With Ethiopian Airlines Cancellation Policy, you can take off on a journey of flexibility and peace. As the winds of adventure change, the airline understands that plans can take unexpected turns. So the airline’s cancellation policy has been made to assist passengers when they cancel their flights. Additionally, cancelling a flight can save much money compared to being a “no-show.”
Terms and Conditions of Ethiopian Airlines Cancellation Policy
You can use the cancellation policy if you have booked a flight with Ethiopian and want to cancel it because of unavoidable and unexpected changes. However, the airline’s cancellation policy has certain terms and conditions that passengers must abide by to proceed with a hassle-free cancellation.
- The airfare undergoing cancellation must be directly bought from the airline. Irrespective of the channel, all the fares bought directly from the airline are eligible to undergo a cancellation policy.
- Another crucial thing to note is that the cancellation must be made through the same ticket booking channel. Let’s say; for example, if you have used the airline’s official website to book the airfare, you must use the official website to cancel the flight.
- From the initial booking timing, the airline allows the passenger to cancel the flight up to 1 hour before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- Regardless of the fare type, the airline won’t charge any cancellation fees if the passenger completes the cancellation within 24 hours of booking. So, to claim a full refund, the airline passenger must cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking.
- If the passenger opts to miss the flight instead of cancelling it, then the whole value of the ticket will be forfeited.
Steps to Cancel a Flight with Ethiopian Airlines
While talking about the steps for Ethiopian Airlines to cancel the flight process, it can’t be denied that the airline has taken every needful step to make it easier for the passengers when they cancel their flight. The airline has provided passengers several choices while opting for the cancellation window.
To learn more about the steps to cancel the flight with the airline, passengers can refer to the points mentioned below:
Cancel Flight on the Website
To cancel the flight via online mode using the official website of the airline, the passenger can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Pay a visit to the official website of the airline.
- Scroll for the option “Manage Bookings.”
- Once you click on the option, you can see empty fields.
- Fill in the field with the booking reference and last name of the passenger to retrieve all the details of all the flights booked with the airline.
- Choose the flight you want to cancel and click the “Cancel Flight” button.
- Once the airline makes the cancellation, a confirmation email will be shared with you on your registered email address.
Cancel the Flight through Service Centre
Passengers having difficulty cancelling a flight online can also opt to cancel the flight by contacting the airline’s customer care executive. Cancelling a flight over a phone call includes these steps:
- Dial the Ethiopian Airlines Cancellation phone number 1 (800) 445-2733.
- Follow the IVR menu to connect with the customer care executive of the airline.
- Once connected with the customer care executive, share all the booking details with the agent.
- Convey your intentions to cancel the flight clearly to the airline’s agent.
- Most importantly, enquire about the cancellation charges and the refund for the cancelled flight.
- Once the Ethiopian Airlines cancel flight process is done from the end of the passenger, a confirmation mail will be shared with you.
Cancel the Flight at the Airport
If you arrive early at the airport or you are the one who always picks up the old traditional method of cancellation, then you can cancel the flight at the airport.
- Locate and visit the reservation or support desk of the airline at the airport.
- Wait until your turn arrives to talk with the agent.
- You must have your booking and flight details as the agent will ask them to retrieve your booking.
- Once the agent retrieves your booking, ask them to cancel the flight.
- The agent may provide you with a cancellation form to fill out and submit it back to the agent.
- Once the agent finishes the cancellation process on your behalf, you will receive an email or message regarding the flight cancellation.
- Don’t leave without enquiring about the cancellation charges and the amount of refund you will receive to cancel your flight.
Note: In addition to the cancellation charges the airline may also charge a service fee if you cancel the flight at the airport before the scheduled departure.
Ethiopian Airlines Flight Cancellation Fees
- The Ethiopian Airlines cancellation fee may vary depending on the time of cancellation and fare type.
- The airline may deduct 20-50% of the total fare prices depending on the cancellation time.
- All cancellations made within 24 hours, or bookings can be cancelled for a full refund with any cancellation charges.
- The sooner the departure time gets closer, the higher the charges to cancel the flight.
- If the passenger doesn’t cancel the flight and the booked seat remains empty throughout the journey, then the whole value of the fare will be forfeited.
How late can I cancel an international flight with Ethiopian Airlines?
The airline allows the cancellation of international flights up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight. However, there might be cancellation charges associated if you cancel it after the risk-free window.
What should I do if Ethiopian Airlines cancels my flight?
If your booked flight was cancelled by the airline itself, then you can claim a refund from the airline. Apart from the refund, you can also ask the airline to rebook another flight for your trip.