Planning to take off on a journey stirs excitement, but what if the unexpected takes flight? Austrian Airlines Cancellation Policy navigates the labyrinth of uncertainties. How do airlines chart a course for passenger ease in today’s dynamic world, where change is constant? Let’s delve into intricacies. Can plans evolve without the turbulence of fees? What if any last-minute changes in the plan occur? Don’t worry. The airline’s cancellation policy has your back even though your travel plans are not in your favour.
What are the key points of Austrian Airlines Cancellation Policy?
Before we delve into the airline’s cancellation policy, there are certain key points a passenger must abide by to make the cancellation policy hassle-free.
- Passengers have flexibility when booking flights. They can cancel any valid ticket for free within 24 hours of booking.
- The cancellation policy can only be followed by the passenger purchasing fares directly from the reservation channels of the airline. For third-party bookings, the third-party agent is reliable for cancelling the booked flights.
- Make sure to book your tickets at least 7 days before your flight. This gives the airline enough time to handle any changes.
- The airline suggests the passenger cancel the ticket booking from the same source or channel they used for booking.
- The air carrier doesn’t provide any discount for babies or pets regarding cancellation fees. You’ll need to pay the full amount to get your refund.
- The airline’s cancellation policy varies depending on the type of fare provided by the airline and the time of flight cancellation.
- The airline only accepts the cancellation requests made 2 hours before the scheduled flight’s departure.
- Cancellations involving children or infants will incur charges based on the discounted fare, which includes taxes and additional fees. Refunds will not be provided for any unused portions of the journey.
- It’s important to note that there are no extra discounts specifically for children or infants regarding Austrian Airlines Cancellation fees.
- The payment for cancellation fees can only be made using the approved payment methods. Unfortunately, no reductions will be applied to these cancellation charges.
- Any reservations made for extra services, such as transporting pets or sports equipment, are non-refundable.
- The airline advises the passenger to use the purchase of travel cancellation insurance. You can visit the European Travel Insurance link to learn more about it.
Steps to Cancel a Flight with Austrian Airlines
Given the wide array of choices available, passengers have the flexibility to cancel their tickets through various methods.
Cancel Flight Online
Follow these steps to cancel the flight online with the airline.
- Go to the official website of Austrian Airlines.
- Find the language option on the far right and select your language.
- Click on the option “Book” on the airline’s homepage.
- From the drop-down menu, select the option of “My Bookings.”
- Log in using your PNR number and name.
- In the “Manage Booking” section, click “Flight Cancellation.”
- Check the displayed cancellation charges.
- Fill out the refund form provided by the airline.
- The airline will share the cancellation confirmation on your registered email address.
Cancel Flight via Phone Call
In case you want to make cancellations through phone call, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Contact the local airline help centre by calling the Austrian Airlines Cancellation phone number +43 1 70148 1000.
- An assigned executive will guide you through the cancellation process.
- Provide the flight and PNR numbers for the representative to access your flight details.
- Clearly state the reason for the cancellation.
- The representative will check your eligibility and inform you of applicable cancellation charges.
- If payment has been made, the representative will proceed with the cancellation and help you fill out the refund form. The agent can also deduct the cancellation charges from the refundable amount.
Cancel the Flight at the Airport
If you arrive at the airport a few hours before the flight’s departure, you want to cancel the flight due to sudden and unexpected changes. Still, you can proceed with the cancellation policy through the reservation counter at the airport.
- Located and headed to the Austrian Airlines Ticket Center at the Airport.
- Wait until the customer support executive approaches you for assistance.
- Share all the booking and flight details with the airline’s agent to retrieve your bookings.
- Clearly state the reason for needing the cancellation and consider bringing supporting documents.
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, your ticket will be cancelled, and a prompt refund will be initiated.
Note: To cancel the flight through the reservation desk at the airport, you may have to pay the applicable service fee.
Charges to Cancel Flight with Austrian Airlines
- Charges per passenger for adults, children, and infants per flight segment, with a minimum of €30.00 (no minimum for infants).
- 10% of the fare for cancellation up to 30 days before travelling.
- If cancelling from the 29th to the 20th day before travelling, the airline charges 25% of the fare (including taxes and charges).
- From the 19th to the 10th day before travelling: 50% of the fare (including taxes and charges).
- 65% of the fare for the cancellations made from the 9th to the 4th day before travelling
- From the 3rd to the 2nd day before travelling, 85% of the fare (including taxes and charges).
- In case of cancellations made 1 hour before the scheduled departure, the airline will forfeit the whole ticket value.
Note: The airline will include taxes and charges for the cancellation fee mentioned earlier.
Remote Sales Cancellation Guidelines
If you’ve purchased through remote sales methods like phone or online (without being physically present), there are specific rules for cancellation. Here’s what you need to know:
- You have the right to cancel the transaction within 14 days from either the date of the transaction or the date you receive a document confirming the purchase, whichever comes later.
- This cancellation period can’t extend beyond 7 days before the service is supposed to begin.
- The cancellation right applies to transactions involving direct communication with the company through email.
- If you’re a new immigrant, you have an extended cancellation period of four months from the transaction date or from the date you receive confirmation, whichever is later.
- If you’re 65 or older, you get the extended four-month cancellation period.
- Persons with Disabilities: Individuals recognised as disabled as per the Law for Equal Rights for Persons with Disabilities are also eligible for the four-month cancellation period.
- A person is living in Israel within the first five years after receiving an immigration visa or eligibility certificate.
- An individual meets the disability criteria according to the Law for Equal Rights for Persons with Disabilities.
Refund and Cancellation Fee:
- If you cancel and are eligible, you’ll receive a refund.
- The cancellation fee is either 5% of the transaction amount or N.I.S 100, whichever is lower.