Tailoring your travel experience is a breeze with Bangkok Airways seat selection. Your in-flight comfort is paramount to the carrier and it is dedicated to providing you with a seamless and enjoyable journey. So, pick your seat, settle in, and embark on your adventure with the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are in control of your trip.
Seat Choices On Bangkok Airways
You can select a seat according to your preferences in the Economy class of the air carrier. The types of seats available for selection are mentioned below.
Extra Legroom Seats: These are located in the emergency exit and first rows of the aircraft. You will get more space to easily stretch out your legs and a wider pitch for a comfortable flight. The Bangkok Airways seat selection fee for this category of seating is around $14 per person.
Forward Zone Seats: The front zone of the Economy cabin is equipped with these seats. It will help you in deboarding the plane efficiently and faster than other passengers. You can select this seat by paying approximately $9 for each person.
Process Of Seat Selection With Bangkok Airways
The carrier allows you to make a seat selection via numerous ways for your upcoming flight. Have a look at the different processes given below.
Seat Selection During Booking
You can easily book your flight and select a seat of your choice by visiting the official website of the airline – www.bangkokair.com. The steps you can follow in this procedure are:
- Firstly, select the type of your journey, origin, and destination along with your travel dates.
- In the next step, you can choose the type and number of people traveling with you.
- You can also add a promotion code if you have any to enjoy the privilege.
- Now, click on the “Search” button to proceed further.
- The list of flights available on your given dates along with the price details will appear on your screen.
- Select the flight that suits you the most and review the details in the “Trip Summary” section.
- After clicking on the “Continue” button, a new page will open up where you have to enter your personal information.
- Fill in all the mandatory fields and select any travel preferences.
- The available seats for selection will be displayed in light blue color on the Bangkok Airways seat map.
- Choose your preferred seat and it will turn a dark blue color. Next, click on the “Proceed with seat selection” button.
- Lastly, you have to add your payment details to confirm your reservation and seat selection for the flight.
- Once your payment process is complete, you will be directed to the “Confirmation Page” including the status of your booking.
- The system will generate your ticket and the booking information will be sent to your email.
Seat Selection After Flight Reservation
Seat selection can be done even after purchasing the flight ticket. Make sure to select your seat 24 hours prior to the departure of your flight because, after this time, it will become unavailable. Stick to these steps on the website of the airline.
- Scroll down a bit and select the “Manage My Booking” tab.
- Enter your booking reference and last name in the specified boxes appearing on your screen.
- Click on the “Search” button and your booking information will be retrieved on a new page.
- If you have more than one flight, then choose the one for which you want to make a seat selection.
- Hit your cursor on the seat preference from the available options and pay the required amount.
- Soon, you will receive the selected seat receipt in your email address from the airline.
Seat Selection Through Call Center
You can select seats on Bangkok Airways and buy them by connecting with the agent at the call center of the carrier. Dial 1771 on your phone and follow the IVR prompts.
Once you are connected to the agent, give them your name and booking reference so that they can verify your details.
Tell them to select a seat on your behalf from the options available. Pay the price for your selected seat and the representative will send you its confirmation details to your contact information.
Other Methods For Seat Selection
The carrier also allows you to make a seat selection at the ticketing office as well as at the airport check-in counters. The preferred seats are available for selection up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
You should be aware of one thing, there are high chances you might not be able to select your favorite seat. Because the seating options will be very limited at this point.
You can ask the agent present at the counter which seats are still available to select and pick one accordingly. Pay the amount applicable for seat selection and look forward to enjoying a memorable flight journey.
Seat Selection Terms And Conditions
Go through some conditions below that are related to the seat selection on this air carrier.
- You will be allocated a seat if you do not make a selection but it is not guaranteed what seat type will be provided.
- You are not entitled to get a refund or transfer your selected seat to any other passenger.
- You will be able to select a seat after the reservation of your flight only if you have paid completely for the ticket beforehand.
- You will be given a new seat according to the selected type in case of flight cancellation by the carrier or a change in aircraft.
Conditions For Seat Selection In Emergency Exit Row
You should fulfill the eligibility criteria of the airline for choosing a seat in the emergency exit row.
- You should be at least 16 years old and able to understand the cabin crew’s commands in case of an emergency.
- You are physically fit and strong to operate the exit door.
- You must have the ability to read and understand the emergency evacuation instructions provided by the carrier in printed or graphic form.
- You should be willing to comply with the regulations related to seating in this row.
Extra Seats Reservation
You can take advantage of buying an extra adjacent seat for your flight with this airline. You can purchase them for personal comfort and cabin baggage.
In case you cannot fit appropriately in a single seat or fasten your seatbelt, then this additional seat is a great option.
You can complete the extra seat reservation process by contacting the call center of the carrier prior to the departure of your flight. You must call them at least 24 hours prior to departure time in order to receive the confirmation of your application.
For Personal Comfort: You can buy unlimited seats for your flight journey and you will be given a 20 kg checked baggage allowance for a single seat.
For Extra Volume Passenger: You can occupy 2 seats and also request a seatbelt extension from the staff if required. Your checked baggage allowance will be 30 kg.
For Cabin Baggage: In case you want an extra seat to store your cabin baggage, then there are some conditions for it. For example:
- Your bag’s dimensions should not exceed the dimensions of the seat.
- The bag weight can be 73 kg and you cannot store it in the emergency exit row.
- You must not hamper the movements of passengers and crew.
- You can store the bags on the window seat first and then move towards the aisle.
- It should not injure any other person on the flight and must be suitably packed and covered.
Who can’t choose emergency exit row seats on Bangkok Airways?
The airline allows only passengers who can meet the exit row seating requirements for selection. You should select seats from the other options if:
1. You are pregnant or traveling with an infant, child, or a service dog.
2. Your physical size would prevent you from moving quickly.
3. You are a Buddhist monk, elderly, frail, or have an illness.
There are more restrictions for these seats. You can check out the official website of the carrier for the information.
Can I get a seat refund if I change my flight with Bangkok Airways?
The changes you make voluntarily regarding the date of your flight or choose a different flight. Then, the airline will not refund the amount you paid for seat selection originally. It will only be refunded if the flight changes are made by the carrier itself and they are not suitable for your travel.