Set your worries adrift as we navigate the Kuwait Airways Cancellation Policy, a voyage into convenience and flexibility. We all know that life’s journey is full of unexpected twists, and even the air carrier understands that plans may need to change. With the flight cancellation policy of the airline, you can hold the compass to adaptability, ensuring that your travel experience remains as smooth as a gentle breeze. Whether the winds of change lead you to reschedule, reroute, or refund, the airline is there to assist you in navigating these waters with you. So, as we soar through the cancellation policy details, rest assured that your journey with the airline will be anchored in ease and understanding.
Guidelines Under the Kuwait Airways Cancellation Policy
Before starting with the airline’s cancellation policy, passengers must look at certain sets of guidelines. Following these guidelines makes using the cancellation policy easier and more convenient.
Here are the guidelines of the Kuwait Airways Cancellation Policy
- Irrespective of the fare type, all the fares directly bought from the airline are eligible to follow the cancellation policy. Whether you’ve bought a refundable or non-refundable ticket directly from the airline’s reservation channels, you must follow their cancellation policy.
- The respective third-party agent must be contacted for the bookings made with third-party websites of agents.
- Cancellations made within the risk-free period, i.e. within 24 hours of booking, are eligible for a full refund. But it’s crucial to note that the flight’s scheduled departure should be after 7 or more days.
- While talking about the refund of the cancelled flight, it may take 7-10 business days to get transferred back to the cardholder’s original payment method.
- The airline’s cancellation policy won’t be applicable on group bookings with more than 8 members.
- If the passenger misses the flight instead of cancelling it, it would be considered a “no-show.” Moreover, the airline will cancel all the continuing and return flights.
- For the “no-show” case, the whole value of the ticket will be forfeited.
- The airline’s cancellation policy will apply to the unused portion of the ticket.
Steps to Cancel Flight with Kuwait Airways
Now you may wonder what are the steps involved in the flight cancellation policy of the airline. The airline makes the flight cancellation policy easier for the passenger by providing
several user-friendly channels for cancellations. More passengers can select any channel and cancel their flight from online to offline.
All the channels and the steps to cancel the flight are jotted below for your reference.
Cancel Flight Online
- On any of your electronic devices, open the official website of the airline at https://www.kuwaitairways.com/en
- An option labelled “Modify or Upgrade” appears on the airline’s homepage. Click on the option.
- Once you click on the option, a window appears on the screen asking about several booking details for retrieving your booking.
- Fill in all the details to retrieve your bookings with the airline.
- Once you retrieve your booking, click on the flight you want to cancel.
- Look out for the option of “Cancel Flight.”
- Don’t forget to check for the applicable cancellation charges and the total refundable amount.
- Once done with checking all the details, confirm and submit the cancellation request to the airline.
- Soon, the airline will share the confirmation for the cancellation on your registered email address.
Cancel Flight via Call Centre
- If you are not comfortable with the online cancellation of the flight, then you can also cancel the flight by contacting the airline’s customer care department.
- Start by dialing the Kuwait Airways Cancellation Phone number 1-201-582-9200.
- Follow the IVR menu of the airline and opt for the option to connect with the live agent.
- Once connected with the airline’s agent, clearly mention your intentions to cancel the flight.
- The agent will then ask you to share all the flight and booking details. Share all the details, including your ticket number and last name, so the agent can retrieve your booking.
- Enquire the cancellation charges and refund for the cancelled flight with the agent.
- Once the airline’s agent completes the Kuwait Airways cancel flight process, you will receive a confirmation on your registered email address.
Cancel the Flight at Airport
- If you prefer to opt for the traditional method of flight cancellation, then you can also cancel the flight at the airport.
- Visit the nearby airport and locate the reservation desk of Kuwait Airways.
- Wait until your turn arrives to talk with the agent of the airline.
- Once your turn arrives, provide the agent with all the flight and booking details.
- Ask the agent to proceed with the cancellation policy on your behalf.
- The airline agent will share the details regarding the cancellation charges and refund for the cancelled flight.
- In case of any doubt or confusion, you can seek assistance from the airline’s agent.
Charges To Cancel Flight with Kuwait Airways
The Kuwait Airways Cancellation fee may vary depending on factors like the type of ticket, time of cancellation and the route on which the flight was scheduled.
- The air carrier will charge a cancellation fee of $200 for international flights and $125 for all domestic flights.
- You won’t be subject to a cancellation fee if you cancel within 24 hours of booking, provided that your purchase was made at least 7 days before the departure date.
- If your cancellation occurs after the initial 24 hours but still within 7 days of your flight’s departure, a fee equivalent to 50% of the fare will apply.
What are my options if Kuwait Airways cancels my flight?
Suppose the airline cancels your booked flight due to any unavoidable and unexpected situation. In that case, you can take a complete refund from the airline or ask them to rebook another available flight. Rebooking, in this case, can be done without any extra payable charges.
What is the deadline to cancel the flight with Kuwait Airways?
The deadline to cancel the flight may vary depending on the fare type. It’s always better to contact the airline’s agent to seek information about your fare and eligibility to cancel your flight.