Life is very unpredictable, we cannot assume what is going to happen and when. So it is always wise of us to spend some extra money on flights to get a refundable ticket. But even if you bought a non-refundable fare and for some reason want to cancel your flight, then no worries. Aeromexico cancellation policy got your back. Whether you have a refundable or non-refundable flight, the airline will provide you with the best solution.
What is Aeromexico Cancellation Policy?
The airline offers a very flexible and understanding cancellation policy. Let’s check why;
- The airline does not charge any cancellation fee for the first business. Premium economy, or economy class. However, this is only applicable to domestic and short-haul international flight routes.
- You can apply for flight cancellation only if you booked your flight via the airline’s official website, customer service, or airport counter.
- The airline will compensate you if your flight gets canceled from the airline’s end.
- If you cancel your flight ticket after (1 day) 24 hours of booking, then the airline will charge you a flight cancellation fee. The fees will be up to $200 per passenger per direction.
Various Methods to Cancel Aeromexico Flight
If you booked your initial flight with Aeromexico, then you can use various ways to cancel the itinerary. The ways with their step-by-step procedure are given below;
Aeromexico Cancel Flight Online Process
The online flight cancellation process can be tricky and confusing if you are not aware of the steps. But no anymore. In the below-given points, you can check out the steps and move ahead.
- Go to Aeromexico’s official website and tap on the “Log in” section. This option will typically flash on the top right corner of the page.
- Then, you will see some blank spaces, where you will have to enter your email address and password.
- After that, click on the “Login” button.
- If you are not seeing any of these options that means you do not have an account. In that case, you will have to create one. You can do this by clicking on the “Create Account” button.
- Once you’re logged in, tap on the “My Trips” tab/option. This will be at the top menu bar.
- You will see a list that will show all your upcoming flights. Select the flight you want to cancel.
- Tap on the “Cancel Flight” button flashing below the flight itinerary section.
- Enter your reason for cancellation in the text field.
- Review the cancellation policy and fees. If you feel ok with the terms applied to your ticket, you will have to click on the “Confirm Cancellation” or something similarly labelled button.
- After that, immediately you will receive a confirmation email. The email will consist of all the details of your cancellation.
Calling Customer Care Center
Another easy way to cancel your flight from the comfort of your home is calling mode.
- Call the Aeromexico customer service number as per your region. If you are in Mexico, then you can call (55) 5133 4000, and if you are in the USA then 1 800 237 6639.
- Have your booking information ready, which includes your flight number, date of travel, and passenger names.
- Explain to the customer service representative that you want to cancel your flight right away.
- The customer service representative will ask you for your reason for cancellation.
- The customer service representative will also discuss the cancellation policy and fees with you.
- If you agree to the terms and conditions of the cancellation policy, then the customer representative will cancel your flight ticket and immediately issue a refund or credit voucher whichever is applicable to your fare.
- Soon, after completion of the cancellation procedure, you will receive a flight cancellation confirmation mail on your registered email id.
You can also visit the airport to cancel your flight. All the steps that you will have to follow are given below;
- Go to the Aeromexico check-in counter at the airport with all your flight-related documents.
- There you will see an agent at the counter desk who will assist you with all sorts of procedures and solutions.
- You just have to tell the agent the reason for your approach and cancelling the flight.
- The agent will check out the cancellation policy of your ticket.
- Then he/she will tell you about the cancellation fee.
- If you are ok with the fee, you can proceed further.
- After paying for the flight cancellation, the agent will confirm the success of the procedure.
Note: If the airline cancels your flight, then you can easily book your flight again.
What is Aeromexico 24 hours flight cancellation policy?
Aeromexico has a 24-hour cancellation policy for flights booked on its website or app. Under this policy, you can cancel your flight within 24 hours of purchase without any cancellation fee and receive a full refund, provided your departure date is at least 7 days or more from the time of cancellation.
What is the Aeromexico cancellation policy for group booking?
Group fares are not eligible for the 24-hour cancellation policy. If you cancel your group booking after 24 hours of booking, you will be subject to a cancellation fee of approx 20% of the total booking price. To know the actual fee amount, it is advisable to contact the airline’s customer service at (55) 5133 4000.