Discover peace of mind with the WestJet cancellation policy! Whether it’s a last-minute change or a shift in your travel needs, the airline’s policy covers you. Bid farewell to all the worries and hello to hassle-free travel! Experience the freedom to modify or cancel your booking without any last moment surprises. Embrace the convenience, embrace the ease and count on new memories.
What are the Terms and Conditions of WestJet Cancellation Policy?
Here is the list of all the terms and conditions associated with the airline’s cancellation policy that you must look at before cancelling your booked flight. You can understand your eligibility to cancel the flight with the airline through these terms and conditions.
- As per the airline’s cancellation policy, all Econo, EconoFlex, Premium and Business Fares are entitled to a one-time waiver for cancellation.
- You cannot use the flight cancellation policy if you have a basic fare.
- All cancellations are permitted from the initial time of booking up to 24 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- The airline initiates the refund for the unused fare portion once the passenger completes the cancellation.
- The airline initiates the refund to the passenger’s Travel Bank Credit.
- For the cancellation of PremiumFlex and BusinessFlex fares, the airline will transfer the refund into the source account.
- The airline’s cancellation policy allows the passenger to cancel the flight up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
Methods to Cancel Flight on WestJet Airlines
The airline ensures to make things easily accessible and more convenient for the passengers. Even if it’s about cancelling the flight, the airline assists the passenger with some best windows to cancel the flight.
Cancelling a flight online can be the best option for passengers who prefer comfort over anything else. Apart from the online portal, you can contact the airline’s customer care executive or visit the nearby airport to cancel your flight.
Here are the steps for all the cancellation methods of the airline
Cancel Flight Online
- To cancel a flight online, visit the official website of the airline.
- On the website’s home page, search for the option of “Manage Trips.”
- A drop-down menu appears on the screen after you click the option of “Manage Trips.”
- From the drop-down menu, select the option of “Manage Flights.”
- To find your trip, fill in the reservation code and the last name on the itinerary.
- After filling in the required details, the list of bookings you make will appear on the screen.
- Choose the flight that you want to cancel.
- Search for the “Cancel Flight” option on the page and click on it.
- Review all the details to confirm the flight cancellation.
- Check for the applicable cancellation charges and the refund for the unused fare portion.
Cancel Flight via Phone Call
- Call on the WestJet Airlines cancellation phone numbers 1-866-666-6224 (For Canada Only), 1-403-444-2581 (Outside Canada).
- Follow the IVR menu to connect with the customer care executive of the airline.
- Once connected with the live agent of the airline, clearly inform about your intention to cancel the flight.
- The airline agent can initiate the WestJet cancel flight process on your behalf.
- Share all the booking and flight details with the agent.
- Confirm the applicable cancellation charges and whether you are eligible for a refund.
- Recheck all the information before confirming the cancellation.
- Once done, you will receive a confirmation email on your registered mobile number.
Cancel the Flight at the Airport
The cancellation policy allows the passenger to cancel the flight up to 2 hours before the departure. So flight cancellation can be done from the airport as well. To cancel the flight at the airport, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the nearby airport atleast 2 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- Locate the reservation desk of the airline at the airport.
- Wait until your turn comes to talk with the agent at the reservation/support desk.
- Once your turn arrives, share all the travelling and flight details with the agent.
- Ask the agent to cancel your reservation. The agent may provide you with a form to fill out.
- Complete the process by filling out the form, and the airline will share the confirmation for cancellation on your registered email.
WestJet 24-hour Cancellation Policy
With WestJet’s 24 hour cancellation policy, passengers can enjoy a free cancellation. However, the cancellation must be made within 24 hours of booking, and the flight’s scheduled departure must be after 7 days.
The conditions making the passengers eligible for the 24-hour cancellation window are:
- The fare purchased for the journey should be from the airline’s website or the reservation desk at the local offices.
- Irrespective of the fare type, cancellations made within 24 hours of booking are eligible for a full refund.
- There are exceptions, like group booking, where the 24-hour cancellation policy is not applicable.
Charges to Cancel Flight with WestJet
The airline charges for all bookings after the 24-hour free cancellation window. All the bookings made on or after Sept 1, 2022, with the airline will be charged according to the table provided below for the WestJet cancel flight process:
|Cancel fee for||Econo||EconoFlex||Premium||Business|
|Flight within Canada||100-118 CAD||No fee||100-118 CAD||100-118 CAD|
|The flight between Canada and all destinations(except Europe & Asia)||100-118 CAD/USD||No fee||100-118 CAD/USD||100-118 CAD/USD|
|The flight between Canada and Europe||150-177 CAD99 EUR83 GBP||No fee||300-354 CAD228 EUR192 GBP||600-708 CAD396 EUR336 GBP|
|The flight between Canada and Asia||150-177 CAD15,794 JPY||No fee||300-354 CAD31,587 JPY||600-708 CAD63,174 JPY|
Steps to Follow in Case of Cancellation from WestJet Airlines
Delays and cancellations from the end of the airline can happen for reasons including outside the airline’s control, within the control but mandatory for safety purposes, and the airline’s control.
In all cases, whether in control or not, the airline ensures flexibility to passengers. However, as a passenger, you can follow the steps below in case of delays or cancellations from the airline’s end.
- Ask the airline to rebook you on an alternative flight after checking the seat availability.
- The airline will assign a seat on an alternative flight. But if you are unsatisfied with the flight, you can ask for a refund from the airline.
- In cases of delay, the airline provides compensation to the passengers depending on the hours of flight delay.
Note: In case of delays and cancellations from the airline, you can contact the airline’s customer care department. The agent can assist you with the refund or rebooking.
What is WestJet Cancellation policy for group bookings?
The cancellation for the group bookings made with the airline must be made 14 days before the flight’s scheduled departure. If cancelled under this window, the cancellation charges will be waived.
What if I cancel my flight with WestJet due to medical reasons?
Cancellations due to medical reasons can make you eligible for a full refund from the airline. However, the airline may ask you to present the documentation regarding the health concern to initiate the refund. It is advisable to connect with the airline customer care executive to seek information about the same.