Discover a world of unmatched luxury and comfort with Etihad Airways seat upgrade. This feature is designed to exceed your expectations offering you a journey like never before. Immerse yourself in entertainment with cutting-edge systems. And embark on a memorable adventure where relaxation and indulgence meet.
Overview of Seat Upgrade on Etihad Airways
Below is the guide for seat upgrades:
Ways of Seat Upgrade
Whether you would like to fly in Business or First class, there are several ways in which you can upgrade your seat for the journey.
Upgrade With Etihad Guest Miles
Etihad Guest is the loyalty program of this air carrier. You can reward yourself with a seat if you are a member of their program, even with its partner airlines. You can see how many miles you will need to upgrade with the miles calculator on the official website of Etihad Airways. Just choose your airline, add your from and to airports, and calculate the required miles.
Instant Airport Upgrade
This Airways also gives you the facility of upgrading your seat when you check in at the airport. But, it is totally determined by your fare eligibility. You can pay via cash(at selected airports) or credit card. Chauffeur service is not available for this upgrade. And if you are flying from Russia, only Russian bank cards are accepted at the airport.
Place A Bid To Upgrade
This is the most unique and advantageous way to make seat upgrades. Know about this process in detail.
Firstly, check out your flight confirmation email because you will require your booking reference or ticket number to bid. If you can’t find your booking reference, contact +1 (877) 690-0767 for assistance.
Then, visit the official website of this air carrier at www.etihad.com to proceed further. And remember, the higher you bid, the better your chances are for an upgrade.
This Airline will then review your bid and let you know if it has been successful. Your bid may be accepted at any time after you submit it. Once your bid is accepted:
- You will get another email from Etihad to confirm your upgrade.
- You will be charged the bid amount as Etihad Airways fees for seat upgrades. This is non-refundable.
- You will receive your upgraded boarding pass when you check-in online or at the airport.
- You can change or cancel your bid after the acceptance at least 4 hours before your flight.
Note: If your bid is not accepted, do not worry at all. You will be able to keep your original ticket and not be charged a single penny.
Bid Upgrade Terms And Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply to an offer made by you under the Etihad Airways seat upgrade policy. You get the opportunity to upgrade from the original class of service to one class higher.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and able to enter into binding contracts.
- Etihad reserves the right to decide whether or not to accept your bid at its sole discretion.
- If your bid is accepted before you cancel or amend it. You are still legally bound to complete the payment for the price stated in your original bid.
- This air carrier does not guarantee specific seat assignments if your bid is accepted.
- Lounge access applies only to the upgraded segment. It means you are eligible to use the lounge of your departing airport only.
Go through the official website of Etihad Airways to know more about the terms and conditions of this facility.
Perks Of Business Class Upgrade
Below are the perks you can expect with this airline upgrade to Business class.
- Take some time for yourself in Etihad Lounge all around the world before your flight.
- Fast-track through the airport with priority check-in and boarding.
- Make the most of the extra room onboard with ample storage space.
- Recline your preferred seat to a fully-flat bed when you are ready to rest.
- Dine anytime you choose in the cabin from an all-day menu.
First Class Upgrade Benefits
Make the Etihad upgrade to First class and feel like you are flying in your own private universe.
- Reach the airport a bit early and relax in a lounge that’s so good – you won’t want to leave.
- Close the door to your own private apartment in the sky onboard.
- Have your meals personalized from an extensive a la carte menu.
- Enjoy 100hrs of movies, TV shows, live news, sports, music, and more in your reclining armchair.
- Allow the cabin crew to prepare a turndown service with an all-natural mattress, duvet, and cotton sheets for your sleep.
- Snuggle up in the cozy loungewear provided by Etihad for your journey.
Who is not eligible to bid for an Etihad Airways upgrade?
You are not eligible to bid for an upgrade if you have booked:
1. A redemption ticket
2. An already upgraded ticket using Etihad Guest Miles or cash
3. Multi-flyer tickets
4. As part of a group booking
5. A free ticket
6. A staff ticket
Will my bid amount be refunded if my Etihad Airways flight is canceled?
In the event that your Etihad flight is canceled, the air carrier will try to accommodate you in the upgraded cabin on your next flight. Otherwise, it will refund you the full upgrade amount within 10 days.
Do I need to pay extra fees other than the bid amount?
When you bid to upgrade, the airport departure taxes are applicable in certain countries. Any extra charges will be shown clearly in your upgrade offer submission process.