In a world where plans can change as swiftly as the wind. But what happens when your travel itinerary encounters unexpected turbulence? How does AirBaltic navigate the delicate balance between accommodating your evolving needs and maintaining the steady course of its operations? With the AirBaltic Cancellation Policy, passengers can make a hassle-free cancellation. But are you aware of the pros and cons of the cancellation policy? If not, you have landed at the right place because below in this write-up, you can find everything about the airline’s cancellation policy.
What are the Terms and Conditions of the AirBaltic Cancellation Policy?
It is very important to learn and know about the airline’s cancellation policy before proceeding with it. Here are certain rules and regulations associated with the airline’s cancellation policy that passengers must abide by to make a hassle-free cancellation.
- All fares purchased by the airline are eligible to go through the cancellation policy.
- The passenger must contact the third-party agent for the fares bought from any third-party website.
- When it comes to the cancellation policy of the airline then, it is not rigid and may vary depending on the type of fare and the route the passenger is travelling on.
- The cancellation charges of the airline are non-refundable.
- In case of cancellations made by the airline, a message will be shared with the passenger on their respective email address.
- Cancellations made by the passenger within 24 hours of booking are eligible for a full refund from the airline.
- If the passenger cancels the flight after the 24-hours risk-free portal, the airline may implement some cancellation charges.
Cancellation Policy for Different Fare Types
As discussed earlier as well the cancellation policy of the airline may vary depending on the fare types and the route passenger has booked their ticket for. You can check the cancellation policy below for different fares provided by the airline.
- To receive a refund, you must cancel before your scheduled departure.
- Only airport taxes and related fees can be refunded.
- Make sure to cancel within the valid timeframe.
- If you added Flight Cancellation to your booking, then you can get a refund for the unused portion minus the airline penalty.
- Submitting your cancellation application before the scheduled departure date is important to request a refund.
- This fare type falls under certain restrictions, meaning the refund process covers only the unused airport taxes.
- By including the Flight Cancellation option, passengers can receive a refund for the portion of the unused ticket. However, a cancellation fee will be deducted from this amount.
Green Classic Fare
- A cancellation fee is applied per passenger per direction applies.
- In case of a “no-show”, the airline will forfeit the value of the airfare.
- Passengers can cancel anytime, pre or post-scheduled departure.
- The airline may charge cancellation charges to cancel the Business fare.
Steps to Cancel Flight with AirBaltic
To ensure smooth and hassle-free cancellation, the airline has developed several channels through which passengers can easily cancel a flight. All the channels of cancellation, along with their steps, are mentioned below:
Cancel Flight Online
To cancel the flight using the online portal of the airline, passenger can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Start by using the main website of the airline at https://www.airbaltic.com/
- On the homepage, at the top left corner, you can see the option of “Manage.”
- Click on the option to access all your bookings with the airline.
- To retrieve your bookings made with the airline, you have to provide your reference number and the last name present on the itinerary.
- Click on the booking you want to cancel and then check all the details like applied cancellation charges and the refund for the cancelled flight.
- Once you check all the details, click the “Cancel Flight” option to complete the AirBaltic cancel flight process.
- The airline will soon share the cancellation confirmation on your email address.
Cancel Flight via Phone Call
To cancel the flight over a phone call, passengers can follow the steps jotted down below:
- Call the AiBaltic Cancellation phone number +371 6700 6006.
- Follow the IVR menu to connect with the agent of the airline.
- Once connected with the airline’s agent, tell them about your plans to cancel the flight.
- The airline agent will ask you to provide flight details and booking details.
- Enquire about the cancellation charges and the refund for the cancelled flight.
- Once done with double-checking the information, make the confirmation to cancel the flight.
- The airline will share the cancellation confirmation on your registered contact details.
Cancel the Flight at the Airport
In case you want to proceed with the cancellation of your flight from the airport, then you can adhere to the steps below:
- Ensure to visit the airline a few hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- Once you reach the airport, locate the reservation/support desk of the airline.
- Wait until your turn arrives to connect with the customer care executive of the agent.
- Ask the agent to proceed with the cancellation policy on your behalf.
- Share all the flight and booking details with the agent of the airline.
- Once the agent completes the cancellation policy, a confirmation mail will be shared on your registered email address.
Charges to Cancel Flight with AirBaltic
The airline charges a cancellation fee to change the flight with the airline.
- The AirBaltic cancellation fee may range between 50-125 EUR, depending on the type of fare.
- The airline charges a non-refundable fee of 19.99 for the passenger who opts to cancel your booking and receive a complete refund for their ticket in the form of a gift card.
Flight Cancellation Option
- You can purchase this service when booking GREEN and GREEN plus tickets on airBaltic.com or via the Call centre.
- This service allows passengers to get a full refund for their entire booking, including flight, taxes, fuel surcharge, and other extras bought with the flight ticket (excluding partner services). The refund is provided in the form of an AirBaltic gift card.
- For round-trip tickets with cancellation protection purchased for only one direction, if that direction is cancelled, the value of the remaining portion will be recalculated to the price of a one-way ticket, and the difference will be refunded.
- If you’ve booked a round-trip flight and flown one way but need to cancel the return, the used portion’s value will be adjusted to a one-way ticket’s price, and the difference will be refunded.
- In a booking with multiple passengers, passengers who bought cancellation protection can cancel their flight individually.
- When cancellation protection is added to a booking paid with an AirBaltic Club flight e-voucher, cancelled booking components like airport taxes and additional services are refunded through a gift card. A new AirBaltic Club flight e-voucher of the same type will also be issued. These new vouchers are valid for one year.
If AirBaltic cancels my flight, what are my options?
The airline provides you with the following options:
1. Opt for a different route, if available, to reach your destination on the same day.
2. Select an alternative destination.
3. Change the flight date.
4. Obtain a refund in the form of a gift card.
5. Claim a refund, which will be processed using the same payment method for the ticket purchase.
What is the deadline to cancel an international flight with AirBaltic?
The airline allows the passenger to cancel the flight up to 72 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.