Unlocking the door to hassle-free travel, the Air Canada Cancellation Policy is your ideal airline for flexibility. Delve into a world where altering or bidding farewell to your flight is as effortless as plotting your next adventure. In the following write-up, we’ll delve into everything regarding the cancellation’s terms and conditions and the step-by-step process of cancelling the flight.
Rules and Regulations of the Air Canada Cancellation Policy
The airline’s cancellation policy comes with a set of regulations and guidelines. Presented below are the comprehensive rules and regulations associated with the cancellation policy. All the information related to the cancellation policy mentioned below offers a brief understanding of the fare eligibility and the appropriate steps to undertake when initiating flight cancellations.
- The first rule of the cancellation policy states that only the fares directly purchased by the airline are eligible to undergo the flight cancellation policy of the airline.
- In case of bookings made with any third-party agency or agent, the airline won’t initiate the cancellation process.
- Irrespective of the fare type and class, all cancellations made within 24 hours of booking are eligible for a full refund from the airline. But remember that you can only receive a full refund if the scheduled departure of the flights is after 7 or more days.
- After the 24-hour window, the airline’s cancellation policy may vary depending on the type of fare passengers bought for their air travel.
- The airline can also cancel following government guidelines due to uncontrollable factors like weather.
- The air carrier cancels only unused or unflown segments of a flight.
- The airline will forfeit the fare value if the passenger misses the flight instead of cancelling it.
- Passengers having basic fares are not eligible for a refund of the cancelled flight.
Cancellation Policy According to the Fare Types
Passengers making cancellations to their flight bookings must look at all the applicable rules and regulations regarding their fares. The rules and regulations to cancel the flight may vary depending on the fare type. To have a better understanding of the cancellation policy as per the fare, you can refer to the information shared below:
For Flights within Canada and to the U.S.
- The airline doesn’t initiate any refund for the Standard and Flex Fare cancellations.
- If the Comfort and Latitude fare of the airline undergoes the Air Canada Cancellation process, the airline can initiate a refund for the cancelled flight.
- Flexible Premium economy and flexible business class fares come with more flexibility. Passengers can claim a refund if the fare is under these classes.
For Flights to the International Destination
- No refund is provided for the cancellation of Basic and Standard fare.
- A nominal cancellation fee may apply to cancel the airline’s flex fare.
- Latitude fares provided by the airline are refundable after the cancellation process.
- A cancellation fee applies to cancel the airline’s premium and business class (lowest) fare.
- Meanwhile, refunds are provided if the passenger cancels the airline’s premium and business class (Flexi) fare.
For Flights to the Sun Destinations
- The airline provides no refund or travel credit for cancelling basic economy fares.
- Only Comfort, Latitude and Business Class (Flexi) fares are eligible for a refund from the airline after the flight cancellation process.
Steps To Cancel Flight with Air Canada
Air Canada allows passengers to cancel the flight through any mode depending on their choice and comfort. However, the airline provides online and offline methods to cancel flights with the airline. You can refer to the steps below to cancel the flight.
Cancel Flight Online
To cancel the flight through the online portal of the airline, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the airline at https://www.aircanada.com/
- An option labelled “Manage Booking” appears on the website’s homepage.
- To access the bookings made with the airline, the passenger has to fill in certain details like the booking ticket/ reference number and the passenger’s last name.
- Once you access the booking, click on the flight booking you want to cancel.
- Search for the “Cancel Flight” button and then click on it.
- Before completing the Air Canada Cancel flight process, check for the applicable cancellation charges and the refund process.
- Once satisfied with the charges and the refund, confirm the cancellation.
- The airline will share the cancellation confirmation on your registered contact details.
Cancel Flight via Phone Call
For making the cancellation process through the service centre of the airline, passengers can follow the steps jotted down below:
- Call the Air Canada Cancellation phone number 1-888-422-7533 (Canada or U.S.).
- Wait until you are connected with the customer care executive of the airline.
- Once connected, share all the contact details with the customer care executive of the airline.
- Ask the airline’s agent to initiate the cancellation process on your behalf.
- Don’t forget to enquire about the cancellation charges and the refund for the cancelled flight with the airline’s agent.
- Once you complete checking all the information and details, confirm the cancellation.
- The agent of the airline will cancel the flight on your behalf.
Cancel the Flight at the Airport
In case you prefer using the old and traditional method of flight cancellation, then you can abide by the steps mentioned below:
- At the airport, locate the customer desk of the airline.
- After connecting with the airline’s agent, you can follow their instructions.
- Start by sharing all the flight and booking details of the airline so that the airline can retrieve your booking.
- Inform the agent of your intentions to cancel the flight.
- Confirm the cancellation charges and the amount of refund for the cancelled flight.
- After completing the cancellation, the airline will share the cancellation confirmation on your registered email address.
Charges to Cancel the Flight
- Air Canada cancellation fee depends on ticket type and cancellation timing.
- Non-refundable tickets: These fares are not eligible for refunds, and cancellation costs a CAD $200 fee.
- Refundable tickets: Can be refunded, subject to cancellation fee based on fare type and cancellation timing.
What if Air Canada cancels my booked flight?
Irrespective of the fare type, all fares are eligible for a refund if directly cancelled by the airline. Apart from the refund, the airline also allows passengers to rebook another available flight at no extra cost.
Can all refundable Air Canada fares be refunded online after cancelling a flight?
Yes, all refundable airfare with the airline will be refunded online after cancelling the flight. Passengers can get in touch with the customer care executive after cancelling the flight.