Ready to take flight with Copa Airlines? But wait, what if unforeseen circumstances arise and plans need to change? Fear not. The airline has crafted a magical flight cancellation policy to keep your worries grounded. From mysterious last-minute plans to spontaneous whims, the Copa Airlines cancellation policy ensures your journey remains smooth and worry-free. So, why fret over the unexpected? Take off on your travel dreams with Copa Airlines and discover one of the top-notch facilities.
Copa Airlines 24-hour Cancellation Policy
- The Copa Airlines cancellation policy offers great flexibility for all passengers.
- In this policy, all cancellations made within 24 hours of booking are not entitled to cancellation charges.
- Whether you have a refundable or non-refundable ticket, cancellations made within 24 hours of booking don’t incur cancellation charges on any of them.
- The cancellation fee amount depends on various factors, such as the fare type and destination chosen.
- If you want to know more about the working 24-hour policy, you can call 1-888-990-2621.
Terms and Conditions of Copa Airlines 24-hours cancellation Policy
To provide customers with a hassle-free experience, the airline has introduced a 24-hour flexible cancellation policy for certain ticket reservations. Passengers can refer to the below-mentioned points to learn more about the cancellation policy.
- The 24-hour cancellation period starts when the ticket is issued for all eligible tickets.
- Tickets purchased less than 7 days before the flight departure date will not be eligible for the automatic 24-hour cancellation process.
- Passengers who have already checked in for their flight will not be eligible for the automatic 24-hour cancellation process.
- Reservations with paid additional services will not be eligible for the automatic 24-hour cancellation process.
- The flexible cancellation process only applies to reservations made through the airline’s official website or Book and Hold payments from My Trips.
- The flexible cancellation process does not apply to Book and Hold reservations paid through the Contact Centers, City Ticket Offices, or Airport Terminal Offices.
- The 24-hour flexible cancellation request must be submitted within the specified time frame; otherwise, it will be referred to an alternate process for completion.
- The refund will include 100% of the requested amount, including taxes.
- For any special services such as car rentals or travel insurance purchased through third-party vendors, customers must directly request a refund from the respective vendor.
- Keep in mind that the 24-hour Flexible Purchase policy does not apply to reservations made using miles.
Steps to Cancel Flight with Copa Airlines
The airline provides proper comfort and flexibility to all the passengers making bookings. Even if they wish to cancel the flight, the airline provides several channels making it easy for the passengers.
- Visit the official Copa Airlines website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the “My Trips” or “Manage My Flight” section on the website.
- Select the flight you want to cancel from all the bookings made and click on the “Cancel” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions provided to proceed with the cancellation process.
- Check out if the airline applies any cancellation charges.
- Complete the necessary steps and confirm the cancellation of your flight.
Cancellation on a Phone Call
- Call on Copa Airlines flight cancellation phone number 1 786 840 COPA (2672) (For US only).
- Patiently wait to connect with the live agent of the airline.
- After connecting with the live agent, share all the bookings dates and the reason for the cancellation.
- Enquire about the refund and the cancellation charges from the agent.
- The agent of the airline will cancel your flight on your behalf.
- Check whether you have received the confirmation for cancellation or not.
Cancellation at the Airport
- If you prefer using the old and traditional method for cancellation, you can visit the nearest airport.
- Locate the reservation desk of the airline at the airport.
- Share all the flight details with the agent that you want to cancel.
- The agent will share the confirmation once the Copa Airlines cancel flight process is completed.
Steps to Take When Copa Cancels the Flight
In case the flight you booked with the airline is cancelled from the airline then you can take the following steps:
- Make sure to keep a check on the status of the flight. By doing so, you can check whether your flight is cancelled.
- To check the flight status, passengers can visit the airline’s main website, call the airline’s customer care department or use the mobile app.
- If you witness the airline has cancelled your flight, get in touch with the live agent of the airline to proceed with further steps.
- For cancelled flights, passengers can request a full refund from the airline or ask the agent to rebook another flight.
- The refund of the flight the airline cancelled may take upto 7-10 business days to reflect in the passenger’s account.
- Besides seeking a refund, passengers can ask the airline to rebook another suitable flight to complete their journey. However, in cases of rebooking, the airline will first check the availability of seats on the available flight.
- Ensure to have all the records of the flight cancelled by the airline. These records can help address any issues or disputes regarding the cancellation, refund or rebooking of another flight.
Charges to Cancel the Flight
If you decide to cancel your booking, the cancellation charges will depend on the timing of your cancellation. Have a look at a fare idea of how the airline charges cancellation fees:
- If you cancel within 24 hours of making the reservation, you will not incur any cancellation fees.
- For cancellations occurring more than 24 hours after booking but less than 7 days before the scheduled departure. If you decide to cancel your flight within this timeframe, a cancellation fee of 50% of the ticket price will be applied.
- If you choose to cancel your flight at least 7 days before the scheduled departure, a cancellation fee of 25% of the ticket price will be charged.
Can I cancel my flight 2 hours before the departure with Copa?
Passengers having a refundable ticket can cancel the flight up to 2 hours before the scheduled flight’s departure. However, make sure to cancel through their website or customer service, within 24 hours of your scheduled departure, without having checked in or utilised any ticket benefits like seat assignments or checked baggage.
Do I have to pay for flight cancellations with Copa?
Per the 24-hour cancellation policy, no charges apply to flight cancellations within 24 hours of booking. After 24 hours, a cancellation fee of $20 to $150 applies based on your ticket’s fare class.