel the flight on your behalf.
- Call on the Swiss Air cancellation phone number +1(516) 738-4422.
- Stay on the call until you are connected with the live agent of the customer care department.
- Once connected with the agent, share your booking details and ask for cancellation.
- Make sure to enquire about the refund policy associated and the refund amount that you will receive after canceling the flight.
- Once the agent makes the cancellation you will receive a confirmation on your shared contact details.
Flight Cancellation at the Airport
To cancel the flight from the reservation desk at the airport, passengers can adhere to the steps mentioned below:
- It is very important to note that flights can be canceled only 2 hours prior to the departure of the flight. If the passenger misses the flight without canceling it then the airline may consider them a “no-show” and the whole value of the fare will be forfeited.
- Visit the nearby airport if you are at the airport then locate the Swiss reservation desk.
- Share all your flight and booking details with the agent available at the desk to assist you.
- Ask the agent to cancel your flight.
- The agent may provide you with a form or ask you for certain details to proceed with the Swiss Air Cancellation policy.
- Once provided with all the details, don’t forget to enquire about the refund for the canceled flight.
- The confirmation for the flight cancellation will be shared by the airline in your mail.
Swiss Air 24-hour Cancellation Policy
For all the Swiss flights operating to/from the USA, Canada, and Europe, the airline has made a 24-hours cancellation policy. This 24-hour cancellation policy of the airline comes with several perks:
- If you directly purchased a fare from the airline and you make a cancellation within 24 hours of booking but the scheduled departure of the flight should be one week late, then you are eligible for a full refund. In this case, the airline won’t imply any sort of cancellation fees on you for using the Swiss Air Cancellation policy.
- Regardless of the fare type, passengers can receive a full refund if canceled the flight within 24 hours of booking.
- However, the 24-hour cancellation policy has certain limitations it is not applicable for the following fares:
- Group Booking with the airline
- Bookings made using the reward ticket
- All the Basic Economy Fare are not eligible for a change. But passengers can receive a full refund if canceled the flight within 24 hours of booking (for flights having scheduled departure within 7 or more days).
Charges to Cancel Flight with Swiss Air
The charges to cancel the flight with the airline may vary depending on the route and the fare type. However, the charges to cancel a flight with Swiss may range between $100-$500. It is advisable to get in touch with the customer care department of the airline or call on 1-888-990-2621.
What if Swiss Air cancels my flight?
If the flight is canceled by the end of the airline, then the passenger can either opt for a rebooking or a full refund. The airline however tries its best to rebook passengers on available flights.
What if I cancel my non-refundable ticket with Swiss Air?
In the case of non-refundable tickets, there will be no refund initiated by the airline for canceled flights.
Is it better to no-show or cancel a flight with Swiss Air?
Canceling a flight can be a better option in comparison to a “no-show.” In the case of a “no-show,” the whole fare value is forfeited. Whereas if you opt to cancel the flight then you may receive some sort of refund from the airline.