Finnair’s seat selection lets you curate your travel experience effortlessly. Handpick your haven – be it a window for scenic allure, an aisle for easy access, or premium zones for a touch of luxury. With each seat tailored to your preferences, your journey reaches new heights of comfort. From departure to arrival, this air carrier ensures your flight is exactly how you envisioned it.
Finnair Seat Selection Guide
Below is the guide for seat selection for Finnair:
Seating Options On Finnair
You can choose from a variety of seats in different classes of this airline. Every cabin offers the service of seat selection.
Business Class Seats
This is the highest cabin class on this carrier and there are two types of seating options available.
Preferred Seat: The seats are positioned by the window and give you direct aisle access. They have solo seat configuration and provides you with maximum privacy
Standard Seat: These seats are located between the aisles. There is also an automatic divider which you can lower while flying with a companion.
Premium Economy Seats
This class also offers two seating options to choose from.
Preferred Seat: There are seats in front of the preferred seats in the Premium Economy class. You get 26.5 inches of space in front with a personal entertainment screen of 16 inches mounted on the wall.
Standard Seat: They have a seat pitch of 38 inches and are made with memory foam cushions. You can enjoy reading with a private light or watch something entertaining on the 13-inch screen.
Economy Class Seats
There are a number of seat options you can select in the Economy cabin of this air carrier.
Comfort Seat: They are placed in the front section of the Economy class and have around 3 inches of extra space for legs.
Extra Legroom Seat: These seats come with maximum possible legroom and personal space in the cabin. They are located in the exit row with 51.5 inches of space to relax and without any seats in the front.
Front Row Seat: They are in the first row of the forward and rear cabin sections in the Economy Class. One or two of these seats on each aircraft are equipped with a baby bassinet.
Preferred Seat: This is a popular section of the cabin. The first nine rows are dedicated to the preferred seats. If you select seats on Finnair from this category, you will be among the first to disembark from the plane.
Standard Seat: The leftover seats in the Economy class are called standard seats. You can choose from window, aisle, or middle seat options. It is a good seat choice to ensure you are sitting together with your companions while traveling.
Note: The seat choices are a bit different if you are traveling within Europe on this carrier. Please check out the website of the airline to see seating options on the short-haul flights.
Process Of Seat Selection On Finnair
The procedure of seat selection can be completed while you are booking your flight or afterward on the online portal. Both these methods are discussed in detail below.
You are entitled to select your favorite seat when you are making the initial booking of your flight ticket. The steps you need to follow in this process are:
- Navigate to the official website of the carrier i.e. www.finnair.com on your search engine.
- In the box on the homepage, select your trip type, departure, and arrival airports.
- Two other boxes will pop up where you can select your travel class and number of passengers.
- When you click on the travel dates section, a calendar will appear including the flight prices. Select the date that suits you and your budget the best.
- After adding all the above details, click on the “Search” button.
- The list of departing flights will be displayed and you can choose according to your preferences.
- In the next step, add your personal information and make sure to fill out all the mandatory fields.
- Verify your details once and pick out your favorite spot from the Finnair seat map on your screen.
- Now, you have to fill in the details of your payment mode. Select the payment method from the available options.
- Lastly, pay for your flight and selected seat and soon you will receive an email from the carrier including all the necessary information.
After The Reservation
You can also select a seat of your choice once you have purchased the flight ticket. You can do this on the website or the mobile app of the carrier by following a few simple steps.
- Select the “Manage” tab appearing on the homepage of the airline.
- Enter your booking reference/e-ticket number along with your family name and click on the “Search” button.
- Click on the “Travel Extras” option once your flight information opens up.
- Select your seat from the interactive seat map under your booked flight details.
- Your seat will be confirmed after paying the charges for the selected one.
- Then, the airline will send you an email with your seat reservation receipt and details.
Terms And Conditions Regarding Seat Selection
Have a look at some terms and conditions that apply to the seat selection process on this airline.
- It is not guaranteed at all times that you will sit on your selected seat. Because there might be some changes due to operational, security, and safety reasons.
- The Finnair seat selection fee is based on your seat choice, ticket type, the length of your flight, and your frequent flyer status.
- There will be no refund provided for the seat selection if you cancel your flight or are not suitable to sit on that particular selection.
- When you make a seat upgrade online, the fee will be automatically refunded for your previous seat.
- If you change your flight times according to the fare rules, you have to reserve your paid seat again for the new flight.
Exit Row Seats Conditions On Finnair
The emergency exit row seats include most of the extra legroom seats and a few standard seats. If you want to select these seats, there are some added responsibilities that you need to take care of.
- You should be able to assist other passengers in an emergency case and should be well-versed in English or Finnish.
- Your minimum age should be at least 12 years old.
- You must have physical strength to open the exit door and assist the crew if needed.
- You cannot select this type of seat if you require an extension belt.
- These seats are also not available for you to select if:
- You are traveling with an in-cabin pet or an infant.
- You are in need of a wheelchair or medical assistance.
- You have reduced mobility or visual/hearing impairment.
Seat Selection For Group Booking
If you are traveling in a group on this air carrier, then, the seat selection process can be carried out by contacting customer service. The numbers at which you can connect with one of the representatives are +1 929 474 6049 and +1 323 694 7646.
Your call will be answered after you press the right number by listening to the IVR instructions. Do note that service fees might apply when you call customer service.
Provide your group booking details to the agent and they will do their best to select seats for your entire group. They will send you the seat information on your given contact number or email.
You can also book seats for your group when the online check-in of your flight starts. It opens 36 hours before the journey and by paying the fee per person, your seats will be confirmed shortly.
Can I select an extra seat on Finnair for my comfort?
You can definitely select two seats if you wish to fly more comfortably. The extra seat can be reserved by paying the airfare without taxes. For this type of seat selection, you have to contact the carrier by phone or chat. Because you cannot select an extra seat on the online platform.
Why was my pre-paid seat changed on Finnair?
The airline tries its best to make sure you get the seat you selected and bought. However, you may not get the exact seat because of the changes in aircraft. Depending on the weather forecast, the version and type of aircraft may vary between the date of purchase and departure date. Your seat might also be changed due to an extra number of reservations or operational situations. But, do not worry as the carrier will provide you with an equivalent seat or a refund.