Sit back and take off on a journey with Qatar Airways, where your plans are as flexible as the clouds. Navigate through changes easily, as the policy allows you to adjust your flight plans. Unforeseen detours? No worries. Let your dreams take flight with Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy, where your peace of mind is the airline’s destination. Discover a world of hassle-free possibilities with the cancellation policy because your adventure should be as smooth as the skies.
An Overview of Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy
The airline’s cancellation policy comes with certain rules and regulations that the passengers need to follow for the smooth completion of the process. The list of terms and conditions of the policy includes:
- Flights booked using reward points or miles are generally non-cancellable per the airline’s policy.
- If you decide to cancel your reservation within 24 hours of booking, you may be eligible for a refund for the unused portion of the ticket. However, this will be subject to a deduction of applicable cancellation fees.
- If the passenger doesn’t cancel the flight and cannot board it, the ticket value will be forfeited.
- Certain ticket types may have specific rules, potentially preventing you from cancelling your flight once it has departed. In such cases, if your ticket is non-refundable, you won’t be able to receive a refund.
- If you cannot board the flight due to missing travel documents, the airline’s cancellation fee and a no-show fee will be applicable.
- The airline allows the passenger to cancel the flight 3 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
Cancellation Policy according to the fare type
- The fares of economy life class are not entitled to any cancellation.
- The classic economy class fares can be cancelled with cancellation charges.
- The convenience economy class fares can be cancelled but with cancellation charges.
- The comfort economy class fares are entitled to free cancellation.
- The life, classic, and comfort business fares can be cancelled only with certain cancellation charges.
- On the other side, the elite business class fare is eligible for free cancellation.
- The first and elite class fares are eligible for a free cancellation with the airline.
Steps to Cancel Flight with Qatar Airways
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to cancel your Qatar flight.
Cancel Flight Online
- Go to the website and click “Manage My Trip” to proceed with Qatar Airways cancel the flight process.
- Enter your booking details in the required field.
- Select the flight segment you want to cancel (light segment).
- Confirm your selection after reading the consent page.
- The refund amount will be shown on your screen.
- Fill out the online refund request form to complete the cancellation process.
- Check your email and mobile for a confirmation message from the airline.
Cancel Flight on a Phone Call
- To proceed further with the Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy, contact the airline’s live agent by calling 1 (877) 777-2827. You can also alternatively call on 1 888-990-2621.
- Share all the flight and booking details with the agent of the airline.
- The agent may ask you about the reason for cancelling the flight.
- Once done with providing all the details, enquire about the cancellation charges and remaining refund.
- After cancelling the flight, the agent will share the confirmation on your registered email id.
Cancel the Flight at the airport
If you want to opt for cancellation from the airport, you must reach the airport 3 hours prior to the departure of the flight. After reaching the airport, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to cancel your flight.
- At the airport, locate Qatar Airways, check-in counter and contact the airline’s agent.
- Share all the documents and important details with the agent to retrieve your booking.
- Explain your intentions to the agent for cancelling the flight. The agent may ask you for a reason. Provide the necessary reason for cancelling the booked flight.
- Make sure to enquire about the cancellation charges and the refund for the remaining balance.
- Once you pay the cancellation charges, the agent will proceed with the cancellation process.
Charges to Cancel a Flight with Qatar Airways
The charges for the cancellation may differ depending on the time and the route. For instance, no charges are applied to the booking cancelled within 24 hours of booking.
However, if the passenger cancels the flight after the 24-hours window, the airline may charge a cancellation fee ranging between $100-$500. It is advised to connect with the airline’s agent to have a brief idea about the cancellation charges depending on the terms and conditions of the fare.
Steps to follow when Qatar Cancels the Flight
If the airline cancels the flight due to unavoidable situations that are not controlled, then either the airline provides an alternative flight or books the flight on another partnered airline.
If your flight experiences a delay or cancellation lasting three hours or more within the airline’s control, you are entitled to an alternative flight at no extra cost. If the original flight is unavailable, the airline will arrange a corresponding flight with another airline.
If none of the alternative flights suits you, you can request a refund from the airline. The airline may also provide you with some sort of compensation in case the flight is delayed for more than an hour.