Discover the realm of Air Mauritius Cancellation Policy, your key to stress-free adjustments and travel flexibility. Even the airline understands that travel plans can witness curveballs, and when your travel plans need a pivot, the airline’s cancellation policy comes into play. No matter whether you are responding to unexpected events or tweaking your travel schedule, navigating the process with Air Mauritius is effortless. Come along on this voyage where your travel choices take centre stage in the airline’s missing to prioritise your preferences.
A Guide to Air Mauritius Cancellation Policy
If you have a booking with Air Mauritius, but in case your plans have changed, then you can use the cancellation policy. With the airline’s cancellation policy, you can get a refund for your cancelled flight. However, certain things still decide your eligibility for flight cancellation and refund.
Here are all the important points briefing about the airline’s cancellation policy.
- Following the airline’s cancellation policy, irrespective of the fare type, all cancellations made within 24 hours of booking are eligible for a full refund from the airline.
- The airline provides a full refund only if the reservation is made 7 days before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- In the case of dual bookings, the cancellation can be made 72 hours before the flight’s departure.
- For round-trip bookings, passengers can cancel a one-way trip without additional charges.
- The airfare bought directly from the reservation channels of the airline can undergo the cancellation process. The respected agent must be contacted for bookings with a third-party agency or website.
- The cancellation must be made through the original booking source.
- A flight cancellation fee is applicable for all cancellations made after 24 hours of booking.
Steps To Cancel Flight with Air Mauritius
The airline provides cancellation through various channels to make the process easier and hassle-free. Passengers can cancel the flight via the website, service centre number or directly at the airport.
Cancel Flight Online via Website
- Visit the official website of the airline at https://www.airmauritius.com/
- On the website’s homepage, select “Manage Booking.”
- Once you click the option, the airline may ask you for certain details, including the booking reference number and the passenger’s last name.
- Fill in all the necessary details to retrieve your bookings with the airline.
- After retrieving the booking, select one of the flight segments you want to cancel.
- Now, search for the “Cancel Flight” button and click on it.
- Check for the applicable cancellation charges and the refundable amount.
- Once done with the cancellation, the airline will share the confirmation on your registered email address.
Cancel Flight on a phone call
- Dial the Air Mauritius Cancellation phone number +230 6033030 to connect with the customer care executive of the airline.
- Once you get connected with the customer care agent of the airline, share all the reservation and booking details with the agent.
- Once the agent retrieves your booking, ask them to proceed with the Air Mauritius Flight cancel process on your behalf.
- Enquire about the cancellation charges and the refund for the cancelled flight.
- Once the agent completes the cancellation process, the airline will share the confirmation on your registered email address.
Cancel the Flight at the Airport
- Visit the nearest airport and locate the reservation/support desk of the airline.
- Get in touch with the customer care executive of the airline to proceed with the cancellation process.
- Ensure you keep all the bookings and flight details ready to share with the airline’s agent.
- Check for the applicable cancellation charges and the total refund for the airfare cancellation.
Air Mauritius 24-hour Cancellation Policy
Passengers can enjoy peace of mind with the Air Mauritius cancellation fee window, which guarantees their right to cancel without incurring any charges. The 24-hour cancellation policy can help the passengers waive the cancellation charges and receive a full refund for the booking.
- If passengers cancel their bookings within the first 24 hours of making them, the air carrier will not impose a fine. However, a small cancellation fee will apply if this timeframe is missed.
- During the booking process, passengers can easily check whether their tickets qualify for free cancellation. In some exceptional cases, the airline allows last-minute cancellations at no cost.
- Rest assured, Air Mauritius has your convenience regarding cancellations, making your travel experience smoother and more flexible.
Charges to Cancel Flight with Air Mauritius
- If you buy a non-refundable airfare, you won’t be able to claim a refund if you cancel your flight. The amount you have to pay if you cancel depends on the type of ticket you bought and when you cancel. Usually, this fee can be anywhere from 25% to 50% of what you paid for the ticket, so it’s important to think before you cancel.
- If you cancel your flight at the last minute, you might have to pay more, like $100 to $200 extra.
- Also, if you want to cancel your ticket over the phone or in person at the airline’s office, there will be an extra charge, usually between $50 and $70.
- Using the airline’s cancellation policy can be easy and flexible, but only if you know the cancellation charges and the airfare policy you bought.
What if I miss my flight with Air Mauritius instead of cancelling it?
If the passenger misses the flight instead of cancelling it, then the whole value of the fare will be forfeited. The airline will not provide any refund to the passenger.
What is the deadline to cancel a flight with Air Mauritius?
The deadline to cancel the airfare and claim a refund from the airline varies from fare to fare. Passengers can check the terms and conditions of the airfare or simply get in touch with the customer care executive of the airline to check the eligibility of their airfare.
What are my options if Air Mauritius cancels my flight?
The air carrier may cancel your flight due to some unavoidable reasons. In cases where the airline cancels the flight, the passenger can either opt for rebooking or claim a refund from the airline. The airline provides both the rebooking and refund options.