Indulge in the pinnacle of luxury with Singapore Airlines seat upgrade. Elevate your travel experience to unparalleled heights of refinement. A world of relaxation with spacious seats on board is waiting on this carrier. Savor a gastronomic journey with delectable meals and premium beverages crafted especially for you by renowned chefs.
Ways For Seat Upgrade On Singapore Airlines
The airline provides different ways with which you upgrade your seat for the upcoming flight. Here, we are going to discuss them in detail for your convenience.
Top Up The Fare Difference For Seat Upgrade
You can upgrade your seat to any cabin class with this feature. It can be done by just paying the difference between your original fare and the cabin to which you want an upgrade. Stick to the points mentioned below if you wish to move forward with this seat upgrading way.
- Head to the official website of the carrier at www.singaporeair.com on your favorite search engine.
- Select the “Manage Booking” tab displayed on the homepage.
- Now, you have to enter your booking reference or e-ticket number along with your family name.
- Then, click on the “Manage Booking” button to retrieve your flight reservation.
- From the “Flight Details” select the preferred seat you want to upgrade for your journey.
- The fare difference amount will appear on your screen.
- Pay the required amount to confirm your seat upgrade on Singapore Airlines.
- The system will process your payment and soon you will receive a new ticket including your upgraded seat details in your email.
Note: You can only upgrade your seat in this process if you don’t have a flight ticket for Economy Lite or Value fare. And if you have bought your ticket from a travel agency, contact them directly to upgrade your seat.
Seat Upgrade By Purchasing mySQupgrade
The air carrier offers a seat upgrade option that you can buy within 72 hours of your flight’s departure at an exclusive price. The mySQupgrade is available for a limited time only. You can enjoy a seat upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy or Business Class immediately.
You can check the eligibility for this seat upgrade and complete the procedure on the online portal of the carrier. The amount you have to pay as Singapore Airlines fees for seat upgrades will be shown after you enter your booking credentials.
Once you have paid for this upgrade, you will be informed via email. And you cannot transfer or get a refund for the successful purchase of mySQupgrade.
You might also receive an invitation from the airline to purchase this upgrade at your registered email address. This seat upgrade can only be done if you are not traveling with an infant/group of more than 9 people, or have a flight paas booking.
Important Information Regarding mySQupgrade
A few key points you should be aware of if you want to buy mySQupgrade and upgrade your seat are given underneath.
- Your flight should be ticketed and operated by Singapore Airlines only.
- The offer window to purchase this upgrade closes 6 hours prior to the flight departure.
- In case you wish to buy this seat upgrade within 6 hours of the departure. Then, you can enquire about it at the airport check-in counter of the carrier.
- The availability of seat upgrades is updated in real-time. So, it is possible that when you open the invite link at a later time, you might not be eligible for the upgrade.
- You can choose to buy this upgrade separately for a single journey in case you have multiple flights.
Redeem Miles For A Seat Upgrade
You are entitled to make a seat upgrade by redeeming your miles for the next flight. It is possible with the awards program membership of the carrier known as KrisFlyer.
With your confirmed flight ticket, you can check how many miles are required for the seat upgrade with the calculator. You can upgrade to one higher cabin from your original seat with the miles. But, make sure that you don’t book a Lite or Value fare because they are not eligible for seat upgrades in this feature.
Follow these steps to upgrade your seat with miles.
- On the website of the airline, click on the “Log In” option at the top right corner.
- Fill in your KrisFlyer number or email address along with your password in the given fields.
- Your account will open up on a new page where you can select the flight in which you want a seat upgrade.
- From the available seat options in the next higher cabin, choose the one and pay with your KrisFlyer miles.
- Your upgraded seat will be confirmed immediately by the carrier. And it will also send you the information regarding the same to your KrisFlyer account or email.
KrisFlyer Miles Seat Upgrade Policy
You must remember a few terms and conditions under the Singapore Airlines seat upgrade policy. It is important if you are planning to redeem your miles for the upgrade.
- You are allowed for the redemption of miles for seat upgrades on partner airlines of this carrier as well as Star Alliance Airlines.
- Your originally purchased ticket is required for verification and reissue to get your seat upgrade.
- The miles you are going to earn while flying on an upgraded seat will not be based on that specific cabin. You will earn them as per your original class booking.
- You can get a two-class seat upgrade by redeeming your miles. It means you can directly upgrade your seat from Economy to Business class.
- If you have a round-trip flight itinerary and want to upgrade your seat on both. Then, the value of miles to be used will be doubled according to the one-way upgrade requirement.
How do I pre-order my meal after the seat upgrade on Singapore Airlines?
Once your seat is upgraded, you can select your meal in the “Manage Booking” section. It is available up to 24 hours before your flight’s departure. But, there is no availability of Book the Cook meal in case you have checked in prior to the seat upgrade. And if you pre-ordered your meal in the original class. Then, it will not be forwarded to your upgraded seat.
How to pay for mySQupgrade on Singapore Airlines?
Singapore Airlines accepts the major modes of payment for purchasing seat upgrades. You can pay via American Express, Mastercard, and Visa credit cards. You are permitted to use only one credit card for the seat upgrade payment. The amount will only be deducted if your seat upgrade purchase is successful. And it will be labeled as “SINGAPOREAIR MYSQUPGRADE” on your credit card statement.