Every journey brings a lot of memorable moments. However, unexpected ups and downs can occur during air travel. These ups and downs during air travel require flexible travel plans. Brussels Airlines cancellation policy is designed in such a way that offers adaptability and flexibility to the passenger. Your journey might take a different path, but with the airline’s help, your ultimate destination remains unchanged: happiness.
An Overview of Brussels Airlines Cancellation Policy
The airline has released a set of certain rules and regulations that passengers must abide by before proceeding with the cancellation policy.
- Following the airline’s cancellation policy, passengers can cancel their reservations without any charges within 24 hours of the booking. Both online and offline bookings qualify for the free cancellation portal. However, ensuring that cancellations are processed through the original booking channel is crucial.
- If the 24-hour window for free cancellation is missed, the airline will charge a nominal fee. The timing of the cancellation determines the amount of the cancellation fee.
- Those who have made bookings as part of a group must connect with the group booking department to make cancellations.
- Refunds offered by the airline apply solely to the base ticket fare. In cases where passengers have upgraded their seats and subsequently decide to cancel, the refund eligibility for the upgrade may vary.
- When reservations are made through travel agents, the passenger must contact the third-party representative to cancel the flight. The airline is not responsible for cancelling bookings through a third-party agency.
Steps to Cancel the Flight with Brussels Airlines
The airline provides several cancellation channels, making it easier for passengers. You can refer to the points below if you want to cancel the flight with the airline.
Cancel Flight Online
To cancel the flight using the online mode passenger can adhere to the steps mentioned below:
- Start by accessing the main website of the airline.
- On the website’s homepage, check for “Plan & Manage.”
- From the drop-down menu, select the option of “Retrieve Booking.”
- Have your booking reference number and last name ready.
- The flight details will appear on the screen.
- Look for the cancellation option and click on it.
- The airline will let you know if you can cancel and proceed.
- Fill out the refund form immediately.
- Your tickets will be cancelled quickly.
- You’ll receive an email and a call to confirm the cancellation.
Cancel Flight via Phone Call
To cancel the flight a phone call, the passenger can follow the steps jotted down below:
- Call on the Brussels Airlines flight cancellation phone number 866-308-2230 (United States).
- Follow the IVR menu to connect with the live agent of the airline.
- Inform the agent of your intentions to cancel the flight.
- Provide all the booking and flight details to the agent.
- Enquire with the agent about the cancellation charges and the refund for the cancelled flight.
- Double-check all the information shared with the airline.
- The confirmation for flight cancellation will be shared on the registered email address.
Cancel the Flight at the Airport
If you have already reached the airport, you can still proceed with the Brussels Airlines Cancel flight process. Follow these steps to cancel a flight at the airport.
- Locate the reservation/support desk at the airport.
- Wait until you get the chance to speak with the customer care executive.
- Share all the flight and booking details with the agent.
- Once done with the cancellation, the agent will share the confirmation on the registered email address.
Charges to Cancel Flight with Brussels Airlines
Depending on the fare type, the airline may charge cancellation fees if the passenger cancels the flight outside the risk-free window.
- All the bookings made with the Basic fare for Economy Light, Economy Classic or Economy Saver options can cancel their tickets for a cancellation fee of approximately EUR 70.
- Remember that the airline may charge service charges if the passenger cancels the flight over a phone call or at the airport.
- The charges to cancel the flight may range between 100-300 EUR to cancel the flight on intercontinental journeys.
- Notably, the cancellation charges for international prices are much higher than for domestic flights.
- To cancel the round-trip, a cancellation fee of 140 EUR is applicable.
- If the passenger chooses to miss the flight instead of cancelling it, the airline will consider the passenger a “no-show.”
What are my options if Brussels Airlines cancels my flight?
In case your booking with the airline is cancelled by the airline, then the airline may provide you with another available flight to Reebok without any additional charges. Further, passengers can also claim a full refund from the airline.
Can I cancel my flight 30 minutes before the departure with Brussels Airlines?
No, the airline doesn’t allow the passenger to cancel the flight 30 minutes before the scheduled flight’s departure. Passengers must ensure to cancel the flight atleast 72 hours before the scheduled departure.