Planning a group travel and want to avoid getting a headache or face any struggle during the flight boarding? Then book your tickets with Southwest Airlines group booking. With this policy, you will surely get to enjoy the journey with your group and can make some amazing memorable memories.
No matter how many passengers are in a group, be it 10 passengers or more. The airline will prioritize every individual’s needs. So without any further ado, let’s explore more details about this policy in the below-mentioned article.
What are the Southwest Group Travel Policies?
Before you proceed with your Southwest Airlines group travel plans, there are some essential details that you must know. The details can be checked below;
- The cost of deposits does not go towards the cost of tickets. Once the final payment and tickets have been issued, deposits will be returned within five business days. Any additional processing time needed by the credit card company will affect deposit refunds. Your reimbursement could arrive in two statements or more.
- All the Group Tickets are non-refundable once it has been purchased. Group tickets are not transferable, standby, changeable, or exchangeable.
- As per the Southwest group reservation policy, for all reservations, credit cards, PayPal, UATP, and wire transfers will all be allowed as payment methods. The only method of payment accepted for deposits is credit cards. For group reservations, eChecks, Southwest LUV Vouchers®, Southwest® gift cards, and flight credits won’t be accepted as payment methods.
- No paper tickets will be supplied for group travel; all tickets will be issued electronically.
- Up to 72 hours before departure, name changes are allowed without restriction for group reservations.
- Even though you won’t get a boarding card until 24 hours before your scheduled departure time, if you are taking a Group Travel itinerary, you can reserve your boarding place online. Prior to receiving a boarding pass and moving past the security checkpoint to your departure gate, a Customer Service Agent or kiosk at the ticket counter must verify your passport if you are travelling overseas.
Benefits of Southwest Group Reservation
Let’s check out the benefits that the airline will provide to its valuable passengers;
- All the passengers traveling along with the group will get a 10% Southwest Airlines group fare discount.
- If you are traveling with a group of 10 or more then you can get up to 50% off on your flight ticket.
- A free round-trip ticket for every 29 passengers.
- If you are traveling with 10 or more people then you will get an unlimited name change facility for up to 72 hours prior to departure.
- Apart from that, you will get priority boarding, complimentary snacks and drinks, and access to the Southwest Airlines Club facilities.
- A group reservation won’t require a deposit upfront. Up to 60 days before the flight’s departure day, groups are permitted to make installment payments.
- The airline will not charge any fees for booking, ticketing, or change.
- For every 29 group tickets purchased through the Southwest Group Reservation Programme, one tour conductor ticket will be free of carrier fees. However, taxes and fees will be applicable. The tour conductor may travel with the group using this ticket.
Eligibility For Southwest Group Booking
Not all passengers can become eligible for group booking. If you wanna know whether you are eligible for booking or not, then check out the pointers written below;
- To get all the group booking facilities and benefits, your group must hold 10 or more passengers.
- All the passengers of the particular group must travel on the same itinerary.
- The Southwest Airlines group reservation should be made at least 14 days prior to the flight departure day.
- School Groups, Religious Groups, Family Groups, and Sports Groups are also eligible.
Procedure to Book Southwest Group Reservation
You can easily book your group reservation either through the official website or by calling the airline’s flight reservation desk.
Online Group Booking
To complete your group booking procedure online, you are required to follow the steps given below;
- Open your web browser and go to the official Southwest Airlines website at www.southwest.com.
- If you already have a Southwest Airlines account, sign in. If not, create a new account.
- Once you are signed in, look for the “Group Travel” option. This is where you will start the group reservation process.
- Click on “Start a new group reservation” or a similar option to begin the process.
- Enter the details of your trip, such as the departure and arrival cities, travel dates, and the number of passengers in your group.
- Enter the names and other required information for each passenger in your group.
- Select the flights that best fit your group’s travel needs. Southwest Airlines will show you available options, including flight times and prices.
- Review your group reservation details, including the flight itinerary and passenger information, to ensure everything is correct.
- Pay for the group reservation. You will typically need to provide payment information, such as credit card details, to secure the booking.
- Once your payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your group reservation. Make sure to save this email for reference.
- You can manage your group reservation, make changes, and add more passengers if needed by logging into your Southwest Airlines account and accessing your booking.
Via Calling the Airline Representative
If you find the online procedure difficult and need assistance during the process then you can call the airline by following the steps written below;
1. Call the Southwest Airlines Group Travel Services number at 1 800 433 5368.
2. Provide the customer service representative with the following information:
- The number of people in your group
- Your travel dates
- Your desired departure and arrival airports
- Any special requests, such as seating preferences or disability assistance
- The customer service representative will search for available flights and fares that meet your needs.
3. Once you have selected a flight and fare, the customer service representative will book your group reservation.
4. You will need to provide your name, contact information, and payment information.
If there are passengers in my group requiring special assistance, what should I do?
In case you are traveling with a group in which one or more passengers need assistance or have mobility issues then you should reach out to the Southwest Airlines group travel phone number at 1 800 433 5368. They will surely provide the best solution as per your needs.
Can my group complete Southwest check-in online?
Yes, your group can easily complete the check-in and boarding procedure online. For this, you are required to follow the steps;
1. Go to the official site of Southwest Airlines.
2. Then submit the confirmation number and first and last name of the passengers. (For domestic flights, you can either check-in the entire group or individuals, and for international flights, you will have to proceed with check-in one at a time.)
3. If you are traveling internationally then you will have to provide valid passport details and emergency contact information to complete the process.
Can I purchase Southwest EarlyBird check-in with my group reservation?
No, as of now you cannot purchase EarlyBird check-in with your group reservation because the airline does not provide this facility. So it is advisable, to complete the check-in procedure online within 24 hours prior to departure. This will help you to get the best chance of improving your boarding position and seat selection.