Choosing Sun Country Airlines as the air travel partner can be the best decision a passenger can make. The airline never leaves a chance to assist the passenger in the most challenging situations, even if it’s about cancelling the flight. Sun Country cancellation policy has been made to ensure hassle-free cancellations for passengers. So now, even if your travel plans have changed and you want to cancel the flight, just follow the cancellation policy guidelines and alter your travel plans as needed.
What are the rules for Sun Country Cancellation Policy?
If you want to cancel your flight with the airline, you should look at certain rules and regulations before initiating the process.
- As per the airline’s cancellation policy, cancellation within 24 hours of booking is always best. The passenger becomes eligible for a full refund from the airline.
- After the risk-free cancellation window (24 hours within the booking), the airline may charge a cancellation fee to cancel the flight.
- The airline allows the passenger to cancel the airfare up to 60 days before the flight’s departure.
- If you qualify for a refund of the cancelled flight, it will take 5-6 working days to get credited into your source account.
- If the passenger misses the flight despite cancelling it, then the whole value of the fare will be forfeited.
Methods to Cancel Flight with Sun Country Airlines
To make the process smooth and easily accessible for the passenger, the airline provides several channels to proceed with the flight cancellation policy. From online mode to offline mode, the airline has made various features user-friendly.
Cancel Flight on the Website
To cancel the flight through online mode, you can follow these steps.
- Visit the official website of the airline.
- Log in to your account using the registered email address and password.
- Once you log in to your account, you can look out for the “Manage Booking” option.
- After logging in to your account, you can see all the bookings made by the airline.
- Select the flight you want to cancel and click the “Cancel Flight” option to proceed.
- Once you confirm, the airline will share the confirmation of cancellation with you.
Cancel the Flight on a Phone Call
Passengers can also cancel the flight through offline mode by getting in touch with the customer care executive of the airline.
- Dial the customer care number of the airline, 651-905-2737, to connect with the customer care executive.
- Once connected with the executive, share all the flight and travelling details.
- Ask the airline’s agent to initiate the Sun Country cancel flight process on your behalf.
- Once the cancellation is made, the agent will share the confirmation with you.
Cancel the Flight at the Airport
If you like to go with the old and traditional method of flight cancellation, then you can cancel a flight at the airport by using these steps:
- Visit the nearest airport and locate the Sun Country reservation desk.
- While talking with the agent at the reservation desk, make it clear that you want to cancel your flight.
- The agent may ask for some details from you regarding the flight bookings, or they may even provide you with a cancellation form to fill out.
- Follow the instructions provided by the agent to cancel your booked flight.
- You can enquire about the cancellation charges and the refund for the cancelled flight.
- Once with the flight cancellation policy, the airline will share the confirmation on your registered contact details.
Sun Country Airlines 24-hour Cancellation Policy
To make cancellation much easier for the passenger, the airline provides a risk-free window. So irrespective of the fare type, if the passenger cancels the flight within 24-hours of booking, then the airline will provide a full refund for the airfare value.
Here are some other guidelines about the 24-hours cancellation policy of the airline:
- To seek a full refund from the airline passenger must ensure that the fare must be booked at least 168 hours in advance of the departure of the flight.
- The 24-hours cancellation policy is not applicable to group bookings made with the airline.
- If any add-on or special service has been purchased by the passenger, then they have to cancel it separately apart from the 24-hour cancellation policy.
Charges to Cancel Flight with Sun Country Airlines
If we talk about the charges to cancel the flight with the airline, then it differs depending on the type of fare the passenger bought for their trip. It is always best to go through the terms and conditions of the fare to check the eligibility and charges associated.
In general, the cancellation charges applicable are:
- If the passenger opts to cancel the flight 60 days before the scheduled departure, then the airline may not charge any cancellation penalty.
- If the passenger cancels the flight 14-59 days prior to departure, then the airline may impose a cancellation fee of $39.
- Moreover, as the departure date gets closer, the cancellation charges may increase up to $79.
Note: The charges above are inaccurate and are subject to change depending on the Sun Country cancellation policy. It is better to get in touch with the customer care agent or alternatively call on 1-888-990-2621.
Things to do if Sun Country Airlines Cancels your flight
It may happen in very rare cases that the airline may cancel your flight due to some unexpected and unavoidable situations on the way. However, the airline provides several options even if the flight is cancelled.
You can take these steps if the airline has cancelled the flight from their end.
- Rebooking alternative flight– If you received your flight status as “Cancelled” by the airline. Then you can contact the airline’s agent and ask to rebook you on another flight.
- Claiming a refund from the airline– If the alternative flight doesn’t suit you or you are not in further plans to rebook another flight with the airline, you can ask for a refund. If the flight is cancelled by the end of the airline, then the passenger becomes eligible for a full refund.
- Compensation: In delayed flights, the airline compensates the passenger, ensuring to cover up the loss that might have occurred due to the delayed flight.
How can I cancel my vacation package with Sun Country Airlines?
Passengers can cancel the vacation package with Sun Country Airlines either using the airline’s main website or by contacting the customer care executive.
How long can I cancel an international flight with Sun Country Airlines?
International flight bookings with the airline can be cancelled up to 7 days before the departure without paying any charges. However, within 7 days of departure, the airline may charge some cancellation charges.