Unleash the magic of travel with the enchanting Delta Airlines seat upgrade. Elevate your adventure as you relax in utmost comfort and revel in personalized service that leaves no wish unfulfilled. Delight in the finer things in life with gourmet meals and an extensive selection of beverages, curated just for you. Upgrade to the lap of luxury and embrace the joy of flying with this air carrier.
Seat Upgrade Types Offered By Delta Airlines
The airline offers various types of seat upgrades for its SkyMiles members, Medallion members, and to normal flyers. Let us talk about these different upgrades in detail.
Paid Seat Upgrades
You can easily pay and get an upgraded seat on the aircraft of the carrier. But, it is only possible if you haven’t booked a ticket for the Basic Economy cabin. The process for paid seat upgrades is mentioned underneath.
- First and foremost, head to the official website of the airline at www.delta.com.
- Select the “My Trips” section displayed at the header of the homepage.
- Enter your confirmation number along with your first and last name and click on the arrow symbol.
- If your flight booking is eligible, then you will be able to see the upgrade offers on the “Trip Details” page.
- Now, you need to pay the amount shown below for the seat that you selected as Delta Airlines fees for seat upgrades.
- Once your payment is finalized, you will receive the details about your seat upgrade to your registered email address.
Seat Upgrades For SkyMiles Members
Your SkyMiles membership gives you the benefit of upgrading your seat with miles during your initial booking as well as after the booking completion. You can do this process either at the online portal or by connecting with its reservations department.
Upgrade Your Seat While Booking Your Flight
Stick to these points if you wish to make a seat upgrade when you are booking your flight ticket for the next journey.
- Log in to your SkyMiles account at the official website of the airline.
- Select your ticket by entering the essential travel information like origin and destination locations, travel dates, etc
- The system will first check if your reservation is eligible for a seat upgrade or not.
- If it is, you will see the “Upgrade with Miles” option in the “Trip Summary” tab.
- In the next step, you can complete your purchase by using your miles in the payment section.
- Your flight reservation will be confirmed and the carrier will send you an email including the details.
Seat Upgrade After The Booking
To upgrade your seat after you have booked your flight, follow the below-given steps.
- Visit the official website on your favorite browser or open the Fly Delta app.
- Find your reservation by filling out your login credentials.
- A “Select Seats” option will appear on your screen in case there is an available upgrade.
- Now, you can pick out any available options displayed on the Delta Airlines seat map.
- Lastly, you just have to make the payment with money or miles and confirm your seat upgrade purchase.
Seat Upgrade Through Delta Reservations
In any scenario, you are not able to upgrade your seat on the online platform. Then, do not worry as you can make the upgradation by calling the customer care of the airline.
- You can contact Delta Reservations at +1 (800) 221-1212 and connect with the SkyMiles representative.
- Once you are connected, provide them with your flight information.
- Express your wish to the agent for booking a Mileage Upgrade Award for your journey.
- They will then tell you about the seat upgrade availability and its charges.
- The representative will check the eligibility of your booking. And will confirm your seat upgrade if you have the required miles in your account.
Medallion Members Seat Upgrade
Your Medallion status gives you the privilege of getting complimentary upgrades to First Class and Delta Comfort+. Apart from seat upgrades on Delta Airlines, you can also enjoy loads of amenities with this air carrier. You can either get the seat upgrade automatically or select them yourself.
First Class Seat Upgrade Preferences Setting
On your SkyMiles account, you can set the default settings to receive complimentary upgrades on your flight. Below are the steps to proceed with this process:
- Navigate to www.delta.com/myprofile and log in with your username and password.
- Search the Flight Preferences tab and click on “Open” on your profile page.
- Once a new page opens, select the Medallion Complimentary Upgrade Requests.
- Click on the “Edit” button and adjust your preferences.
- The system will process your request and apply this setting to your all future flight bookings. The existing reservations will remain the same.
Settings For Delta Comfort+ Seat Upgrade
You can easily customize your settings and get a seat upgrade for the Delta Comfort+ cabin.
Follow these steps to utilize this feature.
- Open the website or the Fly Delta app on your electronic device.
- Select the “My Trips” tab and enter your reservation number, first and last name.
- After clicking on the “Search” button, your flight information will be displayed.
- Now, you have to make a request for a Delta Comfort+ upgrade.
- In the next step, click on the “Upgrade Preferences” box.
- Under this, two new boxes will appear – “Request Upgrade” and “Only Upgrade if my SEat Preferences are available.” You have to check them both.
- Select your desired seat from window, middle, and aisle options.
- You can click on “Apply to all Segments of the Trip” if you have connecting flights.
- Click on the “Confirm” button and your seat will be upgraded on your next flight on the basis of seat availability.
Complimentary Seat Upgrade Request Order
This airline provides complimentary upgrades in a hierarchy under its Delta Airlines seat upgrade policy. Below is the order you can look out for.
|Priority||Medallion Members Upgrade|
|2||Fare Class Groupings|
|3||Delta Sky Miles Reserve American Express Card members|
|4||Delta Corporate Travelers|
|5||Medallion Qualification Dollars earned by the Card members in the current year|
|6||Million Miler Status|
|7||Date and Time of Upgrade Request|
Note: To gain more knowledge about these seat upgrades, please check out the official website of the airline.
What are Delta Airlines Upgrade Certificates?
This air carrier offers upgrade certificates exclusively to Diamond and Platinum Medallion members. You can use the on both international as well as domestic flights. These are given as a part of your Choice Benefits. And they hold more power than complimentary upgrades for Medallion members. You can easily apply them to your flight by logging in to your contact or by contacting the specialist at Delta Reservations.
To what classes can I upgrade my seat on Delta Airlines?
There are different cabin classes on the aircraft of this airline. You can make a seat upgrade to any of the higher classes mentioned below:
1. Delta One
2. Delta Premium Select
3. First Class
4. Delta Comfort+