Seamless travels begin with your choice through Japan Airlines seat selection. Your handpicked seat speaks of your comfort – be it the allure of a window, the convenience of an aisle, or somewhere in between. The thoughtfully designed seats ensure maximum relaxation throughout your flight. The carrier tries its best to make your time in the air just as enjoyable as your destination.
How To Select A Seat On Japan Airlines?
You are allowed to select a seat while flying with this carrier from the time of booking up until 20 minutes prior to the departure time of your flight. Detailed information about different procedures is given below.
Seat Selection During Flight Booking
Seat selection can be done when you are booking your flight initially on the online portal of the airline. Have a look at the steps to complete this process.
- Go to the official website of the carrier i.e. Japan Airlines on the browser of your choice.
- At the header of the homepage under the “Booking” section, add your from and to airports first.
- Then, you need to select your travel dates from the given calendar and also add the number of passengers.
- After adding this information, click on the “Search Flights” button.
- Choose the flight from the list available according to your date’s input.
- In the next step, you have to enter your personal details attentively.
- Now, on the booking details screen, click the “Select Seat” from the “Service Selection” tab.
- From the interactive Japan Airlines seat map, pick your favorite seat and click on the “Set” button.
- If there are more people in your booking, then do check that seat numbers are reflected to each passenger on the flight information.
- Click on the “Complete” button and you will be taken back to the service selection page.
- Fill in your payment details in order to confirm your seat and flight purchase.
- Your payment will be processed by the system and you will receive an email from the carrier. It will include your flight and seat details.
After Reservation Seat Selection
In case you have already completed your flight booking, then also you can select seats on Japan Airlines afterward. The steps to follow in this process are:
- Access the official website of the carrier on your search engine.
- Select the “Manage Booking” tab from the homepage and click on Manage Flight Booking option.
- The system will process your request and direct you to a new page.
- There you need to fill in your flight number, boarding date, last name, first name, and reservation number.
- Review your details once and click on the “Booking Details” button.
- In your flight itinerary, hit on the “Select Seat” option to open up the map on your screen.
- Pick the seat from the available ones and pay for the same to confirm it.
- The carrier will send you an email with your selected seat information.
Important Information About Seat Selection
A few rules affect the seat selection process on this carrier. So you should be well-versed with them in order to fly comfortably.
- The availability of seats for selection might be limited and differ by fare type.
- Your seat selection will be unavailable if you arrive after the check-in window of your flight closes.
- Some seats are prohibited to select in case you are an unaccompanied minor, pregnant woman, traveling with an infant, or require wheelchair assistance.
- There are chances that the options for seat selection will increase 48 hours before your flight departs.
- You are allowed to board the aircraft even without selecting a seat beforehand. But, then you can only sit on the automatically assigned seat.
- The Japan Airlines seat selection fee will be based on your fare type and purchase location.
Are extra legroom seats available on Japan Airlines?
Yes, the seats with more space for legs are located in the front and emergency exit rows. You can purchase and select these seats for your flight journey for approximately $100. This fee will be per passenger, per flight segment. You will be able to see these seats marked with a star on the map during your booking process.
Can I get a refund for seat selection on Japan Airlines?
If you want a refund for only the paid, then it is not possible if there is no flight change. But if you request a refund for your flight ticket, your seat selection fee might be refunded. You need to contact the call center of the carrier to request a refund for your selected seat.