Life is a tapestry of surprises, and at Air Botswana, the airline has woven flexibility into their cancellation Policy to make your travel experience stress-free. When the unexpected strikes, the cancellation policy becomes your assistant, offering seamless adjustments and options that harmonize with your needs. With Air Botswana, you’re not just booking a ticket but securing peace of mind. Embrace the freedom to reschedule, cancel, or modify your plans effortlessly, and let your desires, not constraints, define your journey. Travel confidently, knowing that Air Botswana Cancellation Policy is here to keep your dreams aloft.
An Overview of Air Botswana Cancellation Policy
Before proceeding further with the airline’s cancellation policy, you must look at the terms and conditions of the airline’s cancellation policy.
- The airline initiates a full refund for cancellations within 24 hours of booking. Irrespective of the fare type, passengers can seek a full refund if they cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking.
- If the passenger cancels the flight after the risk-free portal, i.e., 24 hours after booking, the airline may apply cancellation charges.
- All the fares directly bought from the airline’s reservation desk are eligible to undergo the airline’s cancellation policy.
- For bookings made with third-party agencies or websites, the passenger has to contact the agency’s executive.
- Following the Air Botswana cancel flight process, a flight ticket is like cancelling a plan to travel. This can happen if a passenger doesn’t show up for the flight, if the flight itself gets cancelled or delayed, or if something unexpected stops a passenger from travelling.
- In case the passenger hasn’t used any part of the ticket, you can get a refund for the entire amount you paid for the ticket. However, there might be a service charge or cancellation fee taken from the refund based on the rules of the fare or ticket price.
- The passenger must contact the airline’s group booking department to cancel a group booking with the airline.
- One important point is that the airline’s cancellation policy isn’t rigid and may vary from situation to situation and fare to fare.
Steps to Cancel the Flight with Air Botswana
The airline provides three channels to cancel their flight. Passengers can opt from the website, call center, or the reservation desk at the airport to cancel their flight with the airline.
Cancel Flight via Online Mode
- Start by accessing the main website of the airline at https://airbotswana.co.bw/
- Locate the “Manage Booking” option on the airline’s home page.
- Once you click on the option, the airline may ask you for information like the booking code and the passenger’s last name.
- Fill in all the required credentials to access the bookings made with the airline.
- Once you retrieve your bookings, choose the flight you want to cancel.
- Before cancelling the flight, review all the terms and conditions, cancellation charges and the refund amount.
- Once you confirm to cancel the flight, the airline will share the confirmation on your registered email address.
Cancel Flight via Phone Call
- Call the Air Botswana cancellation phone number at +267 3680 900.
- Wait to connect with the live agent of the airline.
- Once connected with the agent, ask them to proceed with the Air Botswana Cancel flight process on your behalf.
- Keep all the booking and flight details ready because the airline agent will ask for the details to retrieve and cancel your bookings.
- Enquire about the applicable cancellation charges and the refund for the cancelled flight.
- Ensure to double-check before submitting the final request to cancel your flight.
- Once done with cross-verification, ask the agent to confirm the cancellation.
- Soon the airline will share confirmation of cancellation on your registered contact details.
Cancel the Flight at the Airport
- Visit the nearby airport.
- Locate the reservation/support desk of the airline.
- Talk with the live agent on the support desk of the airline and ask them to cancel the bookings.
- The agent will inform you regarding the cancellation charges and the refund for the cancelled flight.
- Once done with seeking all the necessary information, confirm the cancellation.
- The airline will share the confirmation of cancellation on your registered email address.
Air Botswana’s 24-hours Cancellation Policy
- Air Botswana’s 24-Hour Cancellation Policy applies to all types of tickets purchased from the airline. However, there are still some exceptions, like flexible fares of the airline.
- The cancellation made within 24 hours is eligible for a full refund from the airline. However, the airline may deduct the BWP400 admin fee + VAT.
Charges to Cancel Flight with Air Botswana
The charges to cancel a flight with the airline vary depending on the fare type and the cancellation time. A general representation of the cancellation charges is given below to provide you with the reference to cancel flight.
- Cancellations made 24 hours or more before scheduled departure: Free of charge.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of scheduled departure: The fee of BWP100 per passenger is a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made 7 days or more before scheduled departure: Free of charge.
- Cancellations made within 7 days of scheduled departure: The fee of BWP200 per passenger is a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of scheduled departure: The fee of BWP500 per passenger is a cancellation fee.
- Cancellations made 14 days or more before scheduled departure: Free of charge.
- Cancellations made within 14 days of scheduled departure: The fee of BWP300 per passenger is a cancellation fee.
How late can you cancel an International flight with Air Botswana?
The airline allows the passenger to cancel the flight up to 24 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight.
What are my options if Air Botswana cancels my flight?
In case the flight is cancelled by the airline, then the passenger can either request a full refund from the airline. Apart from the refund, the passenger can also rebook another available flight as the airline can rebook available flights without any charges.
What happens if I don’t cancel my flight and eventually miss it?
If the passenger misses the flight instead of cancelling it, the passenger will be considered a “no-show”. Moreover, the whole value of the airfare will be forfeited.