Life brims with unforeseen shifts, even in travel. But the good news is your travel plans will not fall in any situation. Let’s delve into EgyptAir cancellation policy for effortless adjustments: refunds, rescheduling – minus the fuss. Craft travel plans seamlessly, sans stress. Embrace change’s role, moulding your journey akin to dreams. Travel assured, change as your steadfast companion.
An Overview of Egyptair Cancellation Policy
Below is a brief overview of the cancellation policy. The overview will provide you with a brief of what to expect from the airline regarding flight cancellation.
- In case your flight is cancelled, delayed, or disrupted due to reasons within the airline’s control, the air carrier offers the following alternatives:
- Accept the next available flight without any extra charges.
- Extend your ticket’s validity for future travel.
- Choose an alternate flight from another airline, subject to availability.
- Request a full refund for the unused part of your ticket.
- A complete refund is available without penalties if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of purchase. Some conditions apply:
- The flight should be directly booked with EgyptAir.
- The flight’s route must involve travel to or from the US.
- For delays of 5 hours or more on EgyptAir flights:
- You can receive a full refund for the unused portion of your ticket within 7 days.
- Changing the departure point is possible without extra charges.
- In the unfortunate event of the passing of a family member within 90 days before your trip:
- Cancellation of your ticket is allowed, with a full refund.
- A valid death certificate must be provided to the airline.
- Refunds are issued to the passenger’s estate through the original payment method.
- Submitting the flight cancellation form during the risk-free period exempts you from EgyptAir cancellation charges.
Steps to Cancel Flight with Egyptair
The airlines take extra steps to ensure their passengers are comfortable and easy even while cancelling the booked flights. The airline has prepared several windows for passengers to cancel the online and offline flights.
Cancel the Flight Online via the website
Adhere to the steps mentioned below if you want to cancel your flight online
- Open your web browser and navigate to the official EgyptAir website.
- Once on the homepage, locate the “My Booking” section.
- Enter your unique booking reference and the passenger’s last name in the designated field.
- Once you are done filling in the information, you can see your booked flight on the screen.
- From the bookings, choose the flight that you want to cancel. Now click on the “Cancel Flight” button.
- Wait a while and review the applicable cancellation charges and the refund amount.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Egyptair Cancel flight process.
- Once you complete the process, the airline will share the cancellation confirmation on your registered email address.
Cancel Flight via Phone Call
If you cannot cancel your flight on the airline’s official website, you have the option to cancel it by getting in touch with the airline’s customer support via phone.
- Dial the EgyptAir cancellation phone number +1 212 581 5600 to contact the airline’s representative.
- Choose your preferred language for the interaction.
- Ask the agent to complete the flight cancellation form.
- Provide passenger details, including name, age, booking number, etc.
- Review and submit the form with help from customer service.
- Once done with the cancellation, the airline will share the confirmation on your registered email address.
Cancel the Flight at the Airport
Passengers who have already arrived at the airport can cancel the flight by following the steps mentioned below:
- Locate the nearest ticket office through their website or customer service.
- Visit the ticket office during their working hours.
- Speak with a representative and explain your need to cancel a flight.
- Provide your booking details, including booking reference or e-ticket number.
- Inquire about eligibility for a refund or applicable cancellation fees.
- If you are satisfied with the refund amount, ask the agent to initiate the cancellation process.
- Request a cancellation receipt or confirmation from the ticket office.
Cancellation Policy as per the Fare Type
The airline’s cancellation policy varies depending on the fare type that the passenger bought from the airline. Below is a brief description of the cancellation policy for various fares.
Economy Good Deal
- The airline allows flight cancellation but with certain restrictions for the economy and good deal fares.
- These fares are non-refundable, so the airline may not provide a refund for the cancelled flight.
- A cancellation charge may apply to cancel the fare.
- Similarly, like the economy good deal, economy flex is also eligible to undergo the Egyptair Cancel flight process but with certain restrictions.
- However, the economy flex fare is eligible for a refund from the airline after the flight cancellation.
- The Business Platinum fares can be cancelled as per the cancellation policy. Adding to this further, the airline refunds the airfare cancellation.
- There are nominal cancellation charges associated with the cancellation of business platinum fares.
Egyptair 24 hours Cancellation Policy
The airline can provide a full refund for all the flights cancelled within 24 hours of booking. However, to claim a full refund from the airline, the passenger must abide by the below-mentioned criteria:
- Flights must have their origin or destination in the US.
- The flight ticket must be issued with the ticket number 077.
- The cancellation request must be made at least seven days before the scheduled departure to be eligible for a full refund.
- Egyptair’s 24-hour cancellation policy covers both refundable and non-refundable fares.
- Non-refundable tickets can be fully refunded within 24 hours of purchase.
- Exclusions for Last-Minute Bookings:
- The 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply to tickets booked within six days before the scheduled departure.
- Tickets booked on the same day as the departure are not covered under EgyptAir’s 24-hour cancellation policy.
Charges to Cancel Flight with Egyptair
The charges to cancel a flight with the airline depend on the fare type and the time of flight cancellation. However, all the flex fares of the airline can be cancelled without cancellation fees. The cancellation charges for the other airfare may range from $100-$200 depending on their terms and conditions.
Moreover, the charges will change depending on the airline’s cancellation policy. So it is always better to contact the airline’s customer care executive or reservation department to confirm the airline’s cancellation charges.
What happens if I miss my Egyptair flight instead of cancelling it?
If the passenger turns out to miss the flight instead of cancelling it, then the airline will consider them as a “no-show.” In the case of a “no-show,” the whole value of the fare will be forfeited.
Can I cancel my flight 5 hours prior to the departure?
No, you can’t cancel the flight 5 hours before the flight’s departure. The airline permits the cancellation of flights only upto 48 hours before the flight’s departure.